Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $5000
Mileage: 60000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I bought a 98 Camaro Z28 with 60K miles in Sept. of 2009. The car had a rear mount STS turbo kit, and a poor tune which ended in both head gaskets blown, and after the removal and teardown of the engine, 3 pistons had ring lands cracked. I was a Wyotech student at the time, so all the best resources were available to me for the project. The block was completely checked and all proper machining required for a rebuild was performed, as were the factory heads and crank. The internals are entirely factory.

All main/head bolts were replaced, as they are TTY bolts, and the engine has all brand new gaskets and seals from TSP, along with ARP rod bolts. Cleavite bearings for the rods and crank. New factory injectors were installed and the bigger ones removed. The engine and full K member is reinstalled into the car at this time and the car is mobile. The previous owner rebuilt the 4L60E trans and added a shift kit, which shifts great and smooth. They also rebuilt the rear end to include 3.73 gears, which is a great baseline for a fast car. The long tube headers that I bought are already installed on the motor. I also have a pacesetter ORY and SLP LM that is not yet on the car. The car comes with a K&N intake also, and the factory TB is slightly smoothed for improved flow. The PCM was sent off to Frost Tuning (shoutout) which specializes in LS tuning. The boost tune was deleted and a new tune for full exhaust and the other bolt on mods was installed, fuel/air adjusted accordingly. The EGR and rear O2s were also deleted. The A/C was also not reinstalled on the car.

Cosmetically, I rate the car an 8 out of 10. It is black, with black taillight covers, and a black, very mean looking custom fiberglass hood that I’d never seen before I got the car. Whoever had painted the hood before used paint and the hood will need repainted eventually. The previous owner informed me that he scraped a guard rail at about 15 mph in a parking lot, and the passenger fender was replaced and painted, but not buffed to a gloss yet so that will need done. The car has C5 Z06 chrome wheels, with some slight inner pitting, but nothing noticeable. The rears are 10.5 18s and 17s up front with good tires all the way around. The rear tires are different, although I don’t know why, and I also have a 3rd tire for the rear that will go with the car. The interior is IMMACULATE, cloth interior, with no known rips or tears. The car has t-tops, and both tops function, do not leak, and are in great condition. The body or underbody of the car has NO rust, as the car has been garaged the entire time it’s been out of commission.

The car still needs various minor things. If someone had a solid 30 hours, and approx. $800 to put in it, it would be road worthy. Things that I know need replaced are- drivers caliper, all 4 rotors due to surface rust, a few various body bolts due to misplacement of them. The good thing is I still have a least one of everything, so you can get matching bolts from a hardware store, or order them through a dealer whichever you prefer. The sway bar bolts and 2 caliper bolts are just a couple that I can name off the tope of my head. The harmonic balancer will need removed and replaced, as it has a small chip on the face of it. It is a factory balancer. Other than small tedious things, I have ALL parts for the car, and most are already installed. The custom port in the oil pan feeding the oil pump for the turbo will also need a threaded plug with some Teflon tape to plug it off. As I said this car isn’t far from being road worthy, I just do not have the extra time to finish it. I work full time, am a part time police officer, volunteer firefighter on 2 departments, finishing my degree, have a house and a 10-month-old daughter that consume 100 % of my time.

I currently do not have the car titled in my name, due to not being able to take it to the DMV for an OOS inspection, which in Ohio only consists of them visually looking at the OD and VIN. I also currently owe approx $5k on the car. If the buyer wanted the car title to be transferred to their name, it would cost me approx $650 to achieve that. I am NOT looking to get what I owe on the car if the buyer does not want the title. If they simply want to buy the car outright as a roller and no title, the price would be quite a bit lower. I have pics of the rebuild, and many of the car itself if anyone is interested. As I said before, I just don’t have time to finish it, and am taking a huge loss financially on it, but I need the vehicle out of my garage ASAP. All offers are welcome and considered, but don’t offer me $1000 because you’d be wasting both of our times. If you would like more pics, inbox me your cell number and I’d be happy to send them. Thanks for reading and I hope to find someone here who this car would be perfect for. Have a good day everyone!
Attached Thumbnails 98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***-car1.jpg   98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***-car2.jpg   98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***-car3.jpg   98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***-finished-engine.jpg   98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***-originial-engine.jpg  

Old 08-05-2012, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Do you have the turbo kit?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Teching In

No, the turbo kit was sold to fund the rebuild, sorry
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Teching In

To the top
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Bump it
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Taking all offers at this time, I just listed the car at $5k, but I am considering offers also!!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Ok, if I get no offers before Friday, I will begin parting the car out. I hate to do that as close to the car is to running, but I need this payment gone!! The car has everything, and is missing nothing, so if you have a part you want, inbox me and I'll give you the price and shipping. One good positive to parts buyers, I work at fedex, so the parts will be shipped very quickly since they will be taken to the terminal the next day by me!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Bump it
Old 08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM me options on getting the title transferred to the buyers name and the price of which you would sell outright.

Besides the brake issue, is the car driveable right now? If not, will it at least turn over and run?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Bump it
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
PM me options on getting the title transferred to the buyers name and the price of which you would sell outright.

Besides the brake issue, is the car driveable right now? If not, will it at least turn over and run?
im wondering the same.. pm me please, im a couple hours away
Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Bump it
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not quite what we're looking for... Free bump though.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Bump it, no current offers
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM

would u sell the sts cover that replaces the slp air box,if so how much??
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Teching In

is this car still available, where ya located in ohio? shoot me a pm with details im very interested
Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Bump, price now substantially lower due to a large payment made on the loan, pm me with an offer. Just need to sell ASAP!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Bump to the top, will take $2k for the car with no title. The wheels and tires will go for $800 alone so this is a great deal!! Pm me with questions. Thanks
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can you PM me with more pics of interior, exterior and engine bay? what is the VIN # also. thanks

Quick Reply: 98 Z28 60K miles Z06 wheels project finisher almost done!! ***SOLD***