Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Yank's 4L80-E for the c-5 /c-6 is ready

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Yank's 4L80-E for the c-5 /c-6 is ready

Yank now has the 4L80-E conversion kit ready for the C-5/ C-6 cars (97-05)
this kit will replace the factory A-4 or M-6 transmission.
You now have the option of the strong 4L80-E with overdrive and lock-up converter, for your high powered Corvette when running a turbo, Nitrous, a Supercharger or BIG C.I.D. motors.

The complete 4L80-e kits are built to your special needs

Some standard items are :

Special machined and built 4l80-e case
custom front pump
custom front pump adapter to bellhousing
special made output shaft to rear differential
machined differential to rear adapter plate
special rear seal plate to transmission
rear mount plate differential to chassis
reworked torque tube with U-joint fitted Heavy duty drive shaft
Heavy duty converter drive plate
deep alum finned oil pan
Exclusive Lock-up converter with multi-plate clutch (any stall)

for more info on this please
E-mail me Mike Senia at mike@converter.cc
or call 479-632-6355 for photos and price
Thank's

Last edited by Yank; 04-30-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kick ***!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:19 AM
TECH Resident

Big News!!!! Sweet!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Teching In

WooHoo!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Since the rear diff is in the pic does that come with the kit too.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
FormerVendor

The diff is not inc. in the base kit, as all c-5's come with one, and will not need any rework to be installed
It is an extra cost option.
We keep in stock the 2.73 and 3.15's
Old 04-26-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

Do you guys offer some type of brace that ties the dif to the trans (like the DTE)? That looks like it could be a weak link...
Old 04-26-2006, 12:25 PM
FormerVendor

We have one with our TH400 KIT but is not needed with our Unique
(pat. pending) torque tube setup, that will not twist like the stock one, as the torque tube is two piece and rotates inside itself and the trans is mounted solid and the engine is allowed to rotate on the mounts as a non torque tube design.
But if you want one our Yank Brace kit for the TH400 will fit.(but not needed)

Last edited by Yank; 04-28-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what is the price on this kit??
Old 04-26-2006, 12:49 PM
FormerVendor

Each customer's needs are diff. so we must quote one by one.
So call me or email and I will get you a price, but I will say that it is less than our lock-up option TH400 c-5 kit
Old 04-26-2006, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

are either the 4l80-e or the th400 kit on any c5's yet. If so what kind of power are they making and what kind of times did they run.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:48 PM
FormerVendor

We have sold over 20 of the TH400 kits and the 4l80-e is a transmission upgrade from the TH400 to allow for overdrive.
this transmission package is Very strong.
East coast supercharging is running one in the fastest S/C C5 (9.33)
you can call them for lastest times, also Paul major has run mid 8's

email me if you want names of install centers

Last edited by Yank; 04-26-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
9 Second Club

What is the hp/tq rating of this setup?...I just switched to an RPM reinforced A4, but will have to rebuild annually. This may provide another alternative. Can you provide a price for a tranny/torque tube/etc...already have diff. Also can I use my yank converter that is currently in my A4? I'm assuming most other A4 components fit (i.e. flex plate, etc.).

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:40 AM
9 Second Club

Interesting , has this been tested in a high horsepower C5 yet ? I know Paul Major and Alan from ECS personally and both cars had to have the t-400 kits gone through and rebuilt before they held big power , I've gone 9.33 on a 4L60E so far , a 4L80E should be good for eights all day long if it's built right .
Old 04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Earl H
What is the hp/tq rating of this setup?...I just switched to an RPM reinforced A4, but will have to rebuild annually. This may provide another alternative. Can you provide a price for a tranny/torque tube/etc...already have diff. Also can I use my yank converter that is currently in my A4? I'm assuming most other A4 components fit (i.e. flex plate, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

The 4l80-e is a much stronger trans that the 4l60-e and depending on you need, it can be built to handle more the drive axles and chassis can take!

The converter is unique to this transmission and our own design, and no other converter will fit.

Yes, it will use the std. flexplate, bellhousing, A4 shifter, diff. and cradle

on the price we need to decide your needs, so please call me or send you setup info
Old 04-27-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Good lucking setup.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Yank
We have one with our TH400 KIT but is not needed with our Unique
(pat. pending) torque tube setup, that will not twist like the stock one, as the torque tube is two piece and rotates inside itself and the trans is mounted solid and the engine is allowed to rotate on the mounts as a non torque tube design.
But if you want one our Yank Brace kit for the TH400 will fit.
If you still produce a differential brace of our design for the 20 TH400 kits you state you've sold, than you have either copied or pirated our original product for your own use then, because we no longer produce them for you.....!

We originally produced 26 of these kits just for you on a very special, low-volume, very expensive run based on your word that you would purchase them....even though you only purchased 6 kits and stuck us with the rest. We even had to eat the engineering man-hours and materials involved....

If that is the case (and we hope it isn't) than that would be par for the course regarding your business ethics....

If you have changed the design from our's (which we don't know how you would) for it to be truly called your own design, than that's great and more power to you and your product. However, if you've lowered yourself to pirate our design and call it your own; well............
Old 04-28-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very cool!!! Can you give an idea of just a base cost? Just looking for a ballpark figure; nothing to hold you to, just an idea.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Dynotech Engineering
If you still produce a differential brace of our design for the 20 TH400 kits you state you've sold, than you have either copied or pirated our original product for your own use then, because we no longer produce them for you.....!

We originally produced 26 of these kits just for you on a very special, low-volume, very expensive run based on your word that you would purchase them....even though you only purchased 6 kits and stuck us with the rest. We even had to eat the engineering man-hours and materials involved....

If that is the case (and we hope it isn't) than that would be par for the course regarding your business ethics....

If you have changed the design from our's (which we don't know how you would) for it to be truly called your own design, than that's great and more power to you and your product. However, if you've lowered yourself to pirate our design and call it your own; well............
Phil
WE have a stronger kit that is Not of your design, it is a clean sheet build and we do not copy any other company's product our kit is a lower price and works even better for our use.
The kit that you supplied to us, caused fittment issues with the body and the cost to rework them made the product a very costly item for the end user.
If our buyer wants to run your DTE kit at the price you charge that is fine, as they can do so!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

We certainly have no interest in copying your own TH400 differential strut design if you really have one, as we would have no use for it, nor do we really care- so post a picture and let's see it if it is truly different..

Believe us, we have heard from MANY tuners/installers on the fitment of your product, but we won't get into that, as it serves no constructive purpose here. However, we were informed that the only "fitment" issues there were with our product onto your kit was between the lower-left strut rod of our product, having interference with the lower-left differential adapter bracket that you folks produced.

Early-on, we informed you of this and told you that if this strut was going to work with your product, you would have to make a slight CNC program change to allow for the 1/2" notch of proper clearance between the strut rod and your bracket. However, you failed to make that change from the original design and customers had problems...

Then... I left you a message asking you once again to make the changes like we spoke about earlier and even went as far as to send/mail you a hard-copy of a blueprint we drew and printed just for you so that it would get done with the least amount of hassle for you, for the betterment of your customers and ours! If it did or not remains to be seen and is up to you, but we suspect that it didn't.....

We're not knocking your product, we only have issues with you claiming to have a differential strut of your own that was pirated from DTE's design, then putting your name on it. If that is not the case, we'll apologize, walk away and move on...

Quick Reply: Yank's 4L80-E for the c-5 /c-6 is ready