TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foreverzero
toyota, moving foward......even if you dont want to
Well played.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

there is no braking issue. The problem is people are not used to feeling the regenitive(sp?) braking that the prius uses. It brakes with the hybrid motor so it regenerates the battery, and if you push hard enough it will start to use the hydrualic system like on every other car. It's a weird feeling when you hit the brakes on the prius. Now it looks like people will bitch to become a toyota recall superstar.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThoR294
there is no braking issue. The problem is people are not used to feeling the regenitive(sp?) braking that the prius uses. It brakes with the hybrid motor so it regenerates the battery, and if you push hard enough it will start to use the hydrualic system like on every other car. It's a weird feeling when you hit the brakes on the prius. Now it looks like people will bitch to become a toyota recall superstar.
There are reports from people who have come in with the pads gone and rotors severely warped. In all reports the owners said the car would not stop, they had to use both feet and ride the brakes until it finally stopped. One instance the owner was charged $2500 and the car had something like 15k on it. Toyota said f-off and claimed it vehicle abuse and wouldn't warranty it. That was straight from the lips of a Service Manager working at the Toyota dealer. Try again...

In typical Japanese fashion, they will not admit wrong, think back to WWII and high school social studies.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

i've seen pads worn out on one prius with 5k but it came out he was ridin the pedal
Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Im glad everyone believes what the media says
Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im glad everyone believes what the media says
Not really, I'm paying more attention to congress, though in hindsight I'm not real sure which one would is more truthful.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Having driven several 2g priuses (prii?), I can attest that the brakes do not feel weird when using the regenerative feature. They feel exactly the same as every other car brakes. If there's a problem with the brakes, it's not because people aren't used to them because they "feel different", it's probably because there is actually a problem with them.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm...
Well, I also work for a toyota dealer in Ar, as a Service Advisor..

From my understand:

The pedals doesnt, "GO WOT!", they slowly depress and gives you the sudden urge like the cruise control is on... Know that feeling..?

The Prius brakes..... Not going try and explain that one..
You wont really understand how it feels unless you drive one.. And they DO last forever.. lol

Matrix/Vibe... Yes there is a difference..
The Vibe has a pontiac radio...

There is a CTS pedal AND a Denso pedal.
There are also TWO different recalls.. 90L & 90K..
One is for the CTS Pedal and the other is
Shorting the pedal, Removing the thick pad UNDER the carpet UNDER the throttle pedal which intern will give 3/4" extra space between the floor AND pedal.. AND THIS IS INCLUDED IN BOTH CTS AND DENSO PEDALS(correct me if Im wrong).

Hell, Im a GM guy at heart, always have been. I went to work for toyota almost 3 years ago and Honestly wouldnt work for another dealership if I had my way..

Some of you guys talk about the quailty and "interior" of these cars..
Jump into a Camry or Nissan Maxima THEN jump into a Chevy Malibu... When you shut the door, it sounds like the door about to come off the hinges on the chevy.. But not all of them feel that way.. lol(no offense if you drive a malibu).

The Media really is making this a lot worse that it is..
TOYOTA is fixing the problem, weather some of you believe it is THE FIX or not..
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

How the hell do you abuse a Prius? I have driven one. I have a better chance of abusing my Equinox.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
How the hell do you abuse a Prius? I have driven one. I have a better chance of abusing my Equinox.
lol... idk, but it is done.. I saw one roll in the other day with a tow hook... I almost fell out I laughed so hard
Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BanditTA
There are reports from people who have come in with the pads gone and rotors severely warped. In all reports the owners said the car would not stop, they had to use both feet and ride the brakes until it finally stopped. One instance the owner was charged $2500 and the car had something like 15k on it. Toyota said f-off and claimed it vehicle abuse and wouldn't warranty it. That was straight from the lips of a Service Manager working at the Toyota dealer. Try again...
Really? They're supposed to be known for their supposedly awesome service departments.
I guess the times are a changin'.

