Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

H.I.D Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H.I.D Fog Lights

Ima try an make this short as possible I'm planning on getting hid's in both my headlights and fogs but have herd a lot about melting the housings with are stock lenses I ask some ppl they say they never experienced anything like that an others said it happened in as little as weeks so if I were to get them how do I stop it from melting my fog light housings
Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM

The Hids run hot. I've put them in glass lens lights and had an issue with the anti fog coatings hazing due to heat. Found a thread that showed how to remove this coating using paint stripper and viola! The lights work great now. I would look for glass lenses and then go hid...
Old 09-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanx
Old 09-27-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

dude, not to be rude, but freaking try the search first, this VERY EXACT SAME THING has 2 threads both less then 3 weeks old in this section. Also don't be "one of those guys", HID's in the stock fogs are BLINDING to on coming traffic, see this picture of just one working HID fog light (in the drivers side fog) and see the glare it throws EVERYWHERE, I put these in and immediately decided to never run the fogs if there was another car around.

to give you an idea, the wall on the right side of the picture that is lit from the fog is only about 8 feet off from the car and a few feet forward of the car before the light hits it.
Attached Thumbnails H.I.D Fog Lights-img_20130513_230012_956.jpg   H.I.D Fog Lights-img_20130513_230025_556.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

wait a second, one of those threads was YOURS, what are you doing reposting the SAME thing 10 days later, you got your answer already in that thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...s-melting.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...fog-lamps.html

FYI creating a thread the same as one you already have is a good way to get banned.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

I feel like I just got jumped by a pack or wolfs lol I mentioned in a earlier post I was new to the site am didn't know how to check the older post forgive me! But thanx for the input about it being to glare... I just felt having hid in the heads and having stock dim lights in fogs is like wearing Mitch match socks... So ill take that into consideration
Old 09-28-2013, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

you basically have 3 choices:
1. keep stock halogens (cheapest)
2. go LED for fogs (no heat issue and can find ones to match 6000k HID, but would only be for looks as output is crap)
3. if hid melting is a concern or happens find a factory set of 93-97 T/A glass fogs and swap the mounts over to bolt them to your car.

this was covered in the previous threads and FYI even if you have trouble with the search function all you had to do was browse this section, both of the threads where on the second page.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Technically, putting HID in those Halogen Reflector Headlights will be just as bad as putting HID in those Halogen Reflector Fog Lights. There will be glare. Headlights and Fog Lights. Both will glare.

If you want the best output and not blind others, get HID Projectors. BLS (a sponsor) sells a kit. If that price is too steep for you, you can assemble your own custom setup.

There are plenty of threads in the Lighting FAQ.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html

Quick Reply: H.I.D Fog Lights