Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone want to do my window motors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want to do my window motors?

I'm located in Fresno, I have a very limited amount of time due to school and work. I'm sure whoever's done this before knows where to drill. If you're interested name your price and we'll go from there. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've done them they aren't hard. You still the 3 rivets. I'd do it for you but I only go to Fresno every few months to visit my in laws. If you want to do it your self let me know ill get you the article I used it really wasn't hard.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Teching In

Hey Silvea,

Can you send me the article? I replaced the driver side and now the window doesn't close unless the door is open...

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Here's the article that I used. I think it's pretty good.

LINK
Old 03-22-2013, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure and recheck 3 times that you are removing the window motor rivets and "not" the window arm rivets. Save yourself a big headache. Easy to replace just "triple check" before you cut, very important!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh and also my driver side window doesn't roll up right. When it's fully down it will slide and bump the rear of the door when I take off from a roll, and when I come to a stop it slides forward. When it rolls up, it comes inward towards me and I always have to take my hand to push it outward and guide it straight up, any suggestions on what might cause this?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's another DIY, I used this one when I did replaced both my motors over the last couple of years.
http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
I've had my door panels off a dozen times with installing sound deadener and different door speakers. It's not hard at all just a little time consuming. I'd be willing take a look at it, if you can you drive to up to madera. Sounds also like you might have loose or broken window track/s.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres also a couple videos in youtube that ive found useful. Im about to do this again soon but im very far from where youre at.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1559
Oh and also my driver side window doesn't roll up right. When it's fully down it will slide and bump the rear of the door when I take off from a roll, and when I come to a stop it slides forward. When it rolls up, it comes inward towards me and I always have to take my hand to push it outward and guide it straight up, any suggestions on what might cause this?
That would be the guide roller ......the shaft is pressed into the window sill, it must have popped out. You need to tack weld it back to the window sill without melting the plastic wheel,then put it back in the guide track. Don't melt the wheel ask me how I know

Quick Reply: Anyone want to do my window motors?