Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote window?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Remote window?

i saw a 350z at the winghouse and when the guy locked his car the windows rolled up. Now thats cool..

anyone on here have that? where did you get it and how much?
Old 04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So....the guy turns off his car with his windows down, is too lazy to roll up the windows, so he gets out...and uses the remote kill 2 birds with one stone, locking the car and putting the windows up. is that necessary?

But to answer your question, I haven't heard of that - and it might be difficult to rig this up yourself I think since locking the car doesn't provide a constant remote signal somewhere long enough that could be used to activate a relay that allows power to the window motors. You'd also have to find a way then to stop the window once it is at the top - so this would have to be activated long enough for the window to get from fully open to fully closed unless there is some way of sensing when it's at the top..

Actually if you can figure out how the automatic window down thing works (like when you hold the driver's side window down and then release it before it goes down and it goes down until it stops) then you might be able to apply that technique in the reverse direction to put the windows up.

Or hopefully someone has a better answer.

EDIT: also, you might not want your windows to go up every time you do this so you'd have to be able to disable it with a switch or something.

Last edited by fredmr39; 04-07-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Not Necessary..but nice.... Your first paragraph was " Not Necessary " though.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fredmr39
So....the guy turns off his car with his windows down, is too lazy to roll up the windows, so he gets out...and uses the remote kill 2 birds with one stone, locking the car and putting the windows up. is that necessary?
yes it is

i'm gonna do this too when i get around to it.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/expresswindow.htm
Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pfyc.com has a kit like that for the Vette. I called and they said it would not work on an fbody.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did they say why? Is there an electronics difference or something? a guy at big 10 tires told me my wheels weren't corvette wheels

I'll check out the site though, thanks guy.

thanks for the info, any more input guys?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any alarm shop can install that. I forgot what its called but here locally it costs $180 to install on two windows. it is a universal modulator that they set according to your car. it will work with anything electronic. You can even set it to your headlights to go up or down if you wanted. Just go to the best alarm shop around your area and tell them you want your windows to roll themselves up when you lock your car.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I've heard of people installing a DEI 530t module to provide auto up and down for both the driver and passenger windows.

After that, I'm not sure what to install/modify to get the windows to auto-up on lock.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

In this thread WS6Store considers making a kit for express down:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/533953-passenger-side-window-express-down-feature.html
(on page #2, post #21, Trojan35 mentions using a 519T to provide remote auto-down)

Here is another thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/548860-i-have-plan-need-some-help.html

Some alarm systems also provide the auto up on lock.

I found these instructions on the second page of the first thread above:
http://www.directechs.com/guides/man...N530T_1-00.pdf
On page #5 it says:
"H2/4 ORANGE (-) Ground-When-Armed: Connect this wire to the (-) ground-when-armed output of the
security system. This wire can also be connected to an auxiliary channel of the security system to roll the
windows up."
Whitebird00 has some input on this as well:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/531221-dei-530t.html
I don't know how to correctly wire that up since the module wants a ground and I think the BCM signal is a positive. Maybe some sort or backwards relay that switches the ground side instead of positive or can you get a pulsed ground from the BCM?

Last edited by VIP1; 04-08-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

a guy down the street from me has a kit from autoloc (i think) and you can program it to do nearly anything.. he can roll up/down his windows either side, start it up, unlock doors obliously.. i think he said there are 8 diffrent functions you can program per key pad... its on his silverado..