Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Is it posing to put on SS badges

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005 | 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

do it just to **** off the weiners that think they have something special just becuase their car says SS on it

if someone asks you "what car do you have?" say that "i have an SS camaro" if someone asks you if it is a real one or not say no it is not, dont bother telling people its a clone its just wasted breath
Old 11-02-2005 | 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stryker14
First let me say that you can do whatever you would like with your car up until the point you try to make a financial gain by lying about the cars true identity. I have seen it way too many times where people will badge and buy the neccessary body parts and then sell it as something it is not from the factory. Selling it as a clone is one thing but saying it is something it is not is another.
In my opinion I dont see the fascination on badging a car as something it is not from the factory. Is the emblem that much nicer looking or the fact that you want people to think it is something that it really isnt? If it makes you sleep better at night then by all means, I am sure the SS guys are running out there doors right now to pull off their emblems and slap on some Z28 ones instead.
I completely agree. Do whatever the hell you want to your car as long as you aren't trying to rip someone off who doesn't know any better. Like stated before, I added the ram air hood and CF badge because I liked the way that it looked. I wish that I would have known about the WS-9 hood before I bought the WS-6 hood, but too late now, and I still would have added the emblem an the back because the CF looks bad *** on a black car. Just when asked, don't lie about it and say that it is a true SS or WS-6 or whatever.
Old 11-02-2005 | 09:21 PM
Banned

Must be a great girl you got there.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cop Car
do it just to **** off the weiners that think they have something special just becuase their car says SS on it
(Scarcastic voice on)Yep, it's SOOO not that special that you should go ahead and pretend you have a real one. (scarcastic voice off)

Old 11-02-2005 | 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Louie83
WTF people!!! There is something much bigger going on here that every single damn one of you missed.

You didn't seriously buy your girlfriend a car did you? What is wrong with people these days....

By girlfriend i mean wife/baby's momma and yes the car is in my name. seems like its a love/hate issue.
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:48 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Dude its your car (or hers...) put on what you want...If it fools someone,thats their problem...I own an SS and don't have a problem with it...I don't see why someone would want to re-badge a car but,if its what you want go for it...I think most SS owners should just take it as a compliment,I do.Most people out there don't even know the difference between a Firebird and a Camaro period.Or that they are basically the same car!

Personally I like the idea of the classic styled Z28 emblems...they look real sharp.But again,its you all's choice.

As for the weiner comment?

Man...you sure sound bitter about something.Or you are just fishing for an "internet fight" from someone on a thread that isn't even yours...Lets try to not let this dude's thread get locked.

I say do what you like concerning the badges,especially if it keeps you "warmer in bed" at night with the GF/wife !
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:51 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Hey dude,just noticed your from the Valley (Laredo here)...going to be passing by there on my way to Brownsville to drop off some family members...Gonna keep an eye out for that WS6 of yours...Laters!
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by josh99ta
The car is a Z28, not an SS. It's a no-go IMO. Having the hood and spoiler are fine, but it's not an SS so why label it as one? You may not claim it to be a true SS, but you are telling the world that it is one by the badges. I think some old school Z/28 badges set of an SS hooded/spoilered car much better anyway.
Agreed.

Also, tell her to be happy. You BOUGHT a Z28 for her!
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

I have the SS appearance stuff on my Z28, but *I* would never consider rebadging it. It isn't an SS, and there's no reason for people to think it is.
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:06 PM

It's like a boob job. It's meant for the 99.99993%
who'll never get to squeeze 'em. But don't try to
lie to the squeezer, you'll only embarass yourself.
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:15 PM
Launching!

GM built around 20,000 Z/28s in 1969. There are about 50,000 "real" Z/28s running around today.

Looks like the 4th gen SS will be suffering the same fate.

With that being said, it's your car so do as you please. While it's true that the SS isn't much more than an apperance package, some sway bars, a power steering cooler, and a few other SLP options (if ordered) it was built by GM that way, and they should be kept that way, IMHO. Most people in the know realize an SS isn't faster than a Z/28 stock for stock ('cept maybe with SLP lid/dual dual if ordered, but we're splitting hairs here) so why say it's an SS if it isn't?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Z/28, if I had one, I would get some old school Z badges, or possibly the "Z06" style Z/28 badges, and a VFN sunoco hood.

