Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Performance shops in Co?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010 | 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Default Performance shops in Co?

Hey all I'm trying to get some work done to my Z28 and currently live in Colorado Springs. I am having a hard time finding a performance shop that knows what they are doing when it comes to F-bodys/Ls1's. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am willing to drive to the denver/pueblo area for a good shop. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-27-2010 | 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

RMCR is in the springs. But they are fkn expensive and dicks. What work are you looking to get done?
Old 02-27-2010 | 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BGMZ28
Hey all I'm trying to get some work done to my Z28 and currently live in Colorado Springs. I am having a hard time finding a performance shop that knows what they are doing when it comes to F-bodys/Ls1's. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am willing to drive to the denver/pueblo area for a good shop. Thanks for any help.

ive heard of RMCR, and dragon race engineering.. if i were you i would make a trip to Texas Speed. its only a couple hours away, but they are a big time performance shop and a sponsor on here. i havent heard too many great things from any of these performance shops in colorado.
Old 02-28-2010 | 05:14 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help. Right now I'm just looking to get small things done, like weld in SFC's and a catback put on. But I would like to build a repor with a shop so I can take back when it comes time for other mods. But sounds like I might have to make a drive for that. Sounds like one of those shops will work for the small stuff but when it comes time for more in depth mods I prolly will make the drive to Texas speed. Thanks again
Old 02-28-2010 | 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BGMZ28
Thanks for the help. Right now I'm just looking to get small things done, like weld in SFC's and a catback put on. But I would like to build a repor with a shop so I can take back when it comes time for other mods. But sounds like I might have to make a drive for that. Sounds like one of those shops will work for the small stuff but when it comes time for more in depth mods I prolly will make the drive to Texas speed. Thanks again
yeah, if i were you, i would try to see if there is anybody in your area that has knowledge to help you with the small stuff. but i would definitely just save yourself the headache and drama and just make the drive to TSP.
Old 03-01-2010 | 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any old exhaust shop can take care of the SFCs and catback.
Old 03-01-2010 | 07:38 PM
On The Tree

**** bud same here. im in castle rock and cant find a shop to do diamond bore with a torque plate. just crazy.
being a texan stuck in co.{wife} it aint as if we have a reliable honest performance shop around the corner.
wanting to do a 408 stroker in my 1500, i almost feel like the lone ranger!
if you hear of a reputable shop please let me know

and thanks maybe someone on this forum will show me the way

i go from castle rock to gunnison to grand junction
Old 03-01-2010 | 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redsilv

**** bud same here. im in castle rock and cant find a shop to do diamond bore with a torque plate. just crazy.
being a texan stuck in co.{wife} it aint as if we have a reliable honest performance shop around the corner.
wanting to do a 408 stroker in my 1500, i almost feel like the lone ranger!
if you hear of a reputable shop please let me know

and thanks maybe someone on this forum will show me the way

i go from castle rock to gunnison to grand junction
notice how nobody really has suggested any shops in colorado? either 1 there arent any, and 2 alot of shady work.. save yourself the hassle and just make the trip to TSP...from where i am, i would make that 11 hr trip to Texas Speed, or a 13 hour trip to Speed Inc..
Old 03-02-2010 | 05:39 PM
Launching!

I live here in morrison, co and i havent heard of any good shops around... i am looking for a tuner and have yet to find anyone besides Mac autosports or finish line performance... I dont think i wanna take my car to either one of those.

Anyone know of any good tuners in Colorado?????

Sorry to high jack the thread a little bit
Old 03-02-2010 | 10:23 PM
Teching In

I have had all of the work on my TA done by RMCR. They're not too expensive if you look at how much other shops charge by the hour. RMCR charges $95/hour. They might be a little higher in price, however they do excellent work and they are very maticulate about their work. They take their time and make sure the work is done properly. They've been around for a while and know what their doing. I honestly wouldnt trust anyone else with my car around here.
Old 03-02-2010 | 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Cool nice to see more Colorado people around.
Old 03-05-2010 | 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by paytonjump
I honestly wouldnt trust anyone else with my car around here.
I agree 100%.
Old 03-05-2010 | 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went into RMCR ready to drop 7k+ in cash on new parts & installation and they blew me off. Fk RMCR.
Old 03-06-2010 | 05:12 AM
Teching In

Default good perf shop in CO

I have a 94 t/a stock cubic inch lt1 runs 10.2 at 135,street driven, complete stock interior still has factory cruise, car weighs in at 3970#.the motor and trans have been in this car for 6 years never had to go back into it for anything.

ALL DONE BY MARK AND MIKE AT RMCR,MY CAR GOES NO WHERE ELSE.

everybody has bad days from time to time, you might have just caught them on a bad day.

not to sound like a dick, but your missing out if you dont go back.

just my 2 cents. best shop in colorado
Old 03-07-2010 | 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jlasti
I have a 94 t/a stock cubic inch lt1 runs 10.2 at 135,street driven, complete stock interior still has factory cruise, car weighs in at 3970#.the motor and trans have been in this car for 6 years never had to go back into it for anything.

ALL DONE BY MARK AND MIKE AT RMCR,MY CAR GOES NO WHERE ELSE.

everybody has bad days from time to time, you might have just caught them on a bad day.

not to sound like a dick, but your missing out if you dont go back.

just my 2 cents. best shop in colorado

thats good to hear atleast! i remember seeing one of there customer cars on GMHTP. i wonder why they dont become a sponsor on tech.
Old 03-07-2010 | 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
i wonder why they dont become a sponsor on tech.
Because ls1tech charges a lot of money and there isn't a very big Colorado population here.

Quick Reply: Performance shops in Co?