Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Who's Hiring? Back on topic

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who's Hiring? Back on topic

I think it's a helpful thread. I'll delete it myself if people start arguing about off topic ****. People need to help one another in times like this.

High school and GED level:

http://careers.davita.com/DaVitaPage...ld%3d200000002

Search for Patient Care Technicians. Always a need, always a job, the dialysis population will continue to grow and Medicare is the primary payor for services. Some shifts are 3x12, so tough it out and get 4 days off or look at supplementing with another job.

I have to take my kid to school, so I'll add more when I get back.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Here alot of you guys have mechanical capabilities i work for Caltrans as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic and down south they are always trying to fill spots. Despite our governors plot to remove a couple of days a month its still a great job use those days for working on other things and sounds of doubt it will happen to public safety we will see. They also have a mechanic apprenticeship program and they pay to teach you i didnt see it posted but keep your eyes open

http://jobs.spb.ca.gov/openxrd.cfm?exc=1TREZ
Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last time I heard, Dish Network was hiring for Installers, they train you and pay was supposed to be in the $16-$18 dollar range....

I just heard this last week....
Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

ill tel you what sucks (may be off topic), yahoo hot jobs. i thought it would be easy to apply to a bunch of jobs at once, but instead all the companies on there just provide links to their websites, where you have to fill out a huge application and background questionnaire. very annoying to do that a dozen times

end rant
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

This is a great thread, and may prove to be a helpful service to our fellow members. I would also add that if you can at all swing it, go take classes at your community college. It will, if nothing else, keep your mind sharp, and through educational exploration and networking on campus, may land you a desirable job.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Thanx for the new thread, i thankfully still got a job, looking for my pops and bro...At the moment i am now the only one working in the household so i gotta step up and handle...kind of stressfull to tell you the truth, but its all good as long as im on that grind...
Old 01-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

if your looking for a job, www.voughtaircraft.com i just got a job here and its looks to be a really good company to work for. Here are all the jobs in ca, https://jobs-voughtaircraft.icims.co...s=5&searchZip= ,they are going to be hiring alot of people from what my managers have been telling me. if you have no experience in aircraft industry go for the a/c struct trainee postion. page 2.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Thanks much for the restart thread. My job is circling the drain, and i gotta get another one.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Same industry as I posted above, different company:

http://fresenius.hodesiq.com/job_start.asp

Think of it as a stepping stone to something better. Many of these companies have programs to allow you to go into nursing. I know, "nursing" for girls, right? Wrong, pay is in excess of $30/hr. and imagine being a man in a female dominated profession? Yes, that's a benefit.

$30/hr is in excess of $60k/yr., plus oftentimes you will get a signing bonus and retention bonuses. Since you work 3 12hr shifts, you can moonlight elsewhere and make in excess of $100k. And you're in such high demand, it's very unlikely you'll be out of a job during an economic downturn such as this. Still think it's for girls?

I'll post more after the games.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how about a govt job. homeland security,post office,etc? i would say join the military but i dont wanna get flamed like that last thread. and the military isnt for everyone trust me.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsteele90
how about a govt job. homeland security,post office,etc? i would say join the military but i dont wanna get flamed like that last thread. and the military isnt for everyone trust me.
i was just going to say a Govt job is a good way to go. There is great job security and everyone is predicting that there will be lots more Govt jobs in the future.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Teching In

edjoin.org its a really good website that shows what local school districts are hiring...good for college students..alot of jobs are normally 12$/hr for tutoring...they also post jobs for janitors and stuff like that..
Old 01-10-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe NineFinger can post info on trucking. Don't know how that industry is doing now, maybe he can shed light, post up some good companies to get your foot in the door, training, etc.

From trucking you can look at vac truck operators. Some companies train, I think the pay is around $15/hr. Some drivers in Bako are making around $20/hr., depending on the industry.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm in need to add to my staff.

If you have qualifications PM me with your resume and salary reqiurements

Openings:
Chassis fabricator - certified welder or capable thereof
Machinist trainee - machining background, better auto machining experience
Installation Tech - three to five years experience

Thanks,
Old 01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Maybe NineFinger can post info on trucking. Don't know how that industry is doing now, maybe he can shed light, post up some good companies to get your foot in the door, training, etc.

From trucking you can look at vac truck operators. Some companies train, I think the pay is around $15/hr. Some drivers in Bako are making around $20/hr., depending on the industry.
Im an owner operator, in other words i own my own rig. Right now the trucking industry is slow, they say it wont pick back up till 2010. I went from working 60+ hrs a week at 45$ and hr a year ago, now im only getting barely 40hrs and less pay due to pay cuts...
Old 01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

I think it's a helpful thread. I'll delete it myself if people start arguing about off topic ****. People need to help one another in times like this.

High school and GED level:

http://careers.davita.com/DaVitaPage...ld%3d200000002

Search for Patient Care Technicians. Always a need, always a job, the dialysis population will continue to grow and Medicare is the primary payor for services. Some shifts are 3x12, so tough it out and get 4 days off or look at supplementing with another job.

I have to take my kid to school, so I'll add more when I get back.
How hard is it to get into something like this with no experience? If there was an entry level type position, what would they start at? I notice that most of the listings call for experience.

Ryph
Old 01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Junior High Director

Instead of using several different job search site, there is one that searches ALL of them - http://www.indeed.com/

That should make things a bit easier...
Old 01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Junior High Director

I also want to add that if I see any inkling of this thread going the way of the other one I will lock it up immediately. If I see anyone saying anything disparaging about members of our armed services I will also lock it down...
Old 01-11-2009, 08:07 PM
8 Second Club

I was just recently let go myself from a company that I was with 4 a year and a half due 2 them closing 3 out of 4 terminals ( keepping the 1 in New Jesery ) and cutting all of the Cali. based solo Owner Op.'s...So I was out of work 4 about 2 weeks in search or another and I found a company based out of So Ca. and they actually pay more than were I was @...I start there this week...There are still company's hiring and training people aswell...
Old 01-11-2009, 08:10 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04cobra13
Im an owner operator, in other words i own my own rig. Right now the trucking industry is slow, they say it wont pick back up till 2010. I went from working 60+ hrs a week at 45$ and hr a year ago, now im only getting barely 40hrs and less pay due to pay cuts...
Where are you a Owner Op. from meaning what company???

Quick Reply: Who's Hiring? Back on topic