User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Complete BS. You called IB f*** face and you were only banned 3 days. No need for a warning, I back up the Mod that handled this 100%.

~ Craig
you know whats complete BS is how IB is handling the classified adds. IB is handling this like the BP oil spill.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Complete BS. You called IB f*** face and you were only banned 3 days. No need for a warning, I back up the Mod that handled this 100%.

~ Craig
My turn to call BS. I was banned in May, and I was banned up until the 5th, or maybe it was the 10th. Either ways, it was longer than 3 days, the ban said I had previous warnings, never received one, I didn't directly say IB is a f*** face as well. But really I'm not here to pick fights with an admin on a site I'm barely ever on anymore, so I'd prefer to be more mature than I was previously and will keep my language in check.

Originally Posted by rons 00z
you know whats complete BS is how IB is handling the classified adds. IB is handling this like the BP oil spill.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss1129
We had a poll and they took it down. Chickenshits.
You just called me a chickenshit. We'll pick up on that in a second.

I locked that thread, which was never taken down and is still up on the 3rd page, because people were asking IB Adrian redundant questions and complaining when they weren't answered. However, the discussion and answers were being made in this thread. So, the 11-page poll thread was locked, as I explained at that time, because of that reason. We don't need more than one active thread about anything in any forum.

So, after consideration, since you called me a chickenshit and not IB, and since I'm not offended, I've decided I shall not ban you.

But, I do banish you. You cannot post in this thread again, even in reply to this message (but, you can PM me about it if you want). I've PM'ed you this warning as well.

You have spoken you piece. And then some. And then a lot, lot, lot more.

Oh, and eLiT3SnIpEz, 7 day ban for being a troll. This comes after my 3-day ban (not 2-week). If you have an issue with that, PM me.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

~ Craig
I'm not siding with that guy at all, but why dont you back the request to fix the classified section? Its still a cluster. Either close this thread and tell the thousands of us that hate it to love it or leave it... or do something about it. Quit leaving everyone hang here for ever.
Lol.....
IB is handling this like the BP oil spill
THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!! HAHAHAHA! So true!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
I'm not siding with that guy at all, but why dont you back the request to fix the classified section? Its still a cluster. Either close this thread and tell the thousands of us that hate it to love it or leave it... or do something about it. Quit leaving everyone hang here for ever.
Lol.....
You don't know whether CRAGER backs that change or not. CRAGER and I both might be constantly telling IB to change the forums back. Or, we might be telling them it's great and to leave it the new way.

This is a thread exists for the same reason it was started: to provide IB with feedback about the not-so-new classifieds section.

IB has, on multiple occasions, answered definitively that they will not change it back. They've also answered why (which I'll not paraphrase) in this thread. So, there's nothing to hang about.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
You don't know whether CRAGER backs that change or not. CRAGER and I both might be constantly telling IB to change the forums back. Or, we might be telling them it's great and to leave it the new way.

This is a thread exists for the same reason it was started: to provide IB with feedback about the not-so-new classifieds section.

IB has, on multiple occasions, answered definitively that they will not change it back. They've also answered why (which I'll not paraphrase) in this thread. So, there's nothing to hang about.
So then, why is nothing being done to correct the search function in the new classified? As I stated before, the new classified section would be just fine if you could actually search for something and get at least ONE hit on your search. I already read that the old classified section is not coming back, but why ignore the problems with the new one?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

feedback is meaningless if everyone says the new forum isnt worth a **** yet it still sticks around.....seriously anyone here that actually owns a successful business should at least have the common sense if your customers are not happy with the changes you either go with what works or fix what you changed.....in this case fixing it goes back to what works and thats the old forum. to ignore that is ignorant, i"m almost positive any moderator of that forum doesnt like the lay out either. i base that theory off of lack of moderation there now and the fact thats is such a cluster **** theres no way they can moderate it in a organized manor.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
So then, why is nothing being done to correct the search function in the new classified? As I stated before, the new classified section would be just fine if you could actually search for something and get at least ONE hit on your search. I already read that the old classified section is not coming back, but why ignore the problems with the new one?
I'm not going to look back through the thread, but IB has stated in here that the search function is of high priority. That's been quite some time ago. It's time for an update, I agree. I'll PM IB again and point out that there has been no reply by them in this thread for an extended period.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:38 AM
IB Staff

Guys, the search feature won't improve until you all help ME to fix it.

I've asked MANY times in this thread for help setting up the categories and things so that they are perfect for LS1Tech.

