Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Procharger, TVS, Eforce, Maggie, H/C, Stroker??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=lollygagger8;15991476]I like this idea. What heads did you have and was it LS6 or LS2?

It was a stock ls6 with stock 243's
Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackax
I've seen Jweymar's car. It is supper clean. And I always love's charlie's work. He is one of the best tuners ever!

My car makes close to 500hp on 4.5 pounds of boost (I have an internal boost leak in the head unit)
I assume that is Charlie of RPM? If so, he built the car I just bought too... I think Evel V and Jweymar are good friends
Old 02-23-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Pig
yeah, but 700 rwhp Termi's are a dime a dozen
Hilarious!

I guess id be bitter too if I had all that money in a motor and still couldnt put down 3/4 of that power until 40mph. 13 second cars FTL.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Hilarious!

I guess id be bitter too if I had all that money in a motor and still couldnt put down 3/4 of that power until 40mph. 13 second cars FTL.

I'm sorry, I'm not insulting your car... I love Termi's, but around here, 700 rwhp ones are everywhere... Fastlane Motorsports has a ton out there.. And that's just one shop in one metrotown...

I like something extremely unique... I had a 750 rwhp pump gas gen 2 Lightning and a twin turbo GTO before this 418 LS3, full gforce rear V1... So i know about putting power the ground... Try getting power to the ground on a lightning with that power... It gets fun... But it also ran Mid 10's at full weight...

BTW, I'm going to have no problem putting my power to the ground... We'll see where I get too
Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sorry, I'm not insulting your car... I love Termi's, but around here, 700 rwhp ones are everywhere... Fastlane Motorsports has a ton out there.. And that's just one shop in one metrotown...

I like something extremely unique... I had a 750 rwhp pump gas gen 2 Lightning and a twin turbo GTO before this 418 LS3, full gforce rear V1... So i know about putting power the ground... Try getting power to the ground on a lightning with that power... It gets fun... But it also ran Mid 10's at full weight...

BTW, I'm going to have no problem putting my power to the ground... We'll see where I get too
I took what you said as taking a jab at me. I actually picked my car up from Raleigh Durham last friday, it was tuned by Fastlane but originally built in St Louis. In my area there are a few pullied ones but you never really see any. You hardly ever see turbo 03s which is what drew me to the car.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 AM
On The Tree

I definitely have to know your car then... I'm sure the owner was on our NC site... www.horsepowerjunkies.com

Although it's expanded greatly...

Congrats on a sweet car, fastlane is great... Caleb is one hell of a tuner.. My car will be here at noon today, so I shouldn't talk too much yet ...

I definitely didn't take a jab at you, it's all about what people want... I really wanted 4 doors and fun... This beauty dropped into my lap...
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll ask him for sure.
Let me know boss....thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hilarious!

Easy killer lol.

I have a 9" rear end that will get some slicks on back and hopefully I'll be able to hook this pig of a car up

I don't know. I still love my V1 cuz it's sexy but understated. There's no huge wing and it doesn't scream **** bag like a Bimmer or something lol. You don't see them everyday and it will always turn heads. With a blower (other than the girl in the passenger seat) it will be that much more fun.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by psychobillycaddy
Edelbrock has the manifold for a cathedral port E-Force. I ordered mine from Hendrix Engineering.

you just need to specify if you need cathedral or rectangular ports when you place the order. I

Ill be posting pics and install intructions in a few weeks when I get mine in and do the install. We put an E-Force kit together for us CTS-V owners that will be a direct bolt in.

So is the kit for the Camaros or what? How much $$ did it all set you back?

Pics or it never happened!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hilarious!

I'm a big fan of Cobra's and their potential. It's nice having a unique platform and doing unique things. Like I've stated before, I have yet to see impressive stuff done with the V1 as far as using power (1/4 mile, Standing Mile, even 3 honkers) and I don't think it's because of potential, I think it's because of the people it has attracted when it was selling for a higher $. I saw the same thing happen with the S4 I had. Initially it was just stating the limitations and why it couldn't do things, Now they have ones in the 9's trapping 150+. That being said, I know of more 600-700WHP+ Cobra's in our area than I do of V owners. 2 turbo ones, 2 built KB's and a whipple car. All have gone to the ISP meets at one point or another. Comparing the CTSV and the COBRA is like Apples and Oranges.

