Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Fiero swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008 | 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by No2GrouCHIE
good luck keeping that tranny togethor. But I guess if you only put 159 miles on the car in a year, it should be ok.
I see your back under a new name Shaun Hamshit. You really need to get a life and stop trying to live mine. And as for the 159 miles It's hard to put miles on a car when it's in one shop getting a custom sound system and then back to Archie's for the LS7.
Old 06-21-2008 | 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shaun must be bored. Or not getting his ego stroked enough off of RFT. Banned again.

Last edited by Camaroholic; 06-21-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-22-2008 | 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Unhappy

I actually feel sorry for you Shaun, I really think you need help. Try getting a job, earn an honest income and then pay who ever you wish to work on your car. And no, spending all day and night Googling Archie and Trolling his customers threads is not a job.
Old 06-22-2008 | 05:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GrouCHIEsuckz
yep I am bored, and not getting my ego stroked enough.
You were banned for a reason. It means you were too annoying for anyone to want to deal with reasonably. Nobody here cares what you have to say and you're just coming across as an immature jealous little *****..
Old 06-22-2008 | 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

I'd like to apologize to the Forum for the resent rash of Fiero Trolls. It's unfortunate that people who hate must go out of their way to ruin a thread that was a simple, fun build thread until they showed up.

Back in Feb. 1999 I posted a message on one of the Fiero mailing lists that I was looking to hire some help in my shop.

This Shaun that you've been reading so much from lately sent me the following EMail

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: <Archie@v8archie.com>
Sent: Monday, February 08, 1999 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechNet] Need Fiero People

>
> In a message dated 2/8/99 11:27:38 PM, you wrote:
>
> <<We have openings for 2 good people who know their way around Fieros and
> want make a few bucks working on Special Fieros.>>
>
> I am interested but don't live in the Chicago area, Toledo to be exact. I
> have done all the work on my fiero which includes removing engine from top,
> replacing fuel pump, heater core, etc. etc. as well as diagnosing problems for
> my Fiero as well as other local Fieros.
> I don't have any welding skills and the only painting I have done is pretty
> much with a paint can but am eager/willing to learn.
> Oh, I have to ask, how much money are you planning to pay your new employees
> when hired? I am definately interested in filling this position.
> You can see my webpage with includes some details of things that I have done
> to my Fiero if you like. http://members.aol.com/shaun41178
> Please let me know if you would like me to provide more information about
> myself if it will help you make your decision. Thank You.
> Shaun Hammitt
> Toledo OH

I declined his application for employment. He has pretty much been stalking me ever since. It started out with a bunch of nasty EMails & has progressed to what you're seeing now.

He stalks everyone of my customers he can find on the internet. In fact he'll go after anyone who he even thinks has a part of mine on his car.

I don't know how you get rid of stalkers, but I'm going be looking into it.

I know it sounds crazy but this guy is crazy. He's 32 years old & still can't get over being turned down for employment 9 years ago.

This guy has an obsession with me to where his life revolves around me. If you have any doubt about this, read just about any & all posts in this Forum http://realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewf...d10d0411fba08f

He even stalks my customers, just as you have seen in this thread. Still have doubts? Go search UTube for V-8 Fieros. The only V-8 Fiero owners there that don't have harassing comments from Shaunbag are the one's where comments have been removed &/or banned.

This kid is sick, He has no respect for himself or others. He couldn't care if what he says is true or if he gets booted off of any Forum as long as his trolling comments are left behind on the Forum after he's gone.

He's the kind of guy that if he was a student at any school, He'd be the 1st one you'd suspect that would be crazy enough to walk into a classroom & shoot it up.

Some may wonder why the trolls showed up here all of a sudden. One of your own long time members sent them over here. He started this thread (He uses the same Screen name here) http://realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12771

I can ignore these trolls, I've been doing it for years, but It's really not fair to have Troy's build thread ruined by a stalker.

So I'd strongly request that Shaun's comments be removed to a thread where he's not ruining someone elses' build thread.

Thanks

Archie
Old 06-22-2008 | 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

time for the mods to block his IP adress.
Old 06-22-2008 | 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't know why his posts haven't been deleted if they are not adding anything to the OP's post. PM this sections moderator and ask him personally to do so.
Old 06-22-2008 | 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Holy Sh*t This Is Crazy Nice Work!!!
Old 06-23-2008 | 08:14 PM
Launching!