Last edited by Ralphy g-Machine; 11-02-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2005 | 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
It's like a boob job. It's meant for the 99.99993%
who'll never get to squeeze 'em. But don't try to
lie to the squeezer, you'll only embarass yourself.
Very well stated
Old 11-03-2005 | 05:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

i own a SS and i see both views, personally i wouldnt do it to my car if it was me. but at the same time im not gonna get mad if someone does it.

to each his/HER own. be happy with what YOU want, not us
Old 11-03-2005 | 05:44 AM
Launching!

Thumbs down

Might as well get a ws9 hood and slap a Trans am logo on it. No different than a 89 civic with type R logos imo.
Old 11-03-2005 | 05:56 AM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by dplanet21
I have an 02 Ca Highway Patrol which came with an SS engine (LS6 manifold, and an aluminum head). I have SS wheels, leather interior, SS spoiler, and hood. I have the SS emblems on it...
All of them have LS1 engines, with alumin heads and blocks!

...I have the SSP package that includes better suspension than an SS...
I don't think so buddy. My SS came with 35mm front/21mm rear swaybars, with Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, and BF Goodrich G-Force KD tires. So I HIGHLY doubt any police package came with anything near it. I know they have budgets they have to deal with.

...When you graduate from law school and pass the bar, you are now a lawyer, right?...
What the hell are you talking about? You HAVE to go to law school to be one, is there ANY other way? Thats the way it is!

...I am new to this site and cant figure it out...
...well WELCOME TO LS1TECH.com!!!

Originally Posted by stryker14
First let me say that you can do whatever you would like with your car up until the point you try to make a financial gain by lying about the cars true identity. I have seen it way too many times where people will badge and buy the neccessary body parts and then sell it as something it is not from the factory. Selling it as a clone is one thing but saying it is something it is not is another...
Somone with some damn sense around here!

Here it is real simple:

REAL SS = FROM SLP! PERIOD!

NOT REAL = CLONE! PERIOD!

SO WHAT!

If the car is a V6 Camaro then BITCH, if the person is trying to make a few more bucks by selling a clone at a SS price BITCH!
It's not like he's putting Vette badges on a truck, which I have seen! lol

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-03-2005 | 10:40 AM
On The Tree

I put an SS hood and spoiler on my Z but I like my Chrome Z28 emblems better. A Z28 is a Camaro no doubt but an SS is all kinds of things.
Old 11-03-2005 | 10:44 AM
Teching In

BLASHPHEMY!!!

j/k If you like it, go for it, just don't call it an SS

More importantly, DO NOT try and sell it as an SS. Either pull the badges, or mare darn sure the buyer knows it's a poser Z
Old 11-03-2005 | 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Just go and buy both. I did!

To that dude that said his susp is better then any SS better wake up. My car has the best suspension thats SLP/GM issue. To bad its getting thrown out LOL. Koni's are way to damn stiff for this already noisy car. Plus I want a lower stance w/ adjustability.

To the dude that posted this thread, If its gonna get you laid some more DO IT!!! Thats all I got to say.
Old 11-03-2005 | 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you got the hood and you got the spoiler then get the badges, then it will just run like a ss that needs a air filter really bad. Unless it is modded then they would never know the diffirence and if Mustangs can do it that so should F-bodies.
Old 11-03-2005 | 04:25 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Wooooh, I am releived. If that is all that is missing, I am ok with that. You just made my point for me.

You say you are from in a 12 second club. But if your car was not built stock as a 12 second car, then your a clone.

If you are OK with being a 12 second clone, then I am Ok with being an SS clone. Do we have a deal?

If we dont, I will have to petition Chevy for a new vin muber and that other stuff on my door.
Will this post win the award for weakest arguement of the year? Tune in next time and see!

That makes zero sense. An SS is an SS because SLP takes the cars in and converts them, and because of SLP doing it, they get a build number. Without that build number, your car is just a clone. If you're OK with having a clone, so be it, but call it what it is. It's not an SS, plain and simple. Seems like basic concept comprehension. Were you a kindergarten drop out?

Tell me, how is this any different than ricers slapping "Type R" badges on things. Sure Type R Civics and Integras were offered, but they didn't buy a real one. It makes no sense to me why you'd want to misrepresent what a car is. No shame in it being a Z28.

Quick Reply: Is it posing to put on SS badges