Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam

im looking to trade my 98 trans am for a stock or tastefully modded ls1 camaro or trans am but open to others as well. im looking to trade cause im leaving for school and i cant really keep a cammed car as my only car. the car itself made 381 RWHP at straightline performance who is a sponsor on here. this was done with a bad clutch so im sure itll put down a little more.

for starts the car is fully loaded, t-tops, 10 disc (not in car but included), manual 6 speed, and has 72xxx miles.

the car has the following things replaced...
-all new brakes
-k&n air filter
-new rear end fluid and gasket
-new oil and filter
-new trans fluid
-new bosch 13111 o2 sensors
-new shocks
-new idler pulley
-new sony head unit with ipod conector
- new kicker speakers in doors and polk in the trunk

the following performance upgrads have been added as well...
at 65,000 when i first purchased the car
-hooker long tube ceramic coated headers
-hooker off road y-pipe
-magnaflow catback
-fast toys lid
-slp mass airflow sensor
-strut tower brace
-RAM master cylinder

at 70,000 miles the following was done by Straightline out of new lenox in IL, they are a sponsor on here as well and i have all the receipts and dyno print outs. The car was also tuned while there as well.

-custom grind comp cam 232/238 602./.609 @112
-comp R lifters
-trick flow hardened pushrods
-dual titanium springs
-ported ls6 oil pump
-c5r timing chain
-new head gaskets
-new head bolts
-all new gaskets on top end

the total just from this was over $2200.00

just recently i put in a new ls7 clutch, new pilot bearing, and a new slave cylinder. The windows were also tinted out, 5% on the back and 15% on the sides.

the car was in a minor "accident" just a hitch that put a hole in the bumper. I have replaced the front bumper and it is awaiting to be painted when i get back from vacation. The VFN hood pictured is still in gelcoat, it is NOT INCLUDED however if the right offer comes i will throw it in to seal the deal.

i will have the front bumper and headlights painted before the car is traded. and since i have to put a price to post ill say $9900 takes it but id prefer a trade. any questions email me or pm me and i can give you my number, thanks.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

i forgot to also mention the wheels are stock, they are painted but in good condition, the car has the CETA mod done as you can see in the pictures, and the interior is CLEAN, almost spotless, i dont have any pictures now but i can get them upon request. thanks
Attached Thumbnails WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam-6336_137739877032_521317032_3048109_449260_n.jpg   WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam-dfjadslkjflsa.jpg   WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam-dsfjldskjfkls.jpg   WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam-dsijfasd.jpg   WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam-get-attachment.aspx.jpg  

WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam-ljdsfljas.jpg   WTT 98 Trans am low miles, bolt ons, and cam-n521317032_3048110_5275510.jpg  
Old 08-04-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

morning bump, all pms replied
Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Interest in a 98 Kenne Bell Cobra? Great DD gets 25mpg mixed city/highway driving.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

im looking for something with lower mileage, give me more info..... hows the paint? any accidents? was the bottom end of the motor rebuilt? tranny? ect?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Paint I would say 7-8/10; It really needs a good buffing and then waxing, last owner didn't do much in the upkeep other than washing but with a good buffing it would be a 8-9/10, i got quoted by my favorite body guy to do paint correction on it which I plan on having done.

Accidents; only one in the life of the car, that was the previous owner trying to teach his wife to drive a 5 speed which ended up having the side scrapped behind the drivers door. Not really bad, he had the dent popped out and buffed the spot, not badly noticeable.

Bottom end was not rebuilt, taking the heads off to send to MMR revealed a clean pistons and walls, looked great; car never had leaked or burned oil so the motor didn't need any freshening up (compression showed 180+ on all cylinders as well).

Tranny is the stock T-45 5 speed; no problems only thing added was the Steeda shifter, no problems with popping out of gear or anything of that nature.

Rear end is stock and stock 3:27 gearing, fluids been changed regularly no issues, car launches hard; no noises back there (stock gear is great on gas mileage)
Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

ok... let me see what other offers come, again looking for something with lower miles but ive thought hard on this one, its a nice car but ill let you know by the end of the week.... bump
Old 08-07-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

bump..TTT