First of all, this car is sick. I am not a huge fan of Fieros, but this is awesome. I love the body kit, interior, engine, headlights, wheels, and the fact that is gets people to say stupid things they can't back up. People love to think they can do stuff better that haven't even tried. I heard all the same stuff when I put an LS1 in my 84 T/A. The LS family of engines is the best ever made. To say this car won't get into the 10's or 11's are not that bright. Archie, hell of a job. I have some skills to, but this is amazing. I haven't seen anything in this thread, but are you doing anything to the motor? I don't want to seem like I know everything, but I read an article of a cam and header package in a LS7 making 225 extra horsepower. I have driven a Z06 with an LS7 and OMG. I can't imagine 225 more horsepower, or an LS7 in this car. Keep the good work going. Don't pay attention to the haters with no life. I am now accepting donations of any performance parts that you are now longer using. LOL. And BTW I think Troy, you are handling all the stupid criticism better than I would. I got mad when I heard that stuff too. But now I just laugh at them as my car rumbles past them. I'm sure you guys already have a hook up for GM parts, but I work at a Chevy dealer, and can get parts for cost. In case you need anything. Keep up the BA build.
Old 06-24-2008 | 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

wTf? its archie???? i talked to you a while ago when i did the stroker motor in my fiero.... nice to see you doing the ls7 swap, making the world a better place 1 fiero at a time lol, big fan of your work
Old 06-24-2008 | 11:55 PM
Launching!

I would have to say that last time that I thought fieros were cool is when I was about 10 years old in the late 80s-early 90s. Don't care for sleepers like the civette, but this one is great..

You car is completely bad ***, love the body kit. Good luck with the completion if you don't already have it done.
Old 06-25-2008 | 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

One of the things that I find great about these various V-8 swaps into Fieros is that people who wouldn't give the Fiero a 2nd thought might now give a Fiero they see going down the road a 2nd look.

Next time you're driving down the road & you see a Fiero in a driveway, you may say to whomever is riding with you "You know, there are people who put LSx engines in those cars".

Just like everybody else here in the Conversions & Hybrids area, we seek to be different. You can buy the coolest & best of whatever kind of car that trips your trigger & it's only going to be coolest & best until next years model comes out. With a Hybrid the shelf life is a lot longer.

So thanks guys, I'm glad this project has given you a pause to give the Fiero a 2nd thought.

Archie
Old 06-25-2008 | 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

A little update on the LS7 Fiero swap from this end.

I have the CAI tubes ordered & they should be in tomorrow.

Talked to the people plating the transmission case late last week. They say they're a couple of weeks behind something about their nickel plating tank being down & no one can fix it?!?!? I told her we needed it for a upcoming show in late July (I told them the same thing when I dropped it off 7 weeks ago) She said, "What's your Drop Dead date?" I said "yesterday".

I talked to the Plastics plating place in FL about when the intake & Coil covers will be done. They said I'll have them in my place in about a week.

Been working on finding an Oil Tank for the Dry sump system. The Stock tank from the ZO6 is 8" in diameter & 24" tall. It's would have been impossible to package that in the room we have left to work with. That tank is pretty expensive & it would take some polishing to make it shine like it has to. So, I've talked to Peterson Fluid systems http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/tank_spec.html twice in the last 2 days. The tank that we're talking about is 9" in diameter & 16" tall. That's still a packaging nightmare for us. I need to mount it down as low as I can but the exhaust is going to take a lot of room in the rear. The guy I talked to at Peterson suggested that I could mount it up front, so I'm thinking on that too.

So tomorrow I gotta mockup a 9" X 16" cylinder & figure out a place to put it.

If anyone has any input on Dry Sump LS7 tanks in general & Peterson Fluid Systems in particular, let me know because I want to order this tomorrow if I can.

No word on the LSD from the U.K. Hope to see it soon.

Also, anyone know of a set of Power Steering hydraulic lines that I can run trhe length of the car to support the P.S. system?

That's it for tonight.

Archie
Old 06-26-2008 | 01:29 PM
Teching In

I have used stuff from these guys

http://www.grp4fabrications.com/aspP...ult.asp?cid=15

really nice craftsmanship.

The few Fiero's I have seen running a dry sump actually had custom tanks mounted behind the passenger seat. Like a lot of kids do with sub boxes.

as For PS. It was a project I intended on tackling and was told hi-psi hydraulic line will work great.

JM
86 GT Northstar POS
co builder of the worlds only rear engined , porsche trannied LS1 Corvair.
Old 07-11-2008 | 01:50 PM
On The Tree

some pics from the painter to keep us occupied until the LS7 install

Old 07-15-2008 | 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Talking

Originally posted by Archie:

The excitement builds......

nice Archie
Old 07-15-2008 | 04:49 PM
On The Tree

more from Archie
Originally posted by Archie:

Archie
All dressed up and no place to go , Car still at paint shop.

Last edited by mrtroyboy; 07-15-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2008 | 05:11 PM
On The Tree

WOW. Beautiful. Did I mention wow?
Old 07-16-2008 | 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Thanks
Old 07-16-2008 | 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's an awesome conversion!

Quick Reply: LS7 Fiero swap