Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine SPS-600c wiring help on front doors!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine SPS-600c wiring help on front doors!

I've already cut holes into the front door panels to mount the component tweeters, I purchased a set of Metra 72-4568 harness adapters to save from cutting up the stock wiring. I went to mount up the speakers and I've come to the terrible discovery that the harness adapters don't fit. Do they make a harness adapter that I can use, if so what is the part number? If not, do I have no choice but to learn how to solder the wiring off the stock speaker onto my new Alpines?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Bump TTT
Old 01-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Ok well I've just decided to bite the bullet and solder up the factory harness to the component set I have. I've tried looking through the links and pages searching for speaker wiring and speaker harnesses, but it seems all the write ups use a coaxial speaker that they then convert into a component set and require cutting wiring on the back of my main speaker. I've already got separate tweeters, so in my situation can I just wire the stock harness wiring for the tweeters to the separate tweeter wiring, and then the factory harness mid-bass wiring to the mid-bass terminals on the speaker? My kit came with a crossover that connected the tweeter from two terminals mounted on the mid-bass speaker, can I disregard that if I wire them up as I just described?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Teching In

I'm having the same issue. SOMEBODY HELP
Old 02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regulator, I'm assuming this was in a Camaro since you had no place to put the tweeters. Would have been better to surface mount them to the corners up by the mirrors then cut holes in your door panel. Sound would have been about the same and your door panels would be instact. No big deal though, dime a dozen at the junk yard.
There are no adapters for a Camaro door speaker. They are unique with the 4 wires running from them not unlike the connector for the subs in the Firebirds. No aftermarket exists for that. You are doing the right thing by soldering them. The crossover that is with them should be unnecessary if you just reuse the stock connector and extend the tweeter wires from that connector to the holes you cut for the tweeter. The stock tweeters are already set for high frequency.

LS1LAR11:
Looking at your avatar...do you have a Firebird? If not just refer to the above mentioned. If so then all you have to do is reuse the stock connectors off the old speakers and wire them up to the new ones. This allows you to plug them back into the stock harness. When doing the tweeters reuse the entire connector with the foam covered rectangle and all. That is the filter for the tweeter and will be reused. You can attach that whole thing to the tweeter and plug it back into the stock harness.
Another way of doing it is to cut the connector off the tweeter and discard the filter just using the the connector itself. You would then extend the wires from the connector into the crossover and then from the crossover you would run the high frequency signal to your tweeter. The filter would then be your crossover. This would still allow you to plug into the stock harness in the door but would not allow you to use the crossover with the midbass portion.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i have the alpine type-r.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Okay heres my deal. One sail panel speaker blew.... wanted to replace the pair and (like many other car audio idiots) bought the wrong ones. But now I did my research and i know what i need.. problem is I can't find the proper replacement speakers for the sail panels. Also I want to chaneg the fronts as well but cant find those either. Does anybody know who sells these speakers?...... they are 4+4 ohm 6.5 subs for the sails and 6.5 inch 2-ohm mids for the fronts.

I'm so pissed I think im just going to rip everything out and put in a custom system.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LAR11
Okay heres my deal. One sail panel speaker blew.... wanted to replace the pair and (like many other car audio idiots) bought the wrong ones. But now I did my research and i know what i need.. problem is I can't find the proper replacement speakers for the sail panels. Also I want to chaneg the fronts as well but cant find those either. Does anybody know who sells these speakers?...... they are 4+4 ohm 6.5 subs for the sails and 6.5 inch 2-ohm mids for the fronts.

I'm so pissed I think im just going to rip everything out and put in a custom system.
Uh, I know someone who sells them...
I also have a fool proof package with all the speakers that I've sold for years now.