What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

05 gto am i pricing it correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 gto am i pricing it correctly?

This is my add I might be running in the future, how does it look?

Here is a 2005 Pontiac Gto. Midnight blue metallic, with under 76k miles. The engine runs very strong, well kept with mobile one synthetic at every 3k change. The a/c Blows cold! And a fresh clutch at 65k miles. The Interior is in good shape aside from a small tear in the stitching on the drivers side. Leather is clean and smells brand new (non smoker), as well as carpet and the dash is immaculate. There is some medial damage to the front bumper and others various defects common for a seven year old car but the paint its self is very deep and full of color.
The tires are like new and should last quite a while longer.
I still get lots of comments on this car, and it is quiet the sleeper and This particular car is pretty rare, as a 1/186 on top of being one of only 33k made from 04-06.
I really enjoy the car, but I plan on moving into something a bit higher on my dream car list.

Looking to sell the car in the 10-12k range.

Car in question
Any feed back would be appreciated.

Last edited by fuel_junkie; 08-11-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 508 Likes on 366 Posts

While your honesty is refreshing your ad will garner no phone calls if you leave it 'as is'. Remove some of the detailed negativity and highlight the positive. An example being all the talk about the overheating and radiator. You say it is fixed, so leave it at that. No need to write about it if it is 100% now. If you have the receipts then the new owner will appreciate the work that has been done. Also way too much info about the bumper. You also need more positives? For example: Clean title in hand? Tires OK or 'like new'. Things like that, if applicable. Again, get away from detailed negativity. 'Small tear in upholstery' is sufficient in your ad. Nothing else needs to be said. Save the details for the phone call or once the person comes and sees the car. Of course be upfront and honest but you want people to call and be interested first. They will know something is up by the low price. That is the key. Also, I would say your car is in 'fair condition' from what you describe. I can't consider this car as 'good' with the tranny, bumper issues, etc... Price it a bit lower with those same deductions you listed and you might be in business. Best of luck!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Launching!

I really appreciate the reply. I have revised the original message, cut the fat and worked the price a tad. Should i price it high and let them low ball me for a best offer or should I place it about where i need to be and just be firm on the price with little flexibility?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:55 AM
On The Tree

I agree with leaving some things out in the ad to get a buyer on the hook, but if they are driving to see it please tell them everything including the negatives. I hate when I drive 3 hours to see one car only to get there and it be another. Put yourself in their shoes. Either way your price seems very fair for what they go for around these parts.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 508 Likes on 366 Posts

I like your revised version much better. Looks good!
Don't price it too high as many won't call. Leave a little 'wiggle room' in your price but not much. If you want $11,000 ask $11,500 or $11,750. You want to attract folks with the low price. Prospective smart buyers will know what questions to ask once they contact you. Then they can decide if they want to come see the car. I know you will be upfront with callers after seeing your original ad. GLWS!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Thanks for everything. I will most likely list in the near future.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

what is medial damage? and did you omit trans issues? sounds like your original had trans issues described.

For the most part in my ads, I have always been bluntly honest about mechanical issues. I view it as you wasting my time if i call you and you didnt put something like that in the ad. Now cosmetic stuff you can kind of beat around like the others said, and like your revised ad does.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Launching!

This is the medial damage That I speak of, its not sever where repair goes beyond paint and some new clips. Also note the car is dirty and the pics were just taken with my iphone. I also took the car into a mechanic too look at the transmission and he said my synchro's are holding strong but that the clutch may need some realignment and if that is the case I will have that taken care of before I sell the car.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

ya thats not that bad for the price, just some extreme spider cracking. for 10-12 id over look that easy. clutch thing is what I would be concerned with, whats the car doing that you noticed the issue? id say get that taken car of if it isnt too cost prohibitive and hold you can sell it for more.

If those are really the only cosmetic issues and the rest of the drive line is good, no other issues or leaks Id be trying to get 12-13
Old 08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Launching!

The rest of the drive train is perfect. Motor is spotless with no leaks what so ever, the rear is in great condition no other known issues. The problem with the trans is not a problem for me, but may be for the future owner. When putting it into gear it seems like it doesnt want to line up correctly every time. I would say 7 out of 10 times it lines up perfect, but those three other times, I need to pull it out of gear and "reset " it just to make sure it is in all the way. but like i said, i can drive it fine, with rare kick backs/grinds but i can bet someone who just jumps in is going to be turned off quickly.
And again, i appreciate the feed back.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fuel_junkie
The rest of the drive train is perfect. Motor is spotless with no leaks what so ever, the rear is in great condition no other known issues. The problem with the trans is not a problem for me, but may be for the future owner. When putting it into gear it seems like it doesnt want to line up correctly every time. I would say 7 out of 10 times it lines up perfect, but those three other times, I need to pull it out of gear and "reset " it just to make sure it is in all the way. but like i said, i can drive it fine, with rare kick backs/grinds but i can bet someone who just jumps in is going to be turned off quickly.
And again, i appreciate the feed back.
Sounds odd, what shifter is in the car? you popped the console apart to make sure the shifter is mounted properly and securely? We pulled a friends after he got it and found out it only had one shifter bolt in a b&m.

If its kicking out of gear and grinding though at all, I would have a reputable trans shop take a look.

If its not something you want to deal with though, your 10-12 price will reflect that. If I was in the market Id buy that for 10ish, bumper cover repainted with SAP front end, and have that trans built and Im still under 15k with a perfect GTO.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Launching!

The shifter is stock, and I will double check and make sure everything is tight on the bolt side. I am going to go to a transmission shop within the next couple of weeks to see whats all going on, if anything i will have accurate information. Whom ever does get it I hope they have a mind set like you. Clean styling and a love for the car.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you put this up for sale yet? Interested in an 87 Buick. Car in sig might be something you are interested in .

Nix
Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Launching!

absolutely no disrespect to the father of all buicks, but i am hoping to snag a viper in the next year or so. The car will likely go for sale in the near months to come. I am going to get everything checked out and make sure the next buyer is in good shape from the get go.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh well, no problem. Looks like a great car for the money. GLWS.

Nix

Quick Reply: 05 gto am i pricing it correctly?