Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Attention Camarojunky74!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention Camarojunky74!!!!

Alright Luke thisones for you. Im thinking about seafoaming the S10 on sunday. Really been neglecting the thing ever sense we bought it. So ima do A full tune-up (minus transmission fluid change)

So from what I remember your the biggest opposition on seafoam. Did you ever try it and see if it has those magical results we all hope for when we see smoke coming out? Or is it just like you said. (soap water?)
Old 10-10-2008, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

All I have to say... If you do SeaFoam it, do it BEFORE the full tune-up (plugs, wires, fluids)...

Luke doesn't put certain brands of gas into his car, let alone aftermarket additives...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

lol^^^

alright, well first, iv drips are nothing new to the auto world, hell old timers used to drip atf into ported vacuum to "remove carbon"

my thing with this **** is its meant to choke the engine, basically your supposed to let so much in that the engine actually stalls. when i was taught about doing this you were to avoid stalling the engine at all cost. so i disagree with putting it in our lt1's and ls1's yes but would be willing to try it on my ranger. a scientific test if you will, hell ill even smog my car right before i do it, then smog my car right after, same day same place, ill prove my theory on this stuff, because if it does what its supposed to my smog results will reflect the improved cleanliness of the engine.

if i win you guys help me pay, if i lose i pay for everything

deal?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
All I have to say... If you do SeaFoam it, do it BEFORE the full tune-up (plugs, wires, fluids)...

Luke doesn't put certain brands of gas into his car, let alone aftermarket additives...
+1, If you decide to seafoam the car, you will have to change your oil shortly afterwards. I am the same way with gas, I will only use Chevron, Shell, Mobol 1/Exxon, & 76. If I am on E, and have no other option, then I will use fuels from places such as ARCO.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

I used it on my Camaro. It didnt really smoke as much as i thought it would but it did seem like it was running better after it. I followed the seafoam directions, but i didnt do the throttlebody, and the oil. I think tryin it on your s10 would be worth it. But like luke said do it before your tune-up.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Yup ive done it before on the impala before, i know how it goes. And I thought it made a difference. But it could be my mind playing tricks.

And luke, I dont understand what your getting at with your bet. 1 more time please
Old 10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

im saying ill seafoam my truck, but to prove that it doesnt work ill smog before and after, if it works the smog test will surely show the results, if it works and improves the readings ill pay for the seafoam and the smog, if it doesnt work you guys pay for the smog and seafoam.

deal?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
Yup ive done it before on the impala before, i know how it goes. And I thought it made a difference. But it could be my mind playing tricks.

And luke, I dont understand what your getting at with your bet. 1 more time please
He's going to smog his car twice. Once before seafoaming the vehicle and once after. If both tests are nearly identical, then he wins and he wants some compensation for the cost of the smog tests. If the test afterwards is noticeably better than the previous test, then he is out all the cost.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

so my point being, if you trust it enough to put in your engine which costs thousands of dollars, you should trust it to a freindly 100 dollar wager. see what i'm saying?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

im sure if u told the smog shop what you were testing they will give u a discount or something at least
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

we need someone unbiased to be there with luke to see the whole process out
Old 10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
im sure if u told the smog shop what you were testing they will give u a discount or something at least
im sure they will.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
we need someone unbiased to be there with luke to see the whole process out
lol someone feel free to do so.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
im saying ill seafoam my truck, but to prove that it doesnt work ill smog before and after, if it works the smog test will surely show the results, if it works and improves the readings ill pay for the seafoam and the smog, if it doesnt work you guys pay for the smog and seafoam.

deal?
I thought it was meant to clean up gunk and carbon build up. How much would that affect how much gas is being emitted out the exhaust?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
I thought it was meant to clean up gunk and carbon build up. How much would that affect how much gas is being emitted out the exhaust?
think about what your saying, if its meant to clean out the gunk not harm the cats and make the engine run better, this would absolutely show up on the smog machine. remember a cleaner engine is a better running engine.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
think about what your saying, if its meant to clean out the gunk not harm the cats and make the engine run better, this would absolutely show up on the smog machine. remember a cleaner engine is a better running engine.
But how much of that built up gunk in the cylinder heads and **** actually goes out the exhaust and doesn't get caught by the cats? Like if the gunk got pushed out the exhaust would that make just driving around clean the engine? Like I'm just asking how much of an effect does that carbon build up actually cause to the emissions?
Old 10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

well i dont think the carbon build up on the valves and injectors and cyl heads has exact effect on emissions, its more so the build up on the valves the injectors alters performance, this futher decreasing performance thus using more fuel to achieve the same rpm's. make sense?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw some guy seafoaming at a smog station, i thought that was funny
Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the only way you'd be able to do your test to measure effectiveness would be catless.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I think the only way you'd be able to do your test to measure effectiveness would be catless.
but, it says it doesnt harm the cats like all the other fuel injector crap out there, so if thats true then the results will stay the same instead of decreasing if it truly doesnt harm the cats