In typical Japanese fashion, they will not admit wrong, think back to WWII and high school social studies.
Apparently so.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by Green3spd
Jump into a Camry or Nissan Maxima THEN jump into a Chevy Malibu... When you shut the door, it sounds like the door about to come off the hinges on the chevy.
Are you talking the latest Malibu or the generation before this one?
My nephew and a close friend have older versions of the previous generation (a 2002 and a 2000) and they're decent cars, not winning any awards or anything of course but they get the job done.
But the new one, the current Malibu, well, I'd spent some time with one late last year and I honestly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
One of the tightest, most solid vehicles under $50k that I've even been in.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 AM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by jim1450
But you are probably right, nothing wrong its just the media has it out for one of their biggest advertisers.
Originally Posted by jim1450
I just figured it out, the government is @ fault. Since they have an investmemt in GM they are blowing everything out of proportion to help their sales since so many like to support foreign companies.
Yup, it's all just a huge conspiracy!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XxGarbSxX
Obviously, the gear lever thing applies only to the manuals. Not saying F-body interiors are better, I'm not even saying my Saturn's interior is better. My interior sucks. I'll readily admit that. I just hate when people talk about Toyota's "superior interior quality" when most of the American cars in direct competition are either on par or better. If you want good interior materials, you're going to want to look somewhere that isn't Toyota.

And what exactly makes my complaints empty, pray tell? I pointed out what are legitimate quality concerns as a potential customer. The driver is completely secluded from what the car is doing. Nothing of any importance has any significant feel to it. I get more feedback from turning the volume **** than the steering wheel. I don't want the steering wheel to vibrate out of my hand, but I do want it to tell me what the tires are doing. Same thing with the throttle, brakes, and clutch and gear lever (not the automatic shifter). I want feedback on what the car is doing so I know how to react and where I am in terms of the car's limits.

Read the thread. The pedals themselves are not the problem and Lexus was affected, as was their shitty Scion brand as well. The sales freeze was a legal obligation. I advise anyone with questions to not call you as you clearly don't know what's going on.
Ok, since You clearly know whats going on, what part of thread do you want me to read ? and if the pedals are not the problem , then what is the problem ? AND WHEN WAS LEXUS NAMED IN THE RECALL(DATE) . WHERE ARE YOU GETTING ALL YOUR INFO FROM.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Green3spd

Jump into a Camry or Nissan Maxima THEN jump into a Chevy Malibu... When you shut the door, it sounds like the door about to come off the hinges on the chevy.. But not all of them feel that way.. lol(no offense if you drive a malibu).
You obviously haven't driven a malibu
Old 02-05-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

You obviously haven't driven a malibu
Yes, but it was 10 years old
Typical Foreign car enthusiast; with statements like..."I drove in a 1996 (fill in the blank with any American car) and it was terrible compared to my 2009 ( Fill in the blank with the favorite Foreign car)". Compare a 2010 Accord, Camry with a 2010 equivalent trim level Malibu for an objective view point.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

tbh id take a 70s american car over any new foreign or domestic car. had a 79 toronado and that cars interior was far superior than any interior out now
Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wildta
Ok, since You clearly know whats going on, what part of thread do you want me to read ? and if the pedals are not the problem , then what is the problem ? AND WHEN WAS LEXUS NAMED IN THE RECALL(DATE) . WHERE ARE YOU GETTING ALL YOUR INFO FROM.
Read the descriptions of the incidents. This one in particular should tell you it's not the gas pedal that's the problem. Every other story has stated that the car suddenly and unintentionally accelerated. Anyone with a basic understanding of mechanical systems can tell you that the gas pedal getting stuck or being slow to return isn't going to cause sudden acceleration. Also, the picture posted by My1st Truck back on page 4 gives a nice timeline of the unfolding of this Toyota clusterfuck.

Also, you seem to be forgetting about the officer that was killed by this issue in his Lexus ES. Just because it wasn't named in the recall doesn't mean it isn't affected by the issue.

Quick Reply: Toyota Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles For Sticking Accelerator Pedal