Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Halo's installed! <pic>

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo's installed! <pic>

Installed my new lights with Halos today, and I must say they turned out better than I thought! A few notes:
  • Used stock brackets and fit was perfect
  • Only had to remove one bolt (bolt that holds the two brackets together)
  • Fixed my DRL while I had the headlight removed, easy access!
  • Wired the halos to a second stock Fog Light switch

More info about the wiring:

I got a stock fog light switch & harness from the junkyard, $5. I used wire taps to connect into the same color wires from my original fog light switch, except the YELLOW wire. I simply ran both positive wires from halos together at front of the car, then one wire to the cabin. This wire was hooked up to the yellow wire from the switch. That's all!

So, this allows my Halos to be on when I have the headlight switch on either parking or lights. They do not work without the headlight switch on, just like the stock fogs! I could have simply ran another wire from a switched ignition source but didn't have the time. So, now I have two stock fog light switches, one for fogs and another for the halos. I can have either the fogs on, the halos on, or both on at the same time now. Rather had I wired them into the fog lights, they'd be on all the time when the fogs were. Simple solution, and cheap...

Picture...
Attached Thumbnails Halo's installed!  &lt;pic&gt;-halodone.jpg   Halo's installed!  &lt;pic&gt;-frontclosesmall.jpg  

Last edited by 98ZEE28; 04-09-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks good. Do they light up as good at stock at night?
Old 03-25-2005, 06:14 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I think that it looks really good, nice job
Old 03-25-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Looks good. Do they light up as good at stock at night?
The pic was taken in my underground parking at 3:00pm, so it was probably a dusk-type situation. But, I pulled out of the garage and you could still tell that they were on, but not as bright. They will look awesome early/late when it isn't totally bright outside. I think they are more than bright enough to notice..

Thanks for the comments!
Old 03-25-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yeah, haha, does anybody need stock headlights? Let 'em go pretty cheap!
Old 03-28-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Found out today that they flash with the alarm when the switch is in the on position like the fogs, kinda cool haha.

Anyway, I want to get a few more pics up of the switch and wiring, but it's been raining like hell here, so hopefully in a few days...
Old 03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98ZEE28
The pic was taken in my underground parking at 3:00pm, so it was probably a dusk-type situation. But, I pulled out of the garage and you could still tell that they were on, but not as bright. They will look awesome early/late when it isn't totally bright outside. I think they are more than bright enough to notice..

Thanks for the comments!
I think he may have been asking if the HEADLIGHTS light up as good as stock at night. I only assume this since he said "as good as stock" and the stock headlights do not have a halo.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Haha, of course that's what he meant, I must have been spacing out. To answer the question, I don't know yet! Haven't driven the car at night. My guess though is that they would be comparable. I used everything stock except the actual light housing (i replaced the stock brackets, and used the stock bulbs and everything else)...
Old 03-28-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

To each their own...
Old 03-28-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by unredeemed
To each their own...
I'm thinking you don't like 'em...

My justification for getting them was that my passenger light was in bad condition, really old-looking, while the drivers was new. For the price of buying one new headlight, i got two new ones with the halos. As far as I'm concerned, that's a deal!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98ZEE28
I'm thinking you don't like 'em...

My justification for getting them was that my passenger light was in bad condition, really old-looking, while the drivers was new. For the price of buying one new headlight, i got two new ones with the halos. As far as I'm concerned, that's a deal!

I like them and I'm in the same boat as you. Both my lights are fogged out and need to be replaced. It's cheaper to get these than to get OE ones. I don't care what the halo looks like so long as they are not too gaudy.

Basically I'm glad you like them.

Last edited by Richiec77; 04-09-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes I was wondering how well they light up the road compared to your stock lights.

I like them. Im just curious as to how well they light up.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Yes I was wondering how well they light up the road compared to your stock lights.

I like them. Im just curious as to how well they light up.
Well....drove the car last night for the first time in the dark, and I must say, they are very impressive! I actually think they are a little brighter than the stock lights, or maybe because they were perfectly new and shiny and the old ones were a little dingy. Anyhow, the fit is great and I didn't have to bother with any readjustments cause I used the stock brackets. Here's a few more pics of the fitment up close...
Attached Thumbnails Halo's installed!  &lt;pic&gt;-halo7.jpg   Halo's installed!  &lt;pic&gt;-halo6.jpg  
Old 03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Launching!

I like halo's, going on the list to. Like the secound fog lit switch. I have a switch for turning the Day time running lights off there now. To many more switches and I have to get a plate like nascar. hahahaha
Old 03-29-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DJ_951
I like halo's, going on the list to. Like the secound fog lit switch. I have a switch for turning the Day time running lights off there now. To many more switches and I have to get a plate like nascar. hahahaha
Yeah, I've got one extra spot for an additional switch, then I'll be outta room too! I really like the functionality of my setup, although I think I may run a switched source other than the current one from the headlight. Thing is, I have to turn on the parking/headlights in order to turn on the halos. So I'm thinking I'll just run a lead from the fuse panel or the rear of the stereo, whichever would be easier...that way I can have the halos on at the flick of ONE switch, instead of TWO
Old 03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Looks awesome, looks like she's muggin you down with that look!
Old 03-29-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EvilTA
Looks awesome, looks like she's muggin you down with that look!
Yup, and it's gonna look even better once my smoked clear signals come in this week! (if anyone wants to know, from 4caroption.com they are $31 shipped)
Old 04-02-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great man, are you going to hook up HID's to them anytime soon? I am in total love with true HIDs, there are tons of deer here in NW Connecticut, we even have E.T. signs reminding us!

Post pics w/ the corner lights too.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

No plans for HID's but here's another shot to get an idea for the fitment of them...

Picture of the Front (up-close)
Old 04-06-2005, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

I like mine too and they light up as good as stock. I put purple xenon bulbs in.