Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Toyota Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles For Sticking Accelerator Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TT632
The whole RAV4 was one big quality escape. With mine being a 100% Japanese built vehicle they really can't claim it's an American supplier issue. The crazy thing is it has great resale value and I'll be able to afford a 2 year old HHR when I sell it. Thank you Consumer Report and the brain dead Toyota consumers!
Some people love them. I hate them, they are so damn small, light, and the 4wd fails so hard on them. lol
Old 02-11-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbum
Lol, because Toyota threatened to leave Georgetown if the UAW stepped in, my stepfather was a supervisor there that got that helped get the plant started. Toyota will not work with the UAW, they will shut down operations and go under first.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Not such a bad thing. Not a big fan of Unions.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Question Toyota Tacoma recalled as well?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35372655/ns/business-autos/
Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jim1450
You really believe that?
What about all those years with NUMMI?
If they organized Georgetown I dont think there would be real big changes, pay & benefits are good which is usually the hardest thing to settle.

How about those Tacoma & Prius reacalls?
Tacoma recalls are on US made products (Dana) :O

also another note, on the toyota all weather floormat recall... the new "improved" design SUCKS. they are so skinny and have no where to store snow, water, etc. thats what people get for bitching and stacking floormats. lol! and it says in big letters on the mats "DO NOT STACK THESE MATS"
Old 02-13-2010, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ThoR294
Tacoma recalls are on US made products
Doesn't matter if it's on the U.S. made or Japan made or Mexican made or Vietnamese made models...for YEARS all we've heard about is how much superior those cars (and trucks) supposedly were. The nutswingers were often VERY quick and clear to also point out that even American made Toyotas (and Hondas etc.) were far superior to other American made vehicles and no different in quality from their imported ones so let's not pull out that 'built in the U.S. versus built in Japan' card now.
They either build a flawless vehicle or they don't.
Ya can't have it both ways.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.mycarstats.com/reports/recalls.aspx

just saying
Old 02-13-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

2,186 ford recalls... damn :O
Old 02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Wow 344 for Mercedes, they must be junk.

Why dont you 2 go hang out here instead?
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/

i guess the must be i mean toyota must be a peice of **** cause they got under 600... and for being the worlds leading auto manufacture and only having under 600 recalls they really must suck... i mean hell ford/chevy/dodge cant sell **** and they had like 10 times the amount of recalls... now to me who has a better product?

awwwww da pooor baby butt hurt... i am just tossing out facts my friend facts... there is a reason toyota has a good reputation....... maybe thats it hell i dont know... i just work for them..

and for what its worth... i own 2 gm's ... if i didnt get these 2 cars for a STEAL.. i would be driving a tundra and a supra..... but i got a silverado and a camaro.... damn me... i should go hang myself
Old 02-13-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

"Street racing is not drag racing"

I lold. Someone is mad cause foreign car manufacturers are taking over.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
i guess the must be i mean toyota must be a peice of **** cause they got under 600... and for being the worlds leading auto manufacture and only having under 600 recalls they really must suck... i mean hell ford/chevy/dodge cant sell **** and they had like 10 times the amount of recalls... now to me who has a better product?

awwwww da pooor baby butt hurt... i am just tossing out facts my friend facts... there is a reason toyota has a good reputation.......
Maybe true.
But that still doesn't change the fact that their 'supposedly' good reputation is now HORRIBLY and permanently tarnished now does it?
And please, when stating those facts that you seem to be so fond of just be sure not to forget (or selectively omit) all of that current bad press as well as the even more recent additions of Prius and Tacoma issues/recalls.

Someone is mad cause foreign car manufacturers are taking over.
Nah, I'm not nearly as upset about them taking over as I am about my fellow American citizens being so damned overjoyed, almost proud even, about it happening.
I suppose you take great pleasure in seeing your local high school football team get slaughtered in a game on the field too?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Nah, I'm not nearly as upset about them taking over as I am about my fellow American citizens being so damned overjoyed, almost proud even, about it happening.
I suppose you take great pleasure in seeing your local high school football team get slaughtered in a game on the field too?
Im upset that GM let it happen to themselves. Im not overjoyed about it, but its the truth. Toyota makes a great car now, and people love them. Like ive said before, I'd drive any domestic car in the 60s or hell even the 70s over any car out there right now. I have a 79 toronado that rides so well. It floats, and its badass in the snow... granted it sucks gas, but its a CAR. its made out of metal, not shitty plastic. They dont make **** like they used to
Old 02-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im upset that GM let it happen to themselves. Im not overjoyed about it, but its the truth. Toyota makes a great car now, and people love them. Like ive said before, I'd drive any domestic car in the 60s or hell even the 70s over any car out there right now. I have a 79 toronado that rides so well. It floats, and its badass in the snow... granted it sucks gas, but its a CAR. its made out of metal, not shitty plastic. They dont make **** like they used to
Anyone who loves a Toyota (exclude Supra, pre-1999 MR2, etc.) generally isn't someone that "loves" cars. They drive a car because they have to. I'd rather rather watch paint dry onto grass that's growing than drive a soulless, boring turd. Toyota's are the automotive equivalent of a Ben Stein character.

