Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

colorado ticket for "engaging in a speed contest"

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default colorado ticket for "engaging in a speed contest"

I live in Texas but am in colorado for work. Got pulled over in my ram for "engaging in a speed contest" the cop was pretty cool and thats all he wrote, no speeding ticket or anything like that.

I got a court date, but wont be here then so am going to have to call and see what i can do, but what should i expect? How much money and i looking at and all?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ur lucky ur not in cali, they'd be crushing it on the 8 o clock news
Old 10-02-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine was $356

AFTER being dropped from the 12 point speed contest down to a 4 point wreckless, and a 4 point careless...

I was doing a burnout at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green. Got a call about 5-6 hours later. Guess some old lady pulled up behind me and I got molten rubber all over her car. How is that my fault? LOL

Was an awesome burnout though... couldnt even see the traffic light... kept trying to blow the smoke away (windows were down) hahahah
Old 10-02-2010, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

god damn thats a lot of money for putting a riced acura in its place. fml
Old 10-02-2010, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

It's kinda hard to tell you what you're in for without knowing exactly what went down and what your conversation was with the cop.

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
Ur lucky ur not in cali, they'd be crushing it on the 8 o clock news
Those cars were crushed because they were stolen/had stolen parts. It was used for more of an example for others than a punishment for the owners.

Originally Posted by WS.SIX
I was doing a burnout at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green. Got a call about 5-6 hours later. Guess some old lady pulled up behind me and I got molten rubber all over her car. How is that my fault? LOL

Was an awesome burnout though... couldnt even see the traffic light... kept trying to blow the smoke away (windows were down) hahahah
If you did that in front of one of my vehicles I would be pissed too. I don't want rocks and rubber thrown up at the front of my vehicle and I bet you wouldn't want that either. Take that **** to the track, country or the industrial park.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I paid $390 for something similar, but its gonna suck for you if your out of state i dunno how they will handle that. I would call ASAP and get it handled...
Old 10-02-2010, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Conversation went good. Did not lie or anything. He told menthe wrote I was a respectful out of town working kid. Ran from a red light to about 60. He asked if I knew the other guy. Told him no the. He said not to worry he knows where he lives and laughed. He was by far the coolest cop I've ran across. He could I've wrote me for speeding and such too I'm sure
Old 10-02-2010, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Palomba
Conversation went good. Did not lie or anything. He told menthe wrote I was a respectful out of town working kid. Ran from a red light to about 60. He asked if I knew the other guy. Told him no the. He said not to worry he knows where he lives and laughed. He was by far the coolest cop I've ran across. He could I've wrote me for speeding and such too I'm sure
i dont know how cool your gonna think he is after you go through the aftermath of the ticket.. idk about colorado, but engaging in a speed contest i.e exhibition of speed is a 2 point violation in california, with a huge fine from the court, plus insurance rates
Old 10-02-2010, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

No points in texas. Guess il see how it plays out
Old 10-02-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Points lol! What is it with California?

About the ticket though, if it's like mine it will be anywhere from 350-500. I think mine had another charge on it though.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

So basically you admitted guilt and went on your way. I've got to agree with ChevyRunner, you aren't going to think he's so cool when you get the fine/rate hikes. Unfortunately for you you've already admitted guilt so you can't even fight it at this point.

Originally Posted by chevyrunner
engaging in a speed contest i.e exhibition of speed is a 2 point violation in california, with a huge fine from the court, plus insurance rates
I'm pretty sure that exhibition of speed and a speed contest are two different things in California. A speed contest is an actual race, exhibition of speed is a burnout or a solo run. I got two exhibition of speed tickets my senior year of HS in my 1989 Silvy for doing burnouts. They were two points each and that was back when 3 points meant you lost your license.

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Points lol! What is it with California?
A point system is one in which a driver's licensing authority issues demerits, or points to drivers on conviction for road traffic offenses. Points may either be added or subtracted, depending on the particular system in use. A major offense may lead to more than the maximum allowed points being issued, but more typically, the accumulation (or loss) of too many points over a given period of time can lead to additional penalties, including fines and suspension or revocation of the driver's license. The primary purpose of such point systems is to identify and deter repeat offenders of traffic laws, whilst also streamlining the legal process.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

no buddy exhibition of speed covers burnouts, racing, instigating a race, or participating in a race, they have an exhibition oh sprred (a) (b) and c. trush me. ive gotton two of them. they can also be charged as a misdemenor if the officer chooses... i.e your racing and are going over a certain speed in relation to the posted speed limit.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've had a dick *** cop yell at me saying he was going to crush my toyota for street racing and nothing on it is stolen. He must of though I was racing someone on a skateboard cause my toyota is slower than **** especially with all my band equipment in it.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chevyrunner
no buddy exhibition of speed covers burnouts, racing, instigating a race, or participating in a race, they have an exhibition oh sprred (a) (b) and c. trush me. ive gotton two of them. they can also be charged as a misdemenor if the officer chooses... i.e your racing and are going over a certain speed in relation to the posted speed limit.
You are right on the spread (A,B,C,ect.) however it is CVC 23109 Speed Contests that it's under, not Exhibition of Speed.

CVC Site

I've had a dick *** cop yell at me saying he was going to crush my toyota for street racing and nothing on it is stolen. He must of though I was racing someone on a skateboard cause my toyota is slower than **** especially with all my band equipment in it.
I've had cops yell at me for many things, however, them saying that they are going to do something is different than what they actually do.

I can't help but laugh that Officer Douche wanted to crush the Toyota from your sig! (I assume that it was the Toyota from your sig)
Old 10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
You are right on the spread (A,B,C,ect.) however it is CVC 23109 Speed Contests that it's under, not Exhibition of Speed.

CVC Site

I've had cops yell at me for many things, however, them saying that they are going to do something is different than what they actually do.

I can't help but laugh that Officer Douche wanted to crush the Toyota from your sig! (I assume that it was the Toyota from your sig)
Ya trust me I asked him if he thought I was in a camaro or some type of sports car and not an overloaded 2 barrel 22r 4 speed. He ended up writing a speeding ticket, I did a trial by written declaration and case was dismissed. Never been pulled over in my camaro, or burban. Been pulled over quite a bit in my buddies camaro never got a ticket tho
Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

Ya trust me I asked him if he thought I was in a camaro or some type of sports car and not an overloaded 2 barrel 22r 4 speed. He ended up writing a speeding ticket, I did a trial by written declaration and case was dismissed. Never been pulled over in my camaro, or burban. Been pulled over quite a bit in my buddies camaro never got a ticket tho
Hahaha! Sounds like my life, I get pulled over all the time in my work trucks, my DD Silvy and in my 100% stock Yukon when I still had it. My cat-less WS.6 has never got a second look from an officer.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you work alot in Colorado? First off it's a closed state so they won't report it to Texas. Have a lawyer show up for you and they will drop points for you right off the bat. Then just pay the fine. Fines are really cheap here compared to Cali, not sure how they compare to Texas. My 12 point ticket was dropped to 8 and the fine was around 300.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

just right now for a month or 2. Tickets in Texas are expensive, not stopping all the way at a stop sign was 250 when i was in highschool.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:30 AM
TECH Addict

just right now for a month or 2. Tickets in Texas are expensive, not stopping all the way at a stop sign was 250 when i was in highschool.
****, I'm pretty sure minimum in Cali is $351.

Quick Reply: colorado ticket for "engaging in a speed contest"