Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V got her first kill the other day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V got her first kill the other day!!!

I have to say that most people have not even given me the time of day in my V, shes all stock so its not loud and pretty unnoticable for most people who dont know what a V is. I played around with a new G8 GT a month ago or so but was a very short 2nd gear run from about 25 to 35mph lol, so I dont count that one even thought the V was pulling, and then I just obliterated my buddies turbo jetta the other night, so I dont count that one either. However, last night I was behind a late-model trans am with some obvious mods (at least headers and catback) who i was kind of folowing close behind everytime he would speed up, but we both were stuck behind a BMW so there was no speed really involved. I highly doubt he knew what I was in, just some old man Cadillac I guess, so when the BMW put on his blinker I heard him downshift big time! I was gonna put the V in 3rd, but I wasnt sure what he had so I decided to put her in 2nd. Shoulda put her in 3rd! lol as when he punched that Trans Am I came flying right up on his bumper, and had to let off and shift easily into third. I could see the look on his face in his mirror as he put on his blinker and pulled off into some empty church parking lot (dont really know why, either he needed to turn around, was embarrassed that he got raped by a Caddy, or wanted me to pull in to ask me about the car) but I just kept going. Oh by the way there was one of those Subaru's behind me who was grabin my tail for most of the ride, untill we both punched it, the Subaru caught up to me about 5 min. later lol!
anyway I was pretty happy for the V to finally get her first legit kill and figured I would rant for a sec. BTW this all happened around our reserviour where they close the roads off a few days aweek for people to do stupid **** on their bikes and cars, so not on an open road.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Launching!

Nice to hear you're enjoying it. I slaughtered and down right embarrassed an R32 today on the way to work, made record time!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Haha nice, Its beern pretty uneventful drivin her around for me, except for my own spirited driving, but no good competition yet. Good fun though
Old 07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

always feels good to suprise people, or even yourself lol. The only reason I get more attention is because I powdercoated the wheels and put vanity plates on it. I had an SS on my bumper all the way across conowingo dam so I punched it and put two cars on him as he tried to keep up, then he did the ricer fly by on a two lane road and passed myself and five other cars on a double yellow line(guess he thought it was cool). what's next for the car? im saving for something either another car or a power adder.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Yes, these cars definitely don't get the same attention as Vettes which I like. But when they do get attention it's usually a lot so it makes up for it. I don't like cars that scream "LOOK AT ME!!!", did I mention that I love my V?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:26 PM

Love it, so far i slaughtured a mazdaspeed 3, civic si mugan, a camaro and neck and neck with a supercharged G35.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
always feels good to suprise people, or even yourself lol. The only reason I get more attention is because I powdercoated the wheels and put vanity plates on it. I had an SS on my bumper all the way across conowingo dam so I punched it and put two cars on him as he tried to keep up, then he did the ricer fly by on a two lane road and passed myself and five other cars on a double yellow line(guess he thought it was cool). what's next for the car? im saving for something either another car or a power adder.
haha nice AL, guess you havent gone to the track yet??
Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no track prolyl wont make it im taking it in for warranty work tomorrow, might have a bad wheel bearing, getting a lot of vibration at highway speeds, pretty damn annoying. plus now im working midnights at the sheriff's office so thats gonna take out wednesdays at the track now.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an elaborate story typed, but deleted it....never know who's reading these. Anyways, let's just say Mustang GT's are much slower than I thought they were! He got a good look of my rear bumper getting smaller and smaller
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I had an elaborate story typed, but deleted it....never know who's reading these. Anyways, let's just say Mustang GT's are much slower than I thought they were! He got a good look of my rear bumper getting smaller and smaller
haha sweet! I would love to get in to it with one of those! any elaboration on the year? lol
Old 07-13-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05silverV
haha sweet! I would love to get in to it with one of those! any elaboration on the year? lol
Brand new, or 08......I only saw the front end HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs Op... I would say they were more of intimidation runs then straight up kills.. I love win someones runnin around thinkin they are quick **** just to get punked by a seperior car
Old 07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Street kills are alive and well on the Forum.
Just be careful, as I have seen a Ford Flex and Chevy Tahoe with no markings pulling people over---I bet half the tickets on our highways in SoFlo are now given by unmarked cars.
When looking for a race, stay away from:

1) cars with roll cages
2) cars that cannot put their nose on due to overly large ICs
3) cars with wheelie bars
4) cars with pizza cutters for front tires
5) cars with MT slicks over 12"
6) BOVs louder than your exhaust
Old 07-13-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Street kills are alive and well on the Forum.
Just be careful, as I have seen a Ford Flex and Chevy Tahoe with no markings pulling people over---I bet half the tickets on our highways in SoFlo are now given by unmarked cars.
When looking for a race, stay away from:

1) cars with roll cages
1) cars with roll cages
7) cars that shoot 20 foot flames before takeoff

lol. Forgot one! +5
Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I stick right with the new GTs in my wife's 3.5 Altima, older GTs are not even worth it. I feel sorry for Mustang drivers, eh they are good chick cars.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by madmaro00
I feel sorry for Mustang drivers, eh they are good chick cars.
Lol, agreed!

Quick Reply: V got her first kill the other day!!!