Aggies get beat! TTU & UT live to play another day.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Ginger Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Jon/Spazdout = The most level headed aggie fan I have personally EVER met.
thanks gray....i'm surprised its tuesday and i just started posting in this thread....lol
Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by heybro
go to hell kerry
UT plays in lubbock this year so we might have a chance
lol, i have been to many UT TTU games, and the best was the last TTU home game... the thought they were going to win, and nope... defense blew it like every year.

I expect the same
Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...ge=bottom10081

Ouch. I think that's a little harsh for TAMU. ESPN loves to pile on, though.

-Mike
Old 09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Once again, as we used to chant during the games against Texas Tech:

WE'RE NOT RIVALS!

We already have rivals. Find your own.

-Mike
Old 09-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Tech is not the greatest I admit, but UT or A&M never have a guaranteed win against Tech. Just like when I was there and everyone in UT thought Applewhite and Ricky Williams were gonna blow Tech away. In the end it was Tech's little Ricky Williams that came away with the win. I don't even think Tech was ranked back then too.

Then again their defense isn't the same as when Spike Dykes was there. He was more of a defense oriented coach then Leech is now IMO. For Leech it's all about the passing game.

Either way Texas teams are rivals and anyone can be upset. Home field makes a big difference too.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra

WE'RE NOT RIVALS!

-Mike
Did I miss where any TTU fan was saying A&M is their rival? Or is that just a random thought? Also, ANYBODY in the Big12 conference is considered a rival IMO. You play the majority of your games each year against Big12 teams. Why would you NOT consider each of them rivals?

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Did I miss where any TTU fan was saying A&M is their rival? Or is that just a random thought? Also, ANYBODY in the Big12 conference is considered a rival IMO. You play the majority of your games each year against Big12 teams. Why would you NOT consider each of them rivals?
1) I was in Longhorn Band. Didn't go to A&M.
2) My comment was in response to the discussion of TTU fans/game experiences.
3) No, we're not rivals. We're opponents. There is a rivalry between UT and A&M, and a rivalry between UT and OU. Both have been mostly one-sided in the wins/losses column in recent years (both for and against UT), but those are rivalries. I don't see TTU as a rival any more than I see Baylor or Oklahoma State as a rival. I see them as opponents.

-Mike
Old 09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TexZ
Yeah, our football team isn't anywhere close to the best in the big 12; but I'm pretty sure the last time I checked, Tech was in danger of losing it's accreditation. You might want to focus on your academics a little more than football.
You have to be kidding me? The 3rd largest university in the state of Texas is not going to "loose its accreditation." Thats rediculous. And as a tech grad, i have to admit that some departments are a joke. But the eletrical engineering department was anything but.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kerryt1
Hi, I'm Kerry and I can't stand. ............................Texas Tech fans.
Hi Kerry, Texas Tech Fans don't care if you can stand or not. You should however, roll on out to lubbock to watch the upset.>

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra

WE'RE NOT RIVALS!

-Mike

TTU is an up and coming star and has clearly surpased A&M as the second best team in the state. So, maybe UT should ditch the A&M rivalry in search for better competition. Ok, there will always be the red-river-shoot-out, but you have to have at least ONE in state rival. A&M is clearly a win, Tech is clearly a threat to be taken seriously. (hell, look at the past two years.)
Old 09-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Launching!

tech is the honda civic of Texas football....yeh while you may have some nice points and may actually get a lot of work and be faster than a ferrari (texas/a&m/ou)...you'll still always be a civic

and whoever said "tech is a serious threat look at the last two years"...realize A&M beat texas the past two years...
Old 09-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by landonew
You have to be kidding me? The 3rd largest university in the state of Texas is not going to "loose its accreditation." Thats rediculous. And as a tech grad, i have to admit that some departments are a joke. But the eletrical engineering department was anything but.

In the spring a dept at tech was going to lose its accreditation. not the whole school.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

The true rival for Texas has and always will be OU. Hands down. A&M was just (FOR THE MOST PART) an easy win in the W column. It is a shame to see the downhill slide since the Slocum Days.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM

woah... 3rd largest? might wanna do your research.

Tceh is the 6th largest in Texas coming in closely behind UT-San Antonio

fyi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_enrollment
Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 AM

The true rival for Texas has and always will be OU. Hands down. A&M was just (FOR THE MOST PART) an easy win in the W column. It is a shame to see the downhill slide since the Slocum Days.
Easy win. Good call. Especially since A&M owns the head-to-head at 18-15 since 1975.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by khaos288
tech is the honda civic of Texas football....yeh while you may have some nice points and may actually get a lot of work and be faster than a ferrari (texas/a&m/ou)...you'll still always be a civic

and whoever said "tech is a serious threat look at the last two years"...realize A&M beat texas the past two years...
khaos, please don't include A&M in any discussion as being on Texas' or OU's level in sports, lol. They are, and have been second fiddle to The University of Texas. Whether you want to admit it or not Tech owns A&M in football and will give them another beat down AGAIN this year.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:27 PM

khaos, please don't include A&M in any discussion as being on Texas' or OU's level in sports, lol.
wow, really?

Check out the most recent Lone Star Showdown tally, there, chief. A&M topped Texas 10 1/2 to 8 1/2 in all head-to-head sports

http://www.lonestarshowdown.net/inde...article_id=214
Old 09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flaith
Easy win. Good call. Especially since A&M owns the head-to-head at 18-15 since 1975.
What is the record all time?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flaith
wow, really?

Check out the most recent Lone Star Showdown tally, there, chief. A&M topped Texas 10 1/2 to 8 1/2 in all head-to-head sports

http://www.lonestarshowdown.net/inde...article_id=214

take womens sports off the list and how does it change things? (i did not click the link)
Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
What is the record all time?
that is an unfair question considering A&M hasn't been a real university for long.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:38 PM

oh, you mean including back when we were a male-only military academy with mandatory service requirement?

well, then texas has the overall of course 73-36-5. I definitely wouldn't have gone to A&M back then. Much less if I thought I was talented enough to play pro.