Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I told them to get ahold of Motownmuscle. Com'mon Rieko get them to come out and play. that 11 second headncam car would be fun to drive around for sure.

Originally Posted by ReiKo
He doesn't have the rights to speak for the LS1 Mustang... NOBODY DOES... Except Motown Muscle as A WHOLE... PERIOD...
Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 AM

i dont care what your statments say... its the point that people need to understand we drove all the way down there and back wasted a ton of money and you guys are gonna sit behind your computers and talk ****!

do you know how much it cost us to be down there for the weekend with trucks and trailer , hotel etc.... instead of you guys saying " ah to bad guys " your gonna talk ****. At that point i will say whatever the **** is on my mind.

come on hamburger grab a lane!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Fiery Features Director

It is funny that Nate said we backed out when he is the one who started crying, "go home, it's over". We TRIED to get back in to the race after we found out how it would go down. Rich and I actually shook on it. Then two punks ran in there all butt hurt talking about, "no no... we can't do that". I talked about it with Rich for a little while longer and that is when things started changing and all this BS about money, blah, blah, blah. Basically, they changed the rules. They made up some BS about only racing for titles and then one of their guys took things personal and told us we couldn't be there. SO... WE did NOT back down. WE were all ready to race! WE (I personally) told Rich we were ready to race anything he wanted to put us up against. I don't understand how we became the punching bag on this one.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Fiery Features Director

If that was in the contract... then yes, it was our bad. However, that still doesn't mean that we "pussied out". When I talked to Rich, I told him that we would race whatever he had ready for titles as long as I had his word that it would be fair (which I'm pretty sure we got on video). We talked about all the ways that the other faster car could have hustled the race and after he actually understood where we were coming from, it felt as if he was leaning in our direction. So, again.... we did not ***** out.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

I give props to Madman for not knocking Rich out. I would have taken that charge.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Whether you agree or not, there is a certain culture about Pinks. It's about negotiating first, then racing second.

Pinks rule # 1 - Always lie about your ET and if pressed, give a vague ball park number.
Example:
Owner 1 - "Car should run 10's."
Host: - "10 what? High 10's, low 10's, what?"
Owner 1 - "Eh, something like that."
Host: - Sooo?"
Owner 1 - "Maybe high 10's, probably low 11's."
Owner 2 - "You're full of !@#. I heard your crew talking it runs low 10's all day!"
Owner 1 - "Hey, it's never been down the track before because we just finished it 3 days ago. I'm just guessing."
Host - "Heads up, no bottles for the first run?"

In all honesty, it would have been nice to see a low dollar LSX car to showcase how fast a LSX can go on a budget.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

It sucks how it all went down. That mustang was a piece. It would not hardly start and then the balancer pulley flew down the track after there last burn out. I cant believe they said that thing would run 8.80.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:12 AM

this is what it comes down to....

everyone went down with intentions to race we had alot of time and money invested in the car and the whole event. It didn't go down like it was supposed to.
PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Im very happy to see that 90 percent of the members understand , for the other 10... if your gonna bash us then i will do the same.

zangel=tease
Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
In all honesty, it would have been nice to see a low dollar LSX car to showcase how fast a LSX can go on a budget.

Thats what the White Michiganspeed Mustang was. I wouldn;t say super low budget but definately a low budget car.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hell, we did EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER to race -- INCLUDING offering to race that GT.. They promised us it would be fair, made it a HUGE point that we should trust THE SHOW and not the other racers. We were all ready to go to the track. But, someone made the decision for us AND them, and we weren't allowed to race. That's it in a nutshell, because near the end of the big talk with Rich n' company in the lobby, Rich was all for us running. Apparently he's not in the loop with WHO is actually racing, and it's the responsibility of other minions of the show, and they shut him down. Rich was asking more than telling, and he was told "it's too late, it's done."
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by LS1curious
what are you saying ? We put our car up and when we lost we shook hands and went home. **** happens. I imagine after the race you could have bought your car back but trying to setup a side deal was against the contract you signed.

shame on you for building a slow *** car. We would have run anything out there.

Yeah ***** is the right word.

I ain't swining from anybodys nuts but it sure didn't see any on you guys when you talked **** for months and then it came time to put up or shut up and you guys bitched out like a bunch of little girls and ****.

Maybe you should have built a cheaper car.

If you thought you were going to beat up a mod motor car with a blower you could have been sadly mistaken. a 4v engine with a t-trim at 20 psi of boost in a light wieght fox could have easily gone mid 9's.
It would have been worth it putting the car up against something more than a 5k **** box. However, I'm not sure why you can't understand that we were ready to race and they would not let us in the gate. I will say that again if you need to hear it... but I'm pretty sure it is easy to understand. After things were explained, we were ready to go. As far as the contract, I didn't see it. All I know is what I was told and I trust the person who said it wasn't made clear to him that he couldn't do that.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1curious
Since Motown Muscle Now Owns the Michigan Speed Mustang why don;t you chicago boys come to Milan to get a good Old fashioned *** Whopin. They can take the bottle out of the car and you can spray.
Yea Im sure that pile of **** White mustang will give us a *** whooping !

That White mustang was DEAD CRAWLING ! I could lift at the 1/8 and still clip that things NUTS right off !

Anytime those Motown guys want ACTION send me a PM and they have it!

I got a Little Turbo Mustang with Full INT etc and I will drive the car anywhere
Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Im down for some action, come down to cali?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The motor in that car cost about 8-10K. it had at least $1k in suspension.
figure it was worth at least 12K.

Originally Posted by Zangel
It would have been worth it putting the car up against something more than a 5k **** box. However, I'm not sure why you can't understand that we were ready to race and they would not let us in the gate. I will say that again if you need to hear it... but I'm pretty sure it is easy to understand. After things were explained, we were ready to go. As far as the contract, I didn't see it. All I know is what I was told and I trust the person who said it wasn't made clear to him that he couldn't do that.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ditto on what ZAngel said -- it would be well worth losing the Camaro to something that would have been worth it. It would not be worth losing to a vehicle with no lasting value. But after getting everyone's panties unwadded, we stood in that hotel lobby WANTING TO RACE...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Boost12

That White mustang was DEAD CRAWLING ! I could lift at the 1/8 and still clip that things NUTS right off !

I got a Little Turbo Mustang with Full INT etc and I will drive the car anywhere
Who gives a **** what you have... We have a 1980 Ford Thunderbird that would bust your ***...

And we have plenty of FULL INTERIOR turbo mustangs that would love to hand you your *** which ever way you want...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lets get that setup.

Originally Posted by Boost12

Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Ya didn't race on Pinks. I don't give a rat's *** why. My comments are directly related to the extra-curricular activities afterward.

edit: thank you all for my lunch time entertainment
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.fquick.com/videos/LS1Tech...he_Street/2990
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

wow ..... still goin' huh

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks