Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New drag wheels from Summit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default New drag wheels from Summit?

I was browsing Summit for some cheap front drag wheels and came upon these. I did not see them about a month or two ago when I last looked and haven't heard of anybody running them unless I'm missing something. They are called the Warrior R/T and the front that's pictured in the link is the correct size for an f-body (5x4.75" pattern with 1.75" backspace).
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SU...S/?image=large

Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never seen anybody, but those new 5 spoke ones have been ran with two people and absolutely no grinding. My buddy had to grind for the stars. The sport slot series is what they were called, now the site is changed. I like those ones you picked out the best I think. Wonder how good they fit.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow are these things getting inexpensive. (yea...go chinese....). Must be putting a hit on Welds economy lines considering the source company is copying apparantly welds styles. Did you see the "mag=numm" wheel yet...lol

I wouldn't call it a drag wheel. Its just a 15" street cast wheel thats probably pretty heavy. I'd pick a prostar over this...(what its apparantly a knock-off of anyways). Even though they are a competitor of ours, at least you're supporting a USA company.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

wow! great looking wheels..
Old 07-16-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Wow are these things getting inexpensive. (yea...go chinese....). Must be putting a hit on Welds economy lines considering the source company is copying apparantly welds styles. Did you see the "mag=numm" wheel yet...lol

I wouldn't call it a drag wheel. Its just a 15" street cast wheel thats probably pretty heavy. I'd pick a prostar over this...(what its apparantly a knock-off of anyways). Even though they are a competitor of ours, at least you're supporting a USA company.
I know you wanna push your product, but alot of people can't afford Bogarts and sometimes don't want the grinding of Welds. So summit is fine for them. Accept that.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

He is looking at a 15x4 or a 15x3.5 This application should not require any grinding on the Weld wheels.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keith_AE2010
I know you wanna push your product, but alot of people can't afford Bogarts and sometimes don't want the grinding of Welds. So summit is fine for them. Accept that.
Keith,

I'm confused, where did I even mention the name of any of our stuff? I've actually discussed considering another companies product.

It's a shame that people feed into purchasing non-USA products when there are measurably better products available. People complain about how terrible the economy is, how things need to get better...if people continue to support this type of thing. The future is looking bleaker. I don't want to turn this into a political post. I suppose if you like what you see, support it.

These products are an obvious copy attempt of another well known well made product. Even some of the names are rather funny knock-off names.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 07-16-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc

Amen. You know I have to push Weld products, but as you said I'd rather see someone buy a set of Bogarts any day over the china summit brand knock offs. Wonder when they will some out with some "Summit D-100s" hahahah
Old 07-16-2009, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I would prefer to buy Weld Pro Stars or Billet Specialties Street Lites but for some people like me the Summits or Jegs are the answer. Poor college student looking for a budget rim to use temporarily that will withstand street use. I could care less if they are a little heavier than Welds because they are still better than running stock 17x9's up front.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm on a college student budget too. I'm a 20 year old Law Student. But I opted to save up for the choice that would fit correctly, support our economy, and be the best performance option for my car.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 AM
TECH Addict

I am a 20 year old college kid too. I don't make very much money at all right now. I chose the summit stars. The welds were a bit out of my price range. I'm also buying the nitto DRs instead of the MTs right now cause I can get a lot more miles out of them. Bet when I graduate and start bringing in money, I'll be going for the top of the line stuff! Until then, I guess the Chinese **** will have to do. lol
Old 07-17-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

I don't see how he pushed his product. He is just merely stating the truth. Hell, I bought a set of Summit Stars because I didn't have the cash at the time. I sold them and now am thinking about having Steve do a one off set of Road Race wheels for me. It's all about preference and what you can afford.

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
I would prefer to buy Weld Pro Stars or Billet Specialties Street Lites but for some people like me the Summits or Jegs are the answer. Poor college student looking for a budget rim to use temporarily that will withstand street use. I could care less if they are a little heavier than Welds because they are still better than running stock 17x9's up front.
I feel ya brother.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

I'm with Steve about our economy, however, our government did it to us and our great companies no defunct. Overtax the rich and see what happens. I'm the kind of guy that has stuck with stock wheels because I can't afford (get it by my wife) the wheels I would want.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Never seen anybody, but those new 5 spoke ones have been ran with two people and absolutely no grinding. My buddy had to grind for the stars. The sport slot series is what they were called, now the site is changed. I like those ones you picked out the best I think. Wonder how good they fit.
Are the two guys that ran these on the forums. I want these wheels, but had a few questions for them. Please let me know.

thanks,
Old 08-11-2009, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jzingre
Are the two guys that ran these on the forums. I want these wheels, but had a few questions for them. Please let me know.

thanks,
are these what you are talking about?
Attached Thumbnails New drag wheels from Summit?-wheels-002.jpg   New drag wheels from Summit?-wheels-004.jpg   New drag wheels from Summit?-wheels-001.jpg   New drag wheels from Summit?-wheels-003.jpg  
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 PM

dont matter if it takes two years saving money but i will never buy stuff made in china
Old 08-11-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FORTMYERSCAMARO
dont matter if it takes two years saving money but i will never buy stuff made in china
I call bs you cant hardly buy **** in the usa without it saying made in china, but still helps to have american products at a great price some people just want to put a price tag on ****
Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought billet specialties for $204 for the front and $219 for the rears, and they are made in the usa! thats a fair price.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:51 PM

i youst got a set of ccw drag used for 1650.00 with tires
Old 08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FORTMYERSCAMARO
i youst got a set of ccw drag used for 1650.00 with tires
Ya i seen them looks good!! I'm just saying our import export in this country is messed up!!

Quick Reply: New drag wheels from Summit?