I for one am glad to see their dusty skeletons coming out of closet since becoming the #1 automaker.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:40 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by justin455
Anyone who loves a Toyota (exclude Supra, pre-1999 MR2, etc.) generally isn't someone that "loves" cars. They drive a car because they have to. I'd rather rather watch paint dry onto grass that's growing than drive a soulless, boring turd. Toyota's are the automotive equivalent of a Ben Stein character.

I for one am glad to see their dusty skeletons coming out of closet since becoming the #1 automaker.
I mean, '99 Malibu's and '94 Lumina minivans were exciting and all, but I think that's going a bit far.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:42 AM
***Repost Police***

If they never made a man's car, why did you exclude two models? Chevy had the Corvette, and the Camaro. That's it.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I mean, '99 Malibu's and '94 Lumina minivans were exciting and all, but I think that's going a bit far.
Seriously? Of the small handful of exciting cars they're made in the past 20 years, only the Supra would surprise me if I saw a teenage girl driving one.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:52 AM
***Repost Police***

And I know a ****-ton of girls that drive F-bodies and even Corvettes. I admit most of Toyota's offerings weren't exactly thrilling, but you can say the same thing about the Big 3 in the 90s with a few exceptions on both sides.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think he was talking about every car model produced and unlike the thread subject they made a variety of vehicles, not ones that targets young & old people & those with out a desire for any style.
Like I said they never made a mans car.
Yeah, but they did make cars appealing to families. For instance, when Chevy cut the Impala model in 1996 (through 2000) the Camry seemed like a decent alternative....
Old 02-14-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

LOL @ "Toyota makes a great car now". No they don't. They're cars are absolutely hideous (not as bad as new Acuras, though) and unimpressive in every way imagineable. Went to the Philly car show 2 weeks ago. Sat in a couple Toys and Lexi. The Toyotas at least felt their price. When I was sitting in a $50,000 Lexus, I felt like I was sitting in a $25,000 Toyota that I had sat in not 30 minutes ago. The materials were exactly the same, build quality was exactly the same, and I did not see, feel, hear, or smell $50,000 worth of car. I was much more impressed with the new Buick LaCrosse. Holy **** is that a nice car to be in. It was much better than the Lexus, and at half the price, holy **** what a deal. I was thoroughly impressed with the LaCrosse (not so much with the Enclave, back seats sucked) and the CTS was even better. I feel bad for anyone stupid enough to say that Toyota and Lexus are better in any way (let alone every way) than Buick and Cadillac.

Also, the Ford Flex was ******* sweet. Didn't initially want to look at one because I thought they looked stupid, but sitting in one and playing around inside really changed my mind.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
LOL @ "Toyota makes a great car now". No they don't. They're cars are absolutely hideous (not as bad as new Acuras, though) and unimpressive in every way imagineable. Went to the Philly car show 2 weeks ago. Sat in a couple Toys and Lexi. The Toyotas at least felt their price. When I was sitting in a $50,000 Lexus, I felt like I was sitting in a $25,000 Toyota that I had sat in not 30 minutes ago. The materials were exactly the same, build quality was exactly the same, and I did not see, feel, hear, or smell $50,000 worth of car. I was much more impressed with the new Buick LaCrosse. Holy **** is that a nice car to be in. It was much better than the Lexus, and at half the price, holy **** what a deal. I was thoroughly impressed with the LaCrosse (not so much with the Enclave, back seats sucked) and the CTS was even better. I feel bad for anyone stupid enough to say that Toyota and Lexus are better in any way (let alone every way) than Buick and Cadillac.

Also, the Ford Flex was ******* sweet. Didn't initially want to look at one because I thought they looked stupid, but sitting in one and playing around inside really changed my mind.

wow lol i am laughing at this.. haha have u seen the new trucks yukons burbans? the interiors are all the same.. hell the new tundra adopted the "style" and became a larger truck because the old wasnt cutting it in the truck market.. for the money i think every manufacture could do better... BUT GOVERMENT MOTORS is now backed BY THE GOVERMENT... in which still has now money.. so guess what they are still broke and toyota even with this recall isnt... they can still sustain busniess and carry on with normal every day situations..... now GM... tanked why money grubbing ******... and also because people STOPED BUYING THERE PRODUCTS....... and bought over sea's models... wonder why all the american auto manufactures got hurt the most... because the more dependiable cars are boated in or "desighend" in a over sea's country... hell toyota sold there hybrid rights to GM and FORD and there hybrids SUCK *** cause they were put in a POS platform... yes i wanna spend 60k on a hybrid yukon/suburban and get 2mpg better... but its good for the enviroment... **** THAT

its ok UR UAW great want a cookie.. thats fine... but TOYOTA isnt taking ANYTHING away from americans.. they moved production plants here to help with jobs... and GUESS WHAT **** started going down hill.... why probably because alot of americans today are ****** lazy and feel **** is owed to them... its friday i have a hang over.. i dont wanna be hear i am not really gonna tighten anything up on this car....i am gonna be a lazy **** and still make the same amount i would if i did my job... go get a job at a dealership and find out if u can hang... HELL I CAN HANG THE SAME FENDE ALLLLLLLLLLL DAY and get really good.... but guess who fixes yalls **** ups...... ME.... and yall **** up alot...

Quick Reply: Toyota Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles For Sticking Accelerator Pedal