Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Door Chime

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Door Chime

Could someone help me out .. Ive done a search and cannot find anything ... I want to turn that damn door chime that come on when u have the keys in the ignition and the door open ....
Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

lol undo the dash under the steering wheel and look for the little dox that looks like this..

then yank it out and throw it at your house then spit on it and cuss at it then put it in your garage until you go to sell the car.. at least thats what i did
Old 02-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy
lol undo the dash under the steering wheel and look for the little dox that looks like this..

then yank it out and throw it at your house then spit on it and cuss at it then put it in your garage until you go to sell the car.. at least thats what i did
Sorry...no. Unlike your 94, the chime in late model 4th generation f-bodies is built-in to the BCM. The only way to disable it (short of doing surgery on the BCM) is to disable the inputs. The same chime is used for all the various audible warnings - ignition key, lights on, seat belt, etc.

You don't want to disable the door open switches because that will affect the RAP circuit. If you just want to disable the ignition key warning then the best way is to disconnect the light green wire in the blue 32-pin connector at the BCM (there are two light green wires - you want the one in the row closest to the connector's locking tab). This will disable the key warning chime but it will also disable the lockout prevention circuit so be careful not to lock your keys in your car.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you shut the car off the pull the key out a little bit. oh my 94 thats how i do it.??
Old 02-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by 94CamaroLT1
when you shut the car off the pull the key out a little bit. oh my 94 thats how i do it.??
Yes, you're right but I think he's talking about leaving the key in the ACCY position to run the sound system with the doors open.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well thats gay..
Old 02-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Yes, you're right but I think he's talking about leaving the key in the ACCY position to run the sound system with the doors open.
Yea sometimes Im messing around and would like to hear the radio without that sound .... Thanks for the help White Brid ...
Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh just turn the key back and rip on it as hard as you can haha!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there is a modification on the FAQ for adding a switch to disable/enable the door chime. Looks really simple to do.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by Blacker
I believe there is a modification on the FAQ for adding a switch to disable/enable the door chime. Looks really simple to do.
I remember that one - it even had pictures. It's doesn't seem to be in the FAQ anymore and I couldn't find it with a search. It was basically the same thing except instead of just disconnecting the light green wire he added a switch inline so he could disable the key warning only when he needed to.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
I remember that one - it even had pictures. It's doesn't seem to be in the FAQ anymore and I couldn't find it with a search. It was basically the same thing except instead of just disconnecting the light green wire he added a switch inline so he could disable the key warning only when he needed to.
YES ... that was the one ... I remember seeing it a couple of years ago ... I was just bored and it seemed like an easy mod to do ... plus I like all the hidden details of a car ...

Quick Reply: Door Chime