User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the LSX FS add section still cluttered with street bikes,mustangs, V6, and LT1 adds...
Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Hello..... Is this mic on? Anyone out there? Were waiting.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search thing on the left is still taking up too much screen,
Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

No one is reading this but I will reiterate anyway. Since I seriously doubt we will go back to the old setup (I'm guessing EBAY pays well for the expanded search) here are my suggestions.

1) Get that monstrous search off the page ASAP as ****.

2) Divide the Parts FS section into 2 sections only. LS and non-LS.

3) Divide the Cars FS into 2 sections only. LS and non-LS.

4) Get some moderation in the Classifieds section to help iron stuff out in the meantime.

5) Let us know what's going on, what the plan is, if anyone is even reading this thread!

Thank you,

Larry
Old 02-10-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

The old classifeds you could post your parts and sell them.

Now I can't.

If I wanted to buy from a sponsor I would look them up and click there link. If I wanted to shop Ebay I would go to Ebay.com and search there.

We all look through the classifeds as used parts are cheaper and it helps others get there projects together as well. Its more of a community thing, rather than lining someones pocket.

I search the classified first, and if I can't find what I am looking for then I would go to a sponsor as long as there feedback is positive and the price is in line with the rest of the world.

BTW, does any one else have problems posting a new clasified ad? I keep getting the "no engine selected" error??

What was wrong with the classifieds of 2006?? They worked......
Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 PM
IB

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
No one is reading this but I will reiterate anyway. Since I seriously doubt we will go back to the old setup (I'm guessing EBAY pays well for the expanded search) here are my suggestions.

1) Get that monstrous search off the page ASAP as ****.

2) Divide the Parts FS section into 2 sections only. LS and non-LS.

3) Divide the Cars FS into 2 sections only. LS and non-LS.

4) Get some moderation in the Classifieds section to help iron stuff out in the meantime.

5) Let us know what's going on, what the plan is, if anyone is even reading this thread!

Thank you,

Larry
Larry, I will try to respond to each of your points.
1) We have put in the ability to hide the search widget now.

2) I have tried my best to make sure that you have 2 categories that you can click on

3) Same as above

4) The forum should be being moderated

5) I am reading the thread and we are making improvements (hopefully for the better), our intention is to try to take on board as many of your suggestions that we can and improve the classifieds section.

In addition we have fixed a number of other things (stretching the template, sort threads by date started etc.)

Thanks,
Adrian
Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by IB Adrian

2) I have tried my best to make sure that you have 2 categories that you can click on

3) Same as above

5) I am reading the thread and we are making improvements (hopefully for the better), our intention is to try to take on board as many of your suggestions that we can and improve the classifieds section.

In addition we have fixed a number of other things (stretching the template, sort threads by date started etc.)

Thanks,
Adrian

i have a question, why not change it back if alot more than 50% of people on here hate it?

nothing was wrong with the old sysyem
Old 02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When you hide the seach and click the next page the search appears/hides twice.

Also for some reason its leaving the year/make/model,price,mileage,color section blank.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
i have a question, why not change it back if alot more than 50% of people on here hate it?

i've asked that question like five times already with no response. i hope you get one.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by IB Adrian

Great, much better.

There are 3 sections. Classifieds, LS Parts, and Non-LS parts. Tons of cross posting going on. Cut out the "catch all" Classifieds section and just have LS and Non-LS sections.

3) Same as above

Ditto.

Should be moderated and is being moderated are two seperate things. The vehicle classifieds is even worse with cross posting. All THREE forums are essentially identical in regards to threads. It only takes a second to check it out and see the problems.

Thanks for letting us know. More frequent updates wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,
Adrian
Thanks,

Larry
Old 02-12-2010, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

he already answered why... because each of the 60,000 threads would have to get moved back one by one... and if you look closely the classifieds are pretty much like they were with the exception of that extra block of info that gives you specifics on what your buying
Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If they're pretty much like they were, why do you get mustangs when you click on LS vehicles?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
If they're pretty much like they were, why do you get mustangs when you click on LS vehicles?
That's because the people making the thread aren’t selecting the non-ls vehicle option.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 AM
IB

As another user mentioned - we would have to move each post back, one by one.
Our experience has been that the feature has been quite popular on other sites, and I know that hasn't been the case here, but we hope that we have been able to make some changes to make it for the better for you.
Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
When you hide the seach and click the next page the search appears/hides twice.
It remembers whether you selected to hide it or not (it gets shown by default) - and will show it as the page loads, and then return to hiding it (if that was what you selected)
Also for some reason its leaving the year/make/model,price,mileage,color section blank.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/adsfas-2.jpg
What browser are you using? - I can't for the life of me replicate the problem with making it blank.
Also, did the problem only occur starting yesterday?
Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
If you come across that - you can report the post. Moderators can either change it or delete it, depending upon how many beers they have had
Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im using firefox and the year/model/price stuff is blank as well. However, I like that you can hide everything now. Its getting better!
Attached Thumbnails Updated Classifieds!-weirdness.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 AM
IB

Thanks - I can't get that to occur in Firefox. I don't know why. I will get our tech team to look at it!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroz28383
he already answered why... because each of the 60,000 threads would have to get moved back one by one... and if you look closely the classifieds are pretty much like they were with the exception of that extra block of info that gives you specifics on what your buying
who cares it's a classifieds section theres no important tech data just **** for sale. people have the ability to repost something if they want to sell it. so i dont buy the moving threads one by one because they can just remake the old format and have everyone start over. i dont know how many people care about something i sold back in november but i sure dont.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 AM
IB

Originally Posted by rons 00z
who cares it's a classifieds section theres no important tech data just **** for sale. people have the ability to repost something if they want to sell it. so i dont buy the moving threads one by one because they can just remake the old format and have everyone start over. i dont know how many people care about something i sold back in november but i sure dont.
I think if I deleted everyones classified threads I would (probably quite rightly) be shot.

We added a box on the left to make searching easier, the prices (and details) of cars on the forum page to make look cleaner and easier to find the info that you might be after, and we only introduced it after announcing it on the site for over a week and asking for feedback, and I think its fair to say we pissed off a lot of people doing that.
You think making everyone repost all of their classifieds would work better?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I must say it's coming along as of late. Thanks for the response Adrian.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
Should be moderated and is being moderated are two seperate things. The vehicle classifieds is even worse with cross posting. All THREE forums are essentially identical in regards to threads. It only takes a second to check it out and see the problems.
I am going to jump in here since this pisses me off.

What exactly do you think needs moderated?

For the record: There is now only ONE parts forum with ALL of the ads combined. There is only ONE vehicle forum with ALL of those ads combined as well.

The "separate" forums are simply preset search links with the engine tpye designator defined in the query. They are not different physical locations.

Therefore, we cannot move threads to another forum (LSX to Non-LSX for example) because they are all in the exact same forum to begin with. There are not really THREE forums at all. Anyone should be able to notice that no matter which "forum" link you click, your actual location (Check the path) does NOT change.

So, since you think it is the mods fault...where exactly should we put these "cross postings"...?

The only thing IMO that needs more moderation it the multiple thread violators. I have asked for a way to control this, as we only have so much spare time to go find every single one, but apparently it is not an option.

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!