Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

radio presets

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio presets

still getting used to all the technology. lol im not understanding why the title of the radio station presets changes if the station has the song title/artist display. idk how exactly to describe it but i want it to just say 102.9 or WHQG not some random word it picks up cuz then idk which ones which can i make that not happen??
Old 08-06-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Mine does the same. I'm not sure how you can change it. I try to set it when it shows the station number instead of rotating through the song title.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same problem here.

You can re-set it by holding the button down when what you want it to say is on the screen.

So if KKLZ 102.7 scrolls onto the screen, press and hold the preset button you want it to be saved to and it will change it. This is also though because it is always scrolling. lol. So you have to time it right.

But it seems like after a few days it will change (like you said) to a song title, or some jibberish. So i just stopped messing w/ it.

I also hate that you cant toggle between radio 1 and radio 2... you have to cycle through all of the other inputs to get back to radio 1.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Yea I spent like 20 min when I first got it setting them and timing it perfect to get it to say the right thing then the next time I started the car every one of em had some random *** word oN it lol o well
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

The next logical step is to use post it notes.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Right lol I'll pass tho I'd like a new h/u so I could get a less confusing navi and eleviate those probs and have a direct iPod hookup but the DIC is integrated and you customize so much of the rest ofthe car trough thestocker. So I'm sure there's prolly no way to keep all that stuff with an aftermarket
Old 08-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Default Radio Buttons

I know exactly what you guys are describing. Mine does the same. I took it into Rorick Caddilac/Buick in San Diego several months ago. The interior technician showed me the GM notice/TSB. GM knows about it. There is no fix. GM is not going to fix it. You are stuck with it. It's a big load of suck.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually, there is a fix....it's a bit tricky though

OK, y'know how when you first go to a station it will just show the station # then a second or two later the text comes up? Ok, well that second or two is when you need to set the radio preset....timing is everything, the way I did it was to goto the station I wanted to program, use the **** to tune one station up/down of it then press and hold the button I want it programmed too, pause for 1/2 second to a second then tune back to the station you want to program while still holding the preset button down....The radio should then accept the preset but with only the frequency showing, and thus it only saves the frequency, no more changing text....I've had mine like that for a about a year 1/2 now...they don't change off the frequency.....don't give up after one try though...it does take some time to get the timing just right.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Nikon,

I'll give it a try. If it works I'll let the guy at the dealership know about it. Thanks for the info!

2005 CTS-V
2000 Camaro SS
2009 Ford Flex SE (Oh, yeah baby!)
Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive tried it multiple times. I can get them to stick on the frequency easily and it looks good.. once the car is turned off and back on, they're gone. This is following the same process as nikon. not sure why his have not changed
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

are you getting it to set when the numbers are the only thing on the screen? It has to be the frequency too, some radio stations will broadcast their frequency through RDS...you have to do it before it displays any RDS info.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm. yeah i was doing it pretty fast while it showed the big freg, and then the small freq at same time for a split second,. ill try it again, this time turning off the rds before programming them and see what happens. this could be the key.

Quick Reply: radio presets