To the thread topic, for me... I couldn't (at this point) justify $10k for a good motor build, another $7k for a FI setup and then another $3-4K for installation, setup and tune. We're now at $20k and haven't touched the rear or the Trans. I think this is where it'sslow is coming from. For me the Maggie is ideal, I don't have to build the motor, I can do the 8.8 myself for a few thousand and now I have a reliable, quick 500whp+ vehicle (cam+Maggie). You haven't lost a lot of the reliability in the car and you haven't lost the practicality much either. Start building the motor up and running 12psi+, straight pipes and grandma probably isn't going to want you taking her back to the airport in it. Though she will, because she's your grand mother and loves you. lol

I am very impressed with the V2 and it might end up being my next vehicle sooner rather than later.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
I am very impressed with the V2 and it might end up being my next vehicle sooner rather than later.
Awesome, go buy one and sell me your Maggie already
Old 02-23-2012, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

You have been busy lolly.

Is this where all the action is then?
Old 02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ichpen

Is this where all the action is then?
no, pretty sure all the action is in your garage... whats the verdict on the engine tick...

Last edited by shadyLS6; 02-24-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by lollygagger8

So is the kit for the Camaros or what? How much $$ did it all set you back?

Pics or it never happened!!
The kit hasnt shipped yet. so no pics. Believe me I cant wait to be able to take some.

When its ready you guys will be the first to know and Im sure Thomas will chime in with a price at that time.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
Easy killer lol.

I have a 9" rear end that will get some slicks on back and hopefully I'll be able to hook this pig of a car up

I don't know. I still love my V1 cuz it's sexy but understated. There's no huge wing and it doesn't scream **** bag like a Bimmer or something lol. You don't see them everyday and it will always turn heads. With a blower (other than the girl in the passenger seat) it will be that much more fun.
I was more making a comment at first gen Vs without the built rear. I dont see why you shouldnt be able to put the power down but the premium that those rears go for is incredible. I still love the cts-v hence why im still around lol, if someone can come up with a more affordable solution to its few major flaws then I could see myself in one again.
I'm a big fan of Cobra's and their potential. It's nice having a unique platform and doing unique things. Like I've stated before, I have yet to see impressive stuff done with the V1 as far as using power (1/4 mile, Standing Mile, even 3 honkers) and I don't think it's because of potential, I think it's because of the people it has attracted when it was selling for a higher $. I saw the same thing happen with the S4 I had. Initially it was just stating the limitations and why it couldn't do things, Now they have ones in the 9's trapping 150+. That being said, I know of more 600-700WHP+ Cobra's in our area than I do of V owners. 2 turbo ones, 2 built KB's and a whipple car. All have gone to the ISP meets at one point or another. Comparing the CTSV and the COBRA is like Apples and Oranges.
First Gen Vs have been in the 20s for over 3 years now, I dont think its really the clientel that biought them. I mean am I not the only one who is wondering why a shop hasnt taken on the first gen as a project car and made a strip car? If someone can find me proof of a V1 that has been in the 10s Ill shut my mouth but in the 8 years the car has been out I have yet to see one.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

It can be done but no one has stepped up to the plate. From a shops stand point, why would you at this point? Those with the money to invest in buying your parts to go 10's have the money to buy a v2 which is easy to put in the 10s. It's the same debate that I've been fighting myself with for 2 months now going back and forth if I want to install the Maggie.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

It can be done but no one has stepped up to the plate. From a shops stand point, why would you at this point? Those with the money to invest in buying your parts to go 10's have the money to buy a v2 which is easy to put in the 10s. It's the same debate that I've been fighting myself with for 2 months now going back and forth if I want to install the Maggie.
I meant between 04-09, Back in 04 a 10 second cadillac would have been unheard of(besides and XLR if they did it with that).

Back on topic, Ill be looking in to see what lolly decides on.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude I thought you sold that maggie for 3800???I didnt buy it cause someone beat me to the punch...I may be wrong
Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nope. I pulled it off the classifieds because i got about 7 pms offering like $3k talking about hendrix pricing. I finally got tired of telling people that they had almost doubled in price. Note the, no longer availible. Lol

Quick Reply: Procharger, TVS, Eforce, Maggie, H/C, Stroker??