What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

rare white Vert white leather change? 98 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rare white Vert white leather change? 98 Z28

Ok guys I'm stuck on what to do with this car... I bought a 1998 ls1 Z28 Camaro. It is only a 2 owner car. I guess its pretty rare to have a white Convertable top with White leather seats on a Red body... She said its 1 of 303? That being said there is a few little holes in the top of the Vert. This car has been sitting in a garage for a bit and the top is weathering...

I need to replace the top do I redo it in the original white? Will it be worth more $$ that way? or do I do the top in black that I personally think will look better and appeal to more people?

The car has 82,000 on it... the only mod done to the car is a flow master muffler with stock tips. and a drop in K&N
What will get me the most money I plan to resell the car. Also I have a Wet Nos kit should I slap that on there? Why I ask is my Freind just sold his LT1 Camaro with a nos kit on it with a cam and stock ported heads for $8,000 I thought that was top $$$! Did the kit add more value? Some people like stock some like modded...

I'm also looking for number that the car would be worth going the 2 or 3 different routes
1 stock new white top new
2. New black top
3. New tops and modded with some spray

I'm also open to offers!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

No collector value with 82,000 miles on the odometer so rule that out despite the unusual color combo. The top color will NOT affect value at this point so do whatever YOU want. I have owned white tops in the past and I find them a bear to keep clean. My taupe or tan top is tough too but much better than white. I love black tops the best for aesthetic reasons. I'm sure red/black verts are the most common color combos and it does looks great. You just don't see many red/taupe or red/white combos. Having a white interior to go with that will really be nice.
As far as mods on a 'vert I personally would never buy a 'vert with mods. That's me, but many others prefer stock cars as well when looking to purchase. Again, your car, your choice, but don't expect more $$ for your car at sale time. Read the many posts about mods and their worth at selling time. It can be a hindrance more than a plus. Enjoy your ride if you decide to keep it!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Teching In

A proud father is more inclined to buy his special little girl her first convert. without mods rather than with mods. Your market is really limited with these cars. The problem is they are really worth 8-12,000 depending on miles and such, but kids that want them can't get a loan. Tough market right now. Personally I like the white with white leather, seeing how I have a car with white leather as well. I am 50 years old so I am from the old school of no mods is better than mods. Personnally I wouldn't even look at a car with nos, but thats my opinion. But I am the one guy who doesn't need a loan to get a car. Back to the small market thing. Good luck with your sale.
Barney
Old 10-24-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt put the nitrous on it.... i have NEVER purchased a car with excessive mods let alone a wet kit... most of us wouldnt unless we know for sure it wasnt some half *** shade tree mechanic that put it together. Honestly, your biggest selling points will be aesthetics, clean it and detail it.. repair what you can for as little as you can if you want to flip it.. my .02
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Thank you all for the input I was basically thinking the same thing... I just happend to have a final track day coming up in our car club and I just heard of a member breaking the bank on a LT1 with spray it made me think hey maybe people have changed their buying habits on theses cars. I think I'm going to leave the car stock; with the White leather on the seats and do a new Fresh Black Top... Some new spark plugs and wires for a fresh tune up and give her a great detail and put it on the market...
Old 10-25-2010, 03:22 PM

If your just going to sell the car,,id say go with the white top,since your not the one thats gonna be cleaning it,,personally i dont think it'll look right red with white int and a black top,,,, just my opinion
Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Launching!

I dont think the car looks good with the white top.. now if it had some white racing strips it might look better...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Without doing much checking I quickly found this old Chevelle that shows a black hardtop, red exterior, and white interior. You can easily see that a black vert top would be basically the same. I think it is pretty

Just click on it to enlarge.
Attachment 260799

Last edited by NC01TA; 09-20-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Launching!

thank NC! Yah that does look classy!

Quick Reply: rare white Vert white leather change? 98 Z28