Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

Gold Firebird Formula Possibly FS

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008 | 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Default Sport Gold Metallic Formula Possibly FS

I really do not want to sell this car except for the fact I have found my dream fbody on this site , so that being said this will be avaliable as long as the other car is, if the other car sells first this will be deleted

Details-

LS1 for those of you who arent familiar with Formulas

1998 Sport Gold Metallic Firebird Formula, 1 of 60 made in this color (1998 only color)

Car is a late 1997 production car

The car has 75,xxx miles on it

Clean car fax, Clean title, no accidents , no body work, no paint work, no rust, no dents, no dings, the front plate cover is the factory gold one that the previous owner had painted black (I wouldnt have!)

Paint is about a solid 8.5 on a scale of 10, very minor imperfections, front bumper has 2 spots about the size of a dime where the clear coat has peeled, otherwise it shines like new, the car does NOT have sail panel bubbles like alot of fbodies do

Car is an A4, 2.73 (working posi) grey cloth interior (had seat covers since new, seats are near perfect), rest of interior is near mint, no flaws to note, new tires front and rear, very dark (5% I think) tint both side windows and rear window, very nice shape, no bubbling or peeling

Options- T-tops (w t-top covers), traction control, pwr drivers seat, single cd Monsoon, pwr mirrors, pwr windows, rear defrost

Mods- (All emissions including EGR are untouched), SLP lid, 160 hypertech stat (new water pump), MAC y pipe with high flow cats, Hooker aerochamber exhaust, 3500 Yank stall, tranny is a stage 2 rebuild with a shift kit and has aprox 15k on rebuild

Car has been to the track maybe 4 times -
Ran a 12.7 @ 111mph with the current mods

Since I have had the car I have-

Replaced both front door speakers and both b pillar speakers with correct Monsoon speakers (old ones were blown in the front and aftermarket replacement in the rear) in proper working order, obtained a nice shape drivers door panel and installed it (old one was cracked), replaced power window switches (both windows functioning perfectly), replaced door handle bezel (old one cracked), replaced pwr antenna motor (old one broke), replaced tail light center section with a new GM piece (old ones logo was faded), it has a new GM piece it is not a cheap sticker, replacement MAF (old one was descreened) I detailed the car from top to bottom with the exception of underhood, a bunch of minor details, bulbs, keyless fob, wiper blades ect ect I purchased a new O2 sensor for it but have not installed it yet, it is throwing a SES for drivers side bank, it also comes with 6 quarts of Pennzoil Platnium and a K&N filter (was waiting for spring to change)

The car runs and drives nice, it idles smoothly and has a nice rumble to the exhaust that is not overbearing, good oil pressure, does not overheat, Headlight motors work perfectly with no weird noises, ect ect , the car is currently off the road for winter and has not seen salt/is stored indoors

If it does not sell quickly I am keeping it and doing heads/cam over the summer

Asking $7,000 firm and is located 20 miles south of Buffalo NY

NOTE PICS WERE TAKEN BEFORE I DETAILED IT, TOO MUCH SNOW ON THE GROUND NOW TO GET IT OUT AND TAKE CURRENT PICS, ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE SIDE MOLDING IS NOW DELETED BUT WILL COME WITH CAR IF THE BUYER DESIRES

Last edited by 98LS1Formula; 02-26-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2008 | 07:25 AM
Teching In

This might be just what I am looking for. Were the track passes on street tires? Also, Would you be able to meet up anywhere? I am in Georgia BTW. Stock headers?
Old 02-27-2008 | 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red99SVT
This might be just what I am looking for. Were the track passes on street tires? Also, Would you be able to meet up anywhere? I am in Georgia BTW. Stock headers?

Track passes were on street tires, the car has stock exhaust manifolds, sorry as far as meeting up I have it off the road due to winter right now and I dont have any time off at work.....................
Old 02-27-2008 | 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

was this the one you just bought?
Old 02-27-2008 | 01:28 PM
Teching In

I hear you. I looked and saw where you gave $4400 for the car like a month ago or so, right? Did you do all the mods after that or were they already done?
Old 02-27-2008 | 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks and sounds like a nice car.. and rare.. Why wouldn't you just hold on to it and slowly mod it?

