Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 04-28-2016, 07:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

93 camaro, BOSE system, Wiring HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 camaro, BOSE system, Wiring HELP

I bought my camaro from some guy who messed up the wiring pretty bad, but did manage to get his after market cd player hooked up and working. He removed his before the sale so i was forced to install my own. I've installed many CD players and systems and this one is kicking my A**. I'm pretty sure it has the BOSE upgrade or whatever, says it on stock head unit. I purchased wiring harness (correct one) and soldered each wire correctly. First problem i faced was the fuse was missing, replaced it and now CD player turns on and plays CDs. Problem is that their is no sound coming out of any speakers!!!!! The door speakers are brand new ($150). ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYTHING...............PLZ HELP
Old 03-11-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

run new speakers wire straight to the speakers or figure out if the bose amp is blown or what. or maybe the bose amps arent turnin on
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

there is only one bose amp and it runs the "subwoofer" in the rear hatch. the rest of the speakers (i think there are only 2 other ones...) are run off of the head unit. maybe that will help.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crows93Z
there is only one bose amp and it runs the "subwoofer" in the rear hatch. the rest of the speakers (i think there are only 2 other ones...) are run off of the head unit. maybe that will help.
There's also an amp behind the passenger side sail panel, next to the rear set.

Not sure if it's just for the sail panel speakers, all of them, or some other combination of them. But I would check that out as well.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

Amazing amount of incorrect information about Bose systems here.

The Bose system was the premium audio option on Camaros only between 93 and 96. It was available in a 3-speaker configuration and a 5-speaker configuration. Both versions had full-range door speakers and a subwoofer mounted in the left rear hatch area. The 5-speaker version had sail panel mid-range speakers as well. The system used a special head unit that output low-level, high-impedance signal to individual amps attached to each of the speakers. None of the speakers were connected directly to the HU. The individual amps powered low-impedance speakers wired with a common ground setup (almost all other modern systems use floating ground).

The amp in the right side sail panel below the speaker (next to the rear seat cushion) was only used in the Firebird premium audio system which was a 10-speaker system very similar to the Monsoon.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 PM

i am having a similar problem, i have the 5 bose system and i put in 4 new type r speakers, a 3000 watt power ackoustic amp, a kenwood head unit and 2 12' type r subs. WHen i the radio is on i get sound to all the speakers but like barely any power to the subs. However when i put in a cd or a dvd i get NO sound to any of the speakers but full power to the subs. I kno the factory bose amp has to come out but then where do i go from there? i checked all the wires and connections and they are all done right in the back of the head unit and i checked and played with all the settings on the radio and still nothing, any advice would be much appreciated, i've done many systems but this one is giving me and my friends major problems
Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Teching In

mine does the same thing, i have the 3 speaker setup (i think) when i put a cd in NO SOUND????

and can i hook up 2 more speakers in the sail panels?

also how do i be sure that im not supposed to have the 5 speaker system??
Old 07-08-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you hookedup power antenna wire instead of amp turn on wire
Old 07-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Maybe the amp remote. That's my guess

Quick Reply: 93 camaro, BOSE system, Wiring HELP