Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

So my Z got the $hit scratched out of it last night...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Angry So my Z got the $hit scratched out of it last night...

So im waking up today getting ready to get my day started and I notice what looks like three scratches going across my hood... weird, I thought maybe something came in contact with it and it was just dust or something. Upon closer inspection I notice that they are definitely scratches. At this point i'm not a happy camper. I take a stroll around my car and when i get to the driver side... Yup, there they are, scratches running from just behind the gas door all along the length of my driver side, rear fender, door, front fender, and finishing off nicely across my hood. I just laugh and shake my head. Someone took their finger nails and went to town on my car. Scratches go from 3 to 4 and even to 5 in some places, definitely a human hand with hard fake acrylic finger nails. Some scratches are pretty deep. I washed my car yesterday afternoon and the paint was flawless. Now my car was parked in 3 places last night: 1. Sports Park, while I caught my brothers softball game, passenger side against curb, right at entrance. 2. GF's house for a few hours, again passenger side against curb. 3. My house, we have a pretty long driveway and my car is parked right next to my room, this would have definitely been the riskiest and least likely. So I think it happened at the sports park. Motivation? My buddy told me my ex gf was back in town on thurs, next day my car gets the **** scratched out of it by acrylic fingernails... hmmmm, Im not a rocket scientist, but I think I know who probably did it. To answer the obvious questions that will be asked, no I didn't cheat on her, we've been broken up for about 4 months. Only reason for her to be pissed is im dating someone new. So now what is my gameplan? Report to insurance on monday? I can try and buff them out myself with my porter cable but I want to wait. Could I ask for my car to be repainted? It was just resprayed about 1 year ago, and then wetsanded and buffed by gofast908z. Paint was pretty nice, until this. If any of you have experience with insurance and sctratched/keyed cars please chime in. Questions, comments, or suggestions are welcomed, thanks for any help guys.

-Elvis

Last edited by Blk98ls1; 05-14-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that sucks man - bitch be trippin' hard. Hope you get that sorted out!
Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Holy hell that is terrible
Old 05-14-2011, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a ****.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

I really don't thin those will buff out man those are deep,I say try to get some type of proof of who did it and call insurance company that really sucks someone did this to my ss spoiler at school and I sanded it down and buffed and buffed and if anything there worse than before!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh hell no I would be pissed. Hope you find out who did it and can get it fixed
Old 05-14-2011, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

dang.. that sucks!! i'd be pissed.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah its pretty upsetting. Oh well, I'm just going to make a positive out of a negative. Is there anyway to make sure that they respray the car if they are indeed to deep to buff out? If they do decide to repaint will they respray the entire car or just the body panels affected? Since 65% of the car is affected it would be right for them to do the entire thing right? Anyone with any experience in insurance work or thats dealt with this please chime in! Thanks guys.

-Elvis
Old 05-14-2011, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93BlackZ28
What a ****.
+1 that's really fucked up. You might be able to get your insurance to repaint it with a deductable. Hope you get it taken care of man =\
Old 05-14-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn Elvis, that sucks. I'd be on a war path if that happened to me. I hope you get this fixed ASAP and not have to look back.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about someone damaging your paint. If you can catch your fingernail on the scratch it won't buff out.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the replies guys, I just checked and my fingernail didn't really catch. God willing I'll be able to buff it out myself and not have to pay any sort of deductible. Part of me wishes they would have really f'd it up and the only option would be a repaint. Leave it up to a sorry excuse for a human being to do a half assed job, whoever it was. For all I know it could have been just a random person hating. Oh well, I'm going at this with a positive attitude. I can't change what happened, only what will happen from here on out.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

i dont think those scratches are from finger nails. if you look at the picture with the door you can see where it hit metal. also as far as insurance you can claim it against your own but youll have to pay the detectable. id just pay for it out of pocket since your deductible would go towards the paint anyways and you wouldnt have a claim against your insurance. also you can try to text your ex (best method) and see if she had anything to do with it, if she says any smart comment that could even remotely be linked to it you can take it to court and use the conversation as a form of self incrimination.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear that.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

From the pics it doesnt look that deep. You can probably buff it out. Adams Polishes Porter cable buffer kit will do the trick or at least make it a lot better. Use the swirl haze remover or Use the severe swirl and haze remover, works wonders!! Ive been detailing for several years and Ive fixed scratches like that. If its deeper than the base coat then you will have to repaint or touch up at a body shop.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

that sucks
Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i hear **** like this every now and then... it pisses me off. i just dont get why people damage cars.. I would much rather have some one try and damage my face than go up to my car behind my back and **** with it.. It makes me wish my car was a transformer, you lay a hand on it and bang! laser beam right through the face! take that ************!! ........................

sorry to hear man hope things work out and gets fixed soon
Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts

I love finding random scratches and dings on my black car. Those look like they will definitely buff out though, could have been a 5 year old. The other morning a squirrel dropped a plum on my roof setting the alarm off.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Teching In

dude its keys inbetween the fingers. kinda like wolverine but not. i witnessed someone do that to my ride... you got the choice to take it to any shop you want. if you find a floppy body shop you can get them to hike the price so you get new paint too.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Looks like wolverine atacked your car, That or an ex girlfriend !! Sucks both ways

Quick Reply: So my Z got the $hit scratched out of it last night...