Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

question about my new infiniti's 6.5's

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default question about my new infiniti's 6.5's

I recently installed some infiniti's 6.5's in my sail's. They are the 62.7i. I have the stock monsoon headunit. It seems like there is too much bass right behind my seat. It rattles a little. Is this a good speaker to use or was it a waste of money?

If I use some kind of sound detening(dynomat) material behind the speakers, will this help with the sound or what?

Please someone help. Thanks!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you wire it straight to the factory amps ? if you didnt , its not guna sound right .. which is probably why its sounding like **** ...
Old 05-23-2006, 02:02 AM
Banned

the only brand speaker that will go wire for wire are the mtx's .2 way speaker..
Old 05-23-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

there were two colored wires in each sail panel. I just took these two wires and wired them straight to the new speakers.

Was there suppose to be more than two wires or what?

Also, I did not use the crossover that came with the infiniti's.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
I recently installed some infiniti's 6.5's in my sail's. They are the 62.7i. I have the stock monsoon headunit. It seems like there is too much bass right behind my seat. It rattles a little. Is this a good speaker to use or was it a waste of money?

If I use some kind of sound detening(dynomat) material behind the speakers, will this help with the sound or what?

Please someone help. Thanks!!!
Yes, Infiniti is one of the best you can buy. Did you buy them new or used? I ran MB Quarts 6.5 components up front and 6.5 for rear (back seat). You cant go wrong with MB Quart or Infinity. The dynomat will stop the rattles, and it can be bought at just about any electronics store. Start with the dynomat and see if this resolves your problem. Keep the infinitys, you cant go wrong!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your problem is a rattle you dont need to replace the speaker. Infinitys are good enough for the stock monsoon. Using matting will take care of your rattles. Look at other brands besides dynamat to save money.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Did you run the wire going to your far rear 4 inch speakers to the tweeter input on the 62.7i or are you just using the woofer input and not using the tweeter. I noticed the 62.7i was bright when right behind my head, but I didn't notice too much bass...I did add sound deadening in the hole though and I hear no rattles. I also have the front and rear fader set to slightly more front and sounded much better.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

I just used the two wires that I took off the stock ac delco speaker and spliced it into the new infiniti speaker. I think i will try some dynamat or something similiar and see what it does.
Im assuming I have the monsoon setup. Im not sure though now.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

The signal that goes to the sail panel speakers is only bass, it's crossed over in the monsoon amp. I don't think you will get great sound out of the infinitys without some rewiring. You are better off replacing those with a set of small subs if you want to retain the monsoon amp. I'm not infinity bashing as I have them in my sails as well, just aftermarket amped, and wired for highs.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

I've thought about that. But I dont want alot of bass, just something that sounds good.