User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since this thread is getting more attention by mods/admins and mine's getting ignored could someone please address this issue?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...ified-add.html
Old 02-12-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I think if I deleted everyones classified threads I would (probably quite rightly) be shot.

We added a box on the left to make searching easier, the prices (and details) of cars on the forum page to make look cleaner and easier to find the info that you might be after, and we only introduced it after announcing it on the site for over a week and asking for feedback, and I think its fair to say we pissed off a lot of people doing that.
You think making everyone repost all of their classifieds would work better?

it's classifieds if someone really wants to sell something they'll repost it. it's much less of a deal for people to repost adds and have it less cluttered and having a search that works and a little more organizeation vs what we have. i understand the company wants change but what you guys did was a giant cluster. you figure with the major feedback scattered all around the board you would notice that.

here's my opinion, tailoring a classifieds around a search function doesnt work. there needs to be organization. i never use a search function unless i need something specific. i definitely dont like to sift through lt1, mustang parts, sbc stuff, like now. i'm pretty sure most people do the same thing. what i propose is something that divides the types of parts out in engine parts, electronics, suspension, etc.. this will alleviate the previous clutter and reduce the problem of ripping through 6 pages of just todays for sale posts to see what someone is selling. it also reduces people having to bump their posts every day since it sections everything out and helps them generate sales and actually making use of the classifieds section. i'm sure that isnt a option for this site because minds were already made but if you actually want something to work i'm willing to bet that more people will like that idea more than anything.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Therefore, we cannot move threads to another forum (LSX to Non-LSX for example) because they are all in the exact same forum to begin with. There are not really THREE forums at all. Anyone should be able to notice that no matter which "forum" link you click, your actual location (Check the path) does NOT change.
this is another problem on the moderator side. it's hard to moderate posts if they are all jumbled into one section. then you have to sift through **** you already looked over, cleaned up, or new posts. sectioning posts will give the mods alot more organization and reduce the clutter and allow them to do their job more efficiently.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by rons 00z
this is another problem on the moderator side. it's hard to moderate posts if they are all jumbled into one section. then you have to sift through **** you already looked over, cleaned up, or new posts. sectioning posts will give the mods alot more organization and reduce the clutter and allow them to do their job more efficiently.
Exactly
Old 02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Launching!

I posted a for sale ad before the new parts classifieds. Now, I can't edit my original post to lower the prices. Should I delete it and make another one or what?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Golf&GM and PGUFF, PM me the details of what you want the ads to say and I will help you out.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

IB already got it sorted! Thanks for the quick response and resolution!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
IB

Make sure it works first (it should!)
Old 02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

It does, just updated it a little while ago and it shows up in the Non-LS section
Old 02-12-2010, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
I am going to jump in here since this pisses me off.

What exactly do you think needs moderated?

For the record: There is now only ONE parts forum with ALL of the ads combined. There is only ONE vehicle forum with ALL of those ads combined as well.

The "separate" forums are simply preset search links with the engine tpye designator defined in the query. They are not different physical locations.

Therefore, we cannot move threads to another forum (LSX to Non-LSX for example) because they are all in the exact same forum to begin with. There are not really THREE forums at all. Anyone should be able to notice that no matter which "forum" link you click, your actual location (Check the path) does NOT change.

So, since you think it is the mods fault...where exactly should we put these "cross postings"...?

The only thing IMO that needs more moderation it the multiple thread violators. I have asked for a way to control this, as we only have so much spare time to go find every single one, but apparently it is not an option.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers but it seems most of us are pissed off these days about this BS Classified overhaul. I appreciate you guys do this as a service and it is a thankless job. So thank you.

This is what I'm getting at since there are 3 friggin *links*, cut it down to LS and Non-LS for parts and vehicles and USE THEM as dedicated sub forums and not search queries or delete the links. Simple concept. This obviously speaks to IB rather than the moderators. Thanks again,

Larry
Old 02-12-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
It remembers whether you selected to hide it or not (it gets shown by default) - and will show it as the page loads, and then return to hiding it (if that was what you selected)
Yes I get that but its doing it twice. It appears, hides, appears again, and hides again. Its not really a big deal I just thought I would let you know. Also now that I have it hidden I dont see a way to bring it back.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Launching!

Display Options panel is back!!!
Thanks Adrian.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
Also now that I have it hidden I dont see a way to bring it back.
Does the "Show Marketplace Search not appear for you, as shown:

Click anywhere (on the text, or the double right arrow, and the widget returns for me.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeremyT
No its blank on my screen.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

it's classifieds if someone really wants to sell something they'll repost it. it's much less of a deal for people to repost adds and have it less cluttered and having a search that works and a little more organizeation vs what we have. i understand the company wants change but what you guys did was a giant cluster. you figure with the major feedback scattered all around the board you would notice that.

here's my opinion, tailoring a classifieds around a search function doesnt work. there needs to be organization. i never use a search function unless i need something specific. i definitely dont like to sift through lt1, mustang parts, sbc stuff, like now. i'm pretty sure most people do the same thing. what i propose is something that divides the types of parts out in engine parts, electronics, suspension, etc.. this will alleviate the previous clutter and reduce the problem of ripping through 6 pages of just todays for sale posts to see what someone is selling. it also reduces people having to bump their posts every day since it sections everything out and helps them generate sales and actually making use of the classifieds section. i'm sure that isnt a option for this site because minds were already made but if you actually want something to work i'm willing to bet that more people will like that idea more than anything.
Changing it back is still going to be your best option. So it's possible that some people will be pissed off for a minute, then they'll get over it, make a new post, and everyone will be happy.

If you really want to know how everyone would feel about it, why not make a poll for a week or so and see what we all really think???
Old 02-13-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Changing it back is still going to be your best option. So it's possible that some people will be pissed off for a minute, then they'll get over it, make a new post, and everyone will be happy.

If you really want to know how everyone would feel about it, why not make a poll for a week or so and see what we all really think???

we did that and because it was so much in our favor and made the admin looks like ******** they locked it. yeah their reason was because this thread was open however this thread doesnt have a vote count to show the disinterest of the current change. there should be a announcement in all the sections so everyone on the board is provided the option of voting or not. of course this wont happen because admin has already made up their mind but maybe they wont act as ignorant and listen to the people.....who knows.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:16 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
No its blank on my screen.

You appear to be using the Darkside theme, but it works for me when I select that theme as well.

For troubleshooting and information, what browser and version are you using?
Old 02-13-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You appear to be using the Darkside theme, but it works for me when I select that theme as well.?
I looked with the default theme and it was still missing.

For troubleshooting and information, what browser and version are you using?
Slimbrowser 4.12 and it wont appear with IE either.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

we did that and because it was so much in our favor and made the admin looks like ******** they locked it. yeah their reason was because this thread was open however this thread doesnt have a vote count to show the disinterest of the current change. there should be a announcement in all the sections so everyone on the board is provided the option of voting or not. of course this wont happen because admin has already made up their mind but maybe they wont act as ignorant and listen to the people.....who knows.
Yeah I saw that link in somebodys sig and that's how I found this thread. Pretty sad really that they would lock the one that actually shows WITHOUT A DOUBT what we all want

THERE SHOULD BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT IN ALL THE SECTIONS SO EVERYONE ON THE BOARD HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE.

....thought the same thing but that might make too much sense
Old 02-13-2010, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Doesn't show for me either, but I'm sure it's my fault lol.

Larry

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!