Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics and build up of my new 2000 LS-1 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
haha that CAI is cracking me up.
agreed. not to be mean but i just looked at the pic and read the comments and startede laughing
Old 01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by michaelg589
That is the worst "CAI" I have ever seen dude. Buy a new lid and a K&N filter. And for God's sake man, clean under your hood. GROSS!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01350ss
ummm did you ever think about water intake?!?!
I'd stay away from puddles and rainy day driving if I were you. If you've ever noticed the kind of debris that can collect in that area just from daily driving, you'd know that you're asking for trouble with the location of your intake, fwiw. Good luck with the rest of your mods.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys scared him away

but seriously, that intake is horrible
Old 01-03-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

Default Nah, I'm still here

I'm here, I've been working on the exhaust of the car. (custom "y" pipe) And yeah, if yall don't like the looks of the CAI, the you really won't like the integra spoiler ductaped to the back with the straight tubbing exhaust ran through it.

The CAI is staying, just got to go back and clean it up.

Picking up a slowmaster tommorow, and yeah, I got it out of a junkyard also!!!!! FREEBIE!!!!

FRIDAY, she will be !cats with slowmaster, and I'll get the wideband O2 sensor in the exhaust and start tunning. I got one of the RK Sport spoilers in today!

She blew a fuse for for the fuel pump today, so I covered it with chewing gum wrapper until I can get to the junk yard and get some fueses. j/k

I know, I'm making yall , but it's fun! On with the build!

Moss
Old 01-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Default Smart@$$...

Dude what are you doing to that poor car. Here...sell it to someone who likes the car enough to take care of it and can save it. And go to a junkyard, back woods dealership and get your self another Honda. People on here weren't bashing you for what you did they were trying to save you from having to replace the motor...but no...you had to be a smart ***. Now the bashing starts...dumbass. I don't have alot of money right now to do the stuff to my car that I want, but I'm not gonna put any cheap @$$ FREE retard crap on my car to ruin it. By the way...flowmasters sound like **** on LS1s IMO.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

Default dumbass

You should have put a comma after Dude in your first sentence, and use proper english mechanics when you call someone else a dumbass, cause sentences doesn't start with AND!

As far as the CAI, I appreciate the comments, negative or positive, I didn't try to sugarcoat this , I put it on strickly for functionality. I want the coldest air possible, and the smoothest transaction from point A to B, and this is what I done.

There is no way in hell a company would even attempt to make a unit like this, cause I could see it now....

STEP 1. Grab saw-zall and cut radiator support.

Not even happening, so don't even compare this to anything on the market.

The K&N was cleaned before installation, and it's a 4" cone unit, plenty big enough.

As far as hydrolocking, I'm not going there.

I didn't make this to start a war or ask people for a poll "should I keep this or not", if you don't like it, it's ok. I've seen several things that people do to their cars, and I think it look like also, so be it. Opinions are like 's, everyone has one. It is my car, if I want to burn it, so be it. I'll set it on fire and roast marshmellows, and post pics of it.

Yeah, it's not pretty, I wasn't trying to make it pretty, I'm playing with the VE tables on my laptop to try and see the differences that the CIA made on the car, hell if a LID or throttle body coolant bypass of all things makes a difference, the I know this is got to make a difference.

Flowmasters suck, but I'm not going to purchase a new muffler to replace it with a turbo later. Free flowmaster is better than stock junk.

The motor has been washed too.

Once I get the "y" on there, I'll start tuning and we'll see what happens at the strip. Maybe the CAI will get us in the 10's.

Moss
Old 01-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoss69
You should have put a comma after Dude in your first sentence, and use proper english mechanics when you call someone else a dumbass, cause sentences doesn't start with AND!

As far as the CAI, I appreciate the comments, negative or positive, I didn't try to sugarcoat this , I put it on strickly for functionality. I want the coldest air possible, and the smoothest transaction from point A to B, and this is what I done.

There is no way in hell a company would even attempt to make a unit like this, cause I could see it now....

STEP 1. Grab saw-zall and cut radiator support.

Not even happening, so don't even compare this to anything on the market.

The K&N was cleaned before installation, and it's a 4" cone unit, plenty big enough.

As far as hydrolocking, I'm not going there.

I didn't make this to start a war or ask people for a poll "should I keep this or not", if you don't like it, it's ok. I've seen several things that people do to their cars, and I think it look like also, so be it. Opinions are like 's, everyone has one. It is my car, if I want to burn it, so be it. I'll set it on fire and roast marshmellows, and post pics of it.

Yeah, it's not pretty, I wasn't trying to make it pretty, I'm playing with the VE tables on my laptop to try and see the differences that the CIA made on the car, hell if a LID or throttle body coolant bypass of all things makes a difference, the I know this is got to make a difference.

Flowmasters suck, but I'm not going to purchase a new muffler to replace it with a turbo later. Free flowmaster is better than stock junk.

The motor has been washed too.

Once I get the "y" on there, I'll start tuning and we'll see what happens at the strip. Maybe the CAI will get us in the 10's.

Moss
My flowmater caused me to loose power over the stock muffler...
Old 01-04-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

man yall are harsh, give it to him for making something; hell I've been close to trying the same thing before. If he cleaned it up, took off the hacked up lid,made a different radiator support, and painted it black it would look fine. I bet it works...ever looked at a c5 air intake? same concept
but I do have to agree that it looks like ****, but hey, i've seen **** go really damn fast before
Old 01-04-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

and the forum has reached a new low......

i like his tuning skills

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...70#post6159170

seriously, back away from the car
Old 01-04-2007, 06:50 PM
317indy

ROFLMFAO, this guy belongs in a honda...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seriously dude... I'm all for saving money. However, I'm very very **** about modifications being oem quality in fit/finish/performance or better.

What you've done is horrid. SO when you paint it are you getting the $200 Macco special?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Before you MOD any more.......Please clean the Engine Bay first so nothing gets contaminated......
Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Default ummmm, yeah...

ok...I'm not gonna bash you any further cause that would be mean. But if you're gonna correct me on my grammer and spelling, then you sure as hell better not make any mistakes in you replies. Maybe you should go back and re-read some of the stuff you typed. AND, AND, AND...did you say you are hoping to make it into the 10's with that CAI , some tunning, and some exhaust work...with the way that thing looks you'de be lucky to make it to the track. What you might want to invest in is some scheduled maintaince. Being a cop car I doubt it got very many oil changes. Just my opinions....as you so eligantly put it. But by cutting that radiator support I think you really weakened the sctructural integrity of that car....DON'T HIT ANYTHING!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Banned

Default oh well......

Got the grille in today!

That's should at least get me into the low 10's due to the air flow through it. That is if I cut out the styrofoam behind the bumper cover to let the air flow through the holes directly to the CAI!

That is, if my tranny holds together right.....

Woohoo!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
you guys scared him away

but seriously, that intake is horrible

Hahah I was going to say the same thing.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Launching!

well...its gonna take alot more to get in the low 10's but good luck just the same.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys need to cut him a break, he got jumped on for something stupid. I'm willing to bet his CAI is pretty functional, although not the best in the rain. With the tuning, well, people have to start somewhere. How about he gets cut a break and try some constructive comments!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

this thread is spreading to other forums.

why flowmaster and i agree the CAI looks real ghetto.

Quick Reply: Pics and build up of my new 2000 LS-1 Camaro