IMHO I would reverse the plate filler paint scheme, gold out the rear center tail light panel emblems, get a WS6 hood or superhawk and throw some black blackbird stripes on it.. Then it'd look sick
Old 02-27-2008 | 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

I hear you. I looked and saw where you gave $4400 for the car like a month ago or so, right? Did you do all the mods after that or were they already done?
I picked this car up back in December for a good price but I also spent $600+ to have it transported from Deleware/Maryland to here and have since put aprox another $800 into it, mainly wear and tear items, speakers, interior stuff ect like I said it needs nothing now except the O2 sensor replaced which I am including and a new owner! the stall was added by previous owner and has the same amount of miles on it that the tranny rebuild does, the exhaust has aprox 10k miles on it, I put the Slp lid on it

It also has a new battery and serpentine belt

I am the 3rd owner of the car and it was kept garaged by the first owner and under a car port by the second, its from an area where road salt/excessive snow is not a concern

Theres tons of room to pick up HP cheaply, it has all emissions still, air pump, cats, egr ect, the pcm is running a stock tune, the track passes were on street tires and it had a 2.0 60' time ect ect

It should be pretty easy with a few free mods and sticky tires to click off a low 12 second pass

Like I said I dont really want to sell it but I would love to pick up the Purple Formula in IL but I need to sell this one to make that a possibility

If I keep it, its getting heads/cam/headers/supporting mods/ws6 hood and I will probably remove the front filler plate and replace it with a clear one since here in NY we are required to have front plates

Last edited by 98LS1Formula; 02-27-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-27-2008 | 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98LS1Formula
I picked this car up back in December for a good price but I also spent $600+ to have it transported from Deleware/Maryland to here and have since put aprox another $800 into it, the stall was added by previous owner and has the same amount of miles on it that the tranny rebuild does

I am the 3rd owner of the car and it was kept garaged by the first owner and under a car port by the second, its from an area where road salt/excessive snow is not a concern

Like I said I dont really want to sell it but I would love to pick up the Purple Formula in IL but I need to sell this one to make that a possibility

If I keep it, its getting heads/cam/headers/supporting mods/ws6 hood and I will probably remove the front filler plate and replace it with a clear one since here in NY we are required to have front plates
Good deal. If you decide to move on the price PM me and I might send someone up to get it.
Old 02-27-2008 | 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Good deal. If you decide to move on the price PM me and I might send someone up to get it.
I am always open to offers, worst I can say is no
Old 02-28-2008 | 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Going to pull the car off the market on March 4th if theres no interest by then
Old 02-28-2008 | 07:39 PM
Teching In

Hello,my car is currently for sale and if it sells ill be up to buy your car asap!
Old 02-28-2008 | 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tim1970
Hello,my car is currently for sale and if it sells ill be up to buy your car asap!
keep me posted!
Old 02-29-2008 | 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

4 days until I pull it off the block
Old 03-01-2008 | 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

3 days left
Old 03-02-2008 | 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

2 days until I am pulling her off the for sale block

Make an offer!
Old 03-03-2008 | 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Last Day! Tomorrow I Delete This Post!
Old 03-04-2008 | 01:36 AM
11 Second Club

12 more hours and I am keeping it
Old 03-05-2008 | 02:16 PM
Teching In

LOL i dont think you would consider a trade for a nice third gen and some $
Old 03-05-2008 | 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tim1970
LOL i dont think you would consider a trade for a nice third gen and some $
I already have a mint 84 Z28, thanks though, I am waiting on one guy who says hes interested, short of that I am just going to keep it
Old 03-06-2008 | 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW... I love the color and I have a thing for gold for sure. If my LX coupe was sold we'd be talking. GL with the sale!

Quick Reply: Gold Firebird Formula Possibly FS