Sponsored by:

LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How am I not subscribed to this???
Fixed that.
I remember reading through your thread when it was only a few pages, but I must not have subed
Now I just need a 3 day weekend to look over the 40 pages that I have not read yet.

I do want to say thanks for you help & comments on my build. I also see you helping a lot of other people. You are much appreciated!

I hope you get these last few things ironed out & get on the road
Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by futureuser
I see you posting tonight on other peoples threads. Is this fancy harness installed yet?

I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time and was not serious at all!
No the harness is still laying on my kitchen counteris. I am waiting on the correct O2 connectors. And the fact this car is going to be moved to my lower garage so I have more room to work on it. Before that can be accomplished I have to clean out the storage room so I can move all of my crap out of it. I have been working 60 hours the past two weeks so the last thing I want to do when I get home is clean. The wifey said 6 months of parking outside was enough. I must say she was a saint during the swap process so out of courtesy I cleaned the upper garage and give her back her space. Now my car is in the bay beside her but giving the fact my lathe is on the one side it crowds me up. I will make sure it is moved by the weekend and if the connectors happen to make it from Arizona to North Carolina by Saturday I may get the car running again.

Internet watchdog... bet you didn't see that coming TSnow... haha!
Futureuser is messing with me cause I give him some **** on his thread. He is an awesome guy with way more ambition than me. This man did his swap in the dead of winter in the middle of his yard! No way could I have pulled that off! **** I had heat, lights, music and still didnt get as much done as he did. He is a trooper for sure. Marktanium is working out of the smallest garage I have seen yet and seems to get more done than me. Guess I am either spoiled or lazy! Pride is out the window here. When I first bought this car I stripped it down, rebuilt the engine, change out the suspension, swapped the rearend and Lord knows what else all in a span of a summer. Of course that was 17 years ago and I was 22. Add 2 kids and 17 years to my age and **** doesnt perform as it once did. Wish they had some ambition in a bottle!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crosstraining
How am I not subscribed to this???
Fixed that.
I remember reading through your thread when it was only a few pages, but I must not have subed
Now I just need a 3 day weekend to look over the 40 pages that I have not read yet.

I do want to say thanks for you help & comments on my build. I also see you helping a lot of other people. You are much appreciated!

I hope you get these last few things ironed out & get on the road
Thanks man and I am glad you worked through your pedal issues! Sorry I couldnt be of any help in that area. You have an awesome car and I am sure it is fun to drive.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tsnow678
This man did his swap in the dead of winter in the middle of his yard!
I did it in the winter, because when it comes to working in the heat, I'm a *****. So much so that I've probably sweated even more by not finishing my ac install. Now my car smells like a hot, wet... you get the idea.

My harness had the wrong o2 connectors too. I ended up getting lucky and finding new o2 sensors on ebay for cheap. 'Looking forward to hearing your car run soon.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

**** doesnt perform as it once did. Wish they had some ambition in a bottle!!!
I think it comes in a little blue pill.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

I think it comes in a little blue pill.
I have 4 of them and they are the 50mg blue ones. If it would help me work on the car I would zip tie a wrench to my little friend and go at it. The new connectors arrived today!!! Now to find out what the pinout is and I will be set. I guess I better start digging on LS1Tech so I can be prepared in the morning.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

I did it in the winter, because when it comes to working in the heat, I'm a *****. So much so that I've probably sweated even more by not finishing my ac install. Now my car smells like a hot, wet... you get the idea.

My harness had the wrong o2 connectors too. I ended up getting lucky and finding new o2 sensors on ebay for cheap. 'Looking forward to hearing your car run soon.
Are you running the square connector or the triangular one? My O2's are triangles and the harness is square. I need to pull the O2's off and see if the are marked like the new connectors. There is an ABC and D molded into the harness connectors. I just hope if it is that easy that A goes to A, B goes to B, so on so forth.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Are you running the square connector or the triangular one? My O2's are triangles and the harness is square. I need to pull the O2's off and see if the are marked like the new connectors. There is an ABC and D molded into the harness connectors. I just hope if it is that easy that A goes to A, B goes to B, so on so forth.
My van o2s are triangles, and are sitting in a baggy. The harness are squares, which I am using. The color codes are the same going into both sets of o2 sensors. Since I have both sets, let me know if you need any info.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

My van o2s are triangles, and are sitting in a baggy. The harness are squares, which I am using. The color codes are the same going into both sets of o2 sensors. Since I have both sets, let me know if you need any info.
Thanks I sure will! Same situation I am in. Squares wont go into triangles.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

OK I had a few minutes to grab an O2 sensors off of the car and see if the pinouts were the same. And they are not. If any of you guys know for sure which way they need to be transferred over to the square plug it sure would be appreciated. Thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-30-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Ok SSP just hit me back up and I got my answer.
Triangle to Square
A to A
B to B
D to C
E to D
Old 07-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Just checking in to see if the "I just took her for a ride" post is here yet. Looks like you are still cooking the spaghetti. You are gonna be soooo happy when you feel that LS power.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

I am days away from finding out what everyone else already knows.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool,u will love the car with that motor!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am eagerly watching the thread also! That harness looks SWEET, I can't wait to see how everything gets wired, layout, and two modes!?!?! Good luck snow and I'll wait to see a video soon. This is the motivation I needed to dust off my project
Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is she running?
Sounds like you're a step away.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Okay, it's days away. 'Hope everything is okay.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Tone,

Status check, over!?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

No updates. Working my *** off. Finally on 40 hours this week. No excuses this week. My friends, Dad, and fellow LS1techs are on my *** so it will have some progress this week for sure. I went by today and placed an order for the Vintage Air setup. Actually I went by today and had a custom configuration sent to VA but since they are so busy I didnt find out a grand total till after hours. I will pay tomorrow on my way home. A whopping $1475 plus freight for a complete kit down to the three button controls all electronic. Its the SureFit Gen IV kit including the Kwik bracket. I figure since my interior is gutted at this point I might as well go for it. The engine will run this week on its own as long as no gremlins come my way. I have put it off long enough but life has been busy. Thanks for asking and sorry for the stall!!! All the hard work is done and its like " i need a break" sort of thing.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's awesome on vintage air!!!

Quick Reply: LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro