Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

chrome falling of boss 304 wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default chrome falling of boss 304 wheels!!!

Do anyone on here ever have trouble with chrome falling of there wheels? I bought a new set of boss 304 wheels, i put them on my car to see what they would look like, they looked great! but i never used the car yet! dont even have amotor in it yet! the car is in my garage and never seen the light of day! anyway the chrome is falling of them! the company wont warrantie them for me! they like to permote there products and say what great wheels they have but they dont live up to there name,1600$ for a set of wheels and this happens, what garbage!! cant even get to talk to anyone, make me sick!

anyway is there anyway to get the chrome of ?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Does your garage door open right out on to the ocean? Holy crap, that's crazy. There's probably not much you can do with them without spending a bunch of money. If you go with chrome again, maybe use a special sealant on them. The chrome on my Oe wheels has held up great, but if they are exposed to salt, they will probably start to corrode, especially the inner barrell where the chrome finish is not as smooth.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

after market parts are known for crappie quality control....

if they were chromed properly, they should not peel.... peroid!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Launching!

no my wheels were in the boxes for quite some time, and I was always cleaning and putting the proper protectant on them, and yes if they were good quality then this should not have happened the real problem i have with it all is the company wont respond to me, and i was told that they wont honor any warranty I have herd other people on some fourms complaning about boss wheels as well, same problem. anyway looks lie ill be sand blasting and painting the wheels now thanks for the replys, the more the better maybe this might help us all i some shape or form.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a set of 20s that were black chrome and it started to come off
Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My GM stock chrome rims still look like brand new at least on the outer parts, inside is brake dust layers here and there. That's what I call proper quality. I had a set of American Racing rims, chromed and QC was **** on those, the chrome spilt off around the rivets and eventually had "rust" pools forming.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chrome is most of the time cheap, almost every set of chrome wheels I see that gets alot of street time have pitting/flaking. That's what's great about polished aluminum, yes a pain to keep clean but can always be made to look new again
Old 03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Chrome is most of the time cheap, almost every set of chrome wheels I see that gets alot of street time have pitting/flaking. That's what's great about polished aluminum, yes a pain to keep clean but can always be made to look new again
That's the same thing that I've seen, I had a friend get about 4 years out of his chrome Y2K's before they finish started to flake off like crazy. I've seen several other aftermarket chrome wheels flake as well.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Launching!

I wouldnt mind if I used them, but they never seen the out side of my garage door! do anyone know where i can get a number for boss wheel company? so i can tell them the garbage there selling!!!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the heck is a Boss wheel? Probably the same as all these ebay wheels

Quick Reply: chrome falling of boss 304 wheels!!!