User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Robb. Its been so long, that it just feels like a hopeless situation.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robb M.
I haven't ignored anything. I've clearly stated, several times that we can not go back to the old system. That's a decision made over my head, and that's all there is to it.

The sooner you guys can come up with suggestions like above, the sooner this mess will begin to sort itself out.

The settings were initially created poorly, leading to the completely useless search results right now. If you would work with me, we can fix this in a moment's time, and things will improve.

cheers,
robb
All I wanted to know was why it is not possible to go back now. I mistakenly thought you might be able to find the answer, working for IB and all. Just answer that one simple question and I'll stop bitching about it.

You are still missing the big problem though. The vast majority of people here don't go to the classifieds looking for some specific part. Most people go to the section that pertains to their vehicle and what they're interested in (LSX, non LSX, FS, WTB, etc.) and they just browse through to see if they find anything interesting or just a good deal that may have popped up. You can't do that with this new ****, which is why it will never be as good as the old one.

Oh, and what's your opinion about opening new sections for us and still keeping yours?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

well robb then it's unfortunate that the people above your head could **** up a steal ball with a glass hammer. i'm sorry you work for a bunch of morons but it's never going to get better until the mental midgets who made that decision decide to pull their head out their ***. not only does this cluster **** of classifieds make it harder for people to buy from the site but it also makes it harder for your people to moderate it. it will not work the way it is and it's obvious.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

^

Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 AM
IB Staff

The main reason the marketplace isn't working, is because nobody here seems to have any interest in helping to fix it. You all are content to keep screaming bring it back over and over and over again, no matter how many times you're told that it's simply not possible.

The browsing described above, is entirely possible using the system, when it's set up properly. That didn't happen here initially, and i apologize for it. I can understand that you all have a negative opinion of it now based on this. However, it's simply not the case on every other automotive site we're using it on. The main difference, the other sites are utilizing the features, where people here are still posting 10 items in a thread. The system is simply not designed to work that way. I don't know how much more clear I can make this.

If I can get an actual reason as to the 'why', I'll share it with you. As it stands, I came here on my own accord, and have shared all the info I know. I am still willing to work with you to fix the product, but I simply can not do it without the guidance of someone familiar with the LS1 engine hierarchy.

cheers,
robb
Old 05-21-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks for your help robb, it really sucks that things have to be this way. The reality of the whole deal is, IB refuses to change it back, and members here refuse to openly accept it. Both of these decisions are based on people's free will. Either side could change their mind, and we could have harmony again. However, let me state for the record, the system wasnt that organized before, but it worked fine. I was used to it, I could find what I specifically was looking for if I so desired. I for one really dont need or want a bunch of fancy search options and I think others agree with this, and thats where all the refusal is coming from. However, if IB isnt budging on this issue, then we should at least help Robb make this clusterfuck better

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 05-22-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

robb,

so we can't have multiple items in a thread. what happens when someone has an entire car there parting out? do you want them to make 200 threads? and completly jam up the forum?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Thanks for your help robb, it really sucks that things have to be this way. The reality of the whole deal is, IB refuses to change it back, and members here refuse to openly accept it. Both of these decisions are based on people's free will. Either side could change their mind, and we could have harmony again. However, let me state for the record, the system wasnt that organized before, but it worked fine. I was used to it, I could find what I specifically was looking for if I so desired. I for one really dont need or want a bunch of fancy search options and I think others agree with this, and thats where are the refusal is coming from. However, if IB isnt budging on this issue, then we should at least help Robb make this clusterfuck better
Agreed I might take a look at it later and see if there's anything I can find to help.

Originally Posted by camaroz28383
robb,

so we can't have multiple items in a thread. what happens when someone has an entire car there parting out? do you want them to make 200 threads? and completly jam up the forum?
Excellent question.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

The main reason the marketplace isn't working, is because nobody here seems to have any interest in helping to fix it. You all are content to keep screaming bring it back over and over and over again, no matter how many times you're told that it's simply not possible.

The browsing described above, is entirely possible using the system, when it's set up properly. That didn't happen here initially, and i apologize for it. I can understand that you all have a negative opinion of it now based on this. However, it's simply not the case on every other automotive site we're using it on. The main difference, the other sites are utilizing the features, where people here are still posting 10 items in a thread. The system is simply not designed to work that way. I don't know how much more clear I can make this.