I have offered my help before, i am here, offering it again to sort out the search issues, but if nobody is going to work with me, I can not do it alone, I am not familiar enough with the LS1 engine and vehicles it comes in.

cheers,
robb

Last edited by Robb M.; 06-23-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:49 AM
IB Staff

Can you guys tell me if the LS1, and Non-LS1 parts forum links are showing correct results now?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

no the two links dont work it comes up with different parts but all seem to be ls stuff besides a few lt parts mixed in here and there and how the hell do i unhide the search box?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Bearcatt, you've proven that you cannot post with maturity in this thread. Robb can read your last post. If he takes offense to your cutesy little name play, he can take further action if he wishes.

Do not post in here again. You've made your point over the course of probably more than a dozen posts in here. You will be PM'ed this post as well.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I respect the mods and would never name call on here. I know several of the mods are just as fed up with this new classified section as we are but damn! It is so horrible I literally check LS1TECH about 1/4th as often as I used to so I know everyone else does the same. How is this benefitting the members at all? I welcome IB or any mod to explain to us how this change has been beneficial to anyone other than the owners who pimp the site out to ebay, cars.com and any number of other vendors. I honestly don't mean to stir the pot, I have read each and every post in this thread and still don't understand how the change has benefitted anyone other than the owners.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robb M.

I've asked MANY times in this thread for help setting up the categories and things so that they are perfect for LS1Tech.

I have offered my help before, i am here, offering it again to sort out the search issues, but if nobody is going to work with me, I can not do it alone, I am not familiar enough with the LS1 engine and vehicles it comes in.

cheers,
robb
robb the problem like previously stated is the vast diversity of all the parts. it's hard to search certain things for many of reasons which is unfortunately why this will not work with the ofr sale section. improving the search function for the rest of the forum i'm all for and that would work however they classified section is way to consolidated and nobody is even using it properly. if your users are not going along with it you cant force them to figure it out because people will just leave to something easier.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

I know this is counter productive to the "fix the search" campaign but Robb have you run the idea past your superiors to just restart a classifieds with the previous format?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

tell you what robb find me a turbo for a ls motor. i put turbo into key word and put all threads NA for everything to get the widest search aperture and guess what i got....a bunch of bullshit.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

cheers,
robb
Make seperate sections like it was before. If you dont know how to do it, look at how it was before. Its not difficult. Or catagories... make the catagories like the old sections.... it was perfect. Thats all you need to know. Trying to learn all of it and find out what goes where without any knowledge would take forever. There are thousands of parts, some can go on LS1 cars and others and some are specific. No ones going to make a list for you.... that would take forever also.

Last edited by pwrtrip75; 06-24-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Okay, tiptoeing on eggshells here...

I get that the new search feature is broken. I'm having the same problem that others are, namely that I didn't get any search results.

What I don't get is why so many people are DEMANDING that an extraneous feature work perfectly on a FREE FORUM. Most boards I'm on charge to post in the classifieds.

Yes, I called it an extraneous feature. You can still go onto the main classifieds board and use the "search this forum" button up on the top right. Just like searching any other forum. I've never had ANY problem searching the classifieds that way.

IMO, YMMV, $0.02 USD, etc

Oh, and my actual contribution to this thread: is there a way to go back and look at how the classifieds were set up before? I'm not sure that just saying "go back and look at it" is gonna help Robb out any.

-Jono (really tempted to make a comment about sand and female genitalia, but also hearing the mods loud and clear regarding language and maturity)

Last edited by jsbach1982; 06-24-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: actually contributing to thread
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
make the catagories like the old sections
I have to laugh at this. I've been asking for help to do this for the past 2 months, and I have yet to get the assistance I need.

You can all CLEARLY see what the current category & parts fits options/choices are. I have even posted screenshots of the backend, to give you a better idea of what we can change. If the current selections are incorrect, all you need to do is tell me what to replace them with, and I will do it.

You are all content to keep demanding we switch it back, yet not a single person has offered anything constructive in terms of fixing what we have. I am not making any further changes without a little direction from all of you 'experts'.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have to laugh at this. I've been asking for help to do this for the past 2 months, and I have yet to get the assistance I need.

You can all CLEARLY see what the current category & parts fits options/choices are. I have even posted screenshots of the backend, to give you a better idea of what we can change. If the current selections are incorrect, all you need to do is tell me what to replace them with, and I will do it.

You are all content to keep demanding we switch it back, yet not a single person has offered anything constructive in terms of fixing what we have. I am not making any further changes without a little direction from all of you 'experts'.
are you ignoring everything? seriously you saying that is ******* offensive. i will cut and past every solution i have mentioned. you people refuse to actually try to organize anything. i guess them putting a computer nerd that doesnt know **** about cars would explain on how you wouldnt know what to do however it doesnt explain why you refuse to organize anything and want to keep all adds in a giant cluster **** section that we have search through.....which doesnt work, you would know that if you even just tired to search for a turbo on that POS system there is now.

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!