Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

mtx thunder form install question help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mtx thunder form install question help!

I have everything wired up like the book says, got it wired up to the rear speakers. The light on the amp is coming on saying that it should be working but nothing is happening. There is a blue remote wire coming out of the harness but it doesn't say where it goes, does anyone know where to put the remote wire????? I tried using the search for about an hour now and can't find anything.... sorry if this sounds really newbie but I suck at wiring and have had a few beers
Old 03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Blue Remote wire is used for cutting off the amp when you turn the key off. You need to track down the wire going to the stereo that looses power when the key is in the off position. A Power Probe or a Test Light comes in handy for situations like this.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

I don't understand why this wire isn't in the instuctions, and it only sticks out 14 inchs from the amp? Is there anything close that this should go to? I have been looking around for awhile now.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by extinctls1
I don't understand why this wire isn't in the instuctions, and it only sticks out 14 inchs from the amp? Is there anything close that this should go to? I have been looking around for awhile now.
You need to run that wire back to the front of the car and tap into an IGN wire. The blue wire is basicallly an "enable wire".
Old 03-22-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What head unit are you using?

Most aftermarket HUs have a switched output wire on them so when it is on it kicks the amp on. It is used for power antennas and amps and such. The stock HU on the birds doesn't put the antenna up unless the tuner is on, it won't put the antenna up with just a CD so if you are using the stock HU tapping into that wire won't do you much good.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

I am using the stock HU, I am just going to go up to the audio shop and have them figure it out oh well thanks for trying to help me out though.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

if the light on the amp is coming up indicating it is on this most likely means it has an auto on feature and the remote wire isnt needed, it should discuss this

odds are u need to turn the gain up maybe
Old 03-23-2009, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

I turned up the xcross over and the gain and the remote bass adjuster and still nothing. I was thinking the same thing with the remote if the light is on and getting power it should be pushing the sub. Unless the sub isn't getting a strong enough signal from the wires that I tapped to make the sub work. Is there any other place to tap the RCA's besides the rear speakers?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

IMO u should be tapping behidn the factory headunit with a LOC