If I can get an actual reason as to the 'why', I'll share it with you. As it stands, I came here on my own accord, and have shared all the info I know. I am still willing to work with you to fix the product, but I simply can not do it without the guidance of someone familiar with the LS1 engine hierarchy.

cheers,
robb
sorry robb but those two forums you mentioned have not even a 1/16th of the classifieds traffic. anyone can go on those forums and see that the classifieds section isnt as busy as on here. those sites are not comparable what so ever. the way it's setup is shitty we keep saying change it back because apparently we're the only ones that can see this wont work. you cant polish a turd robb and thats what we're doing here.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the main problem is the traffic and amount of vehicles this site is based on. GTOs, Corvettes, TBSS, 4th gens and so on. There is just TOO much to have the classified designed this way.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bballr4567
I think the main problem is the traffic and amount of vehicles this site is based on. GTOs, Corvettes, TBSS, 4th gens and so on. There is just TOO much to have the classified designed this way.
i cant wait till craigslist decides to follow suit and combine all their **** into one forsale section with a search function. only genius would disorganize that much **** and hope that it would work.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I can understand that you all have a negative opinion of it now based on this. However, it's simply not the case on every other automotive site we're using it on. The main difference, the other sites are utilizing the features, where people here are still posting 10 items in a thread. The system is simply not designed to work that way. I don't know how much more clear I can make this.
How much more clear can we make it that your current system does not work?

What other automotive forums are you comparing this to? I'd love to hear this... please post links also as I would love to check them out and then based on the comparison maybe I can enlighten you on the difference.

cheers,
robb
I think I deal with similar situations.. My boss, a female that is a numbers person... knows nothing technical or mechanical. So if like a major problem happens with a machine here I need all the info gathered, who, what where, when and why it happened...then I need to translate it from my normal language into a language that she can understand. Its a pain in the ***.

You have someone (IB and yourself) that knows nothing of the specifics of all the parts, what vehicles, what parts are compatible with LS1 based cars and you guys are trying to redesign the system? Seriously how do you expect any results that would be positive? My grandma can not operate a VCR or even knows what a DVD player is. Would you let her bust out the lap top and tune a high dollar turbo car or something like that? Have her change a bunch of stuff and tell you that theres no way to change it back... and she wants you to get it to work with the parameters SHE made up?? This is your (IB's) logic.

NOT POSSIBLE. Not because its an unliked idea... but simply because there is ZERO logic behind any of it.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^I agree, but IB runs the **** and what they say goes. Cant convince them to do right so at least try to help the guy help us.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

well luckily this isnt china and we have the freedom to go to a different forum. i've added three to my list already.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I like how they say they "cant change it back" when its "wont change it back.

Why not? Just because? I tell my kid because when I feel lazy and dont want him to do something because I dont feel like helping him do it.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

RE: Classifieds
I just spent 30 mins trying to add and format an add for a few items I had for sale. When it was time to preview my ad it gave me an "Invalid Price Format" message and when I hit the back button to edit the error, my ad was gone, 30 minutes wasted down the drain. Easier to use eBay, IMHO.

Please bring back the old classifieds! Thanks MODS.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by bballr4567
This is possible, but I do believe that with proper set up, taking all the different makes & models into account, this system can filter between any and all of these.

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
What other automotive forums are you comparing this to?
ford-trucks.com
6speedonline.com
acurazine.com
Old 05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ford-trucks.com
6speedonline.com
acurazine.com

6speedonline.com
- all the parts seem to be for the same stuff. On this site you took a section like that and then put other stuff in it... I also dont see how it is even close to the same as this.

ford-trucks.com - on the first page there is posts from 5-23 .... no comparison. Too much traffic here .... none there to even compare. theres more posts in this section than on their classifieds.

acurazine.com - totally different design... each model acura has its own forum.

On this site you have every vehicle imaginable with LS1 based engines in them... from camaros, corvettes, firebirds, cadilacs, mustangs, mazdas, boats, and even airplanes. Now all those people with other cars sell parts on here as well... then there are those looking for LS1 parts and stuff related. You have too much going on to have all that in one section. Those other sites move way too slow to compare. I want to browse all the LS1 related stuff and not have to sift through garbage thats not related.
I DONT SEARCH FOR ANYTHING .. just like others.. we browse.
And its called "LS1tech" so we shouldnt have to look through a bunch of LT1 stuff or old big block or ford parts.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
IB Staff

I am not sure you explored AcuraZine enough. While there are different forums for each model, there is only 1 classified section for all of them. Much like what we have here.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

And its just as cluttered as it is here! The clutter is what annoys everybody the most.

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!