Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno results from Futral Motorsports tuning in Atlanta.... FMS/TEA combos w/graphs

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dyno results from Futral Motorsports tuning in Atlanta.... FMS/TEA combos w/graphs

Its been a long two days!!! Allan and Candy from Futral Motorsports came up to Atlanta to do some tuning since almost everyone here seems to be running their camshafts. Allan tuned 14 cars in two days. Im sure hes pretty damn tired right now.

Several combos from board members on here stood out so I thought I would share them with you guys.

Biggest # of the day goes to Damian with 476/424. His setup consists of TEA 5.3s(hand finished), FMS custom camshaft, all bolt ons, Grotts through an ORY and Hooker catback and 8.8 w/4:10s. Actual final #s were 460/411 with a full belt and full exhaust. I remembered Gomer had dropped his belt on his most recent dyno to get the 474/421 so I thought we would see how these two setups compared. NOTE: Damian is running TEA 5.3 vs Gomers Patriot LS6 STYLE heads. Also Damian has an 8.8 with 4:10s Vs Gomers stock 10 bolt with 4:10s... (Not sure what that 8.8 is worth, if anything) At any rate, both guys have AWESOME setups and it seems these FMS sticks are performing QUITE WELL.... The lil ole 5.3s from TEA seem to hold their own also

Congrats to Josh, its been a long time coming and Im sure hes a happy guy... Now if only he can get outta the 12s he should be rockin

You can see Joshs dyno graph w belt and w/out below. Click on Josh B dyno graph once on my webshots page.

NEXT: BIG BIG Congrats to LowETz(Mike B) who has spent ALOT of time perfecting his mild setup to meet his expectations... Final #s on Mike B were 434/404. His setup consists of FMS F11, TEA 5.3s(hand finished)(10.8:1), all bolt ons, FULL BELT, Moser 12 bolt with 4:11s, 27" Hoosiers and FMS tuning.

As the guys on the internet would say, it would be 450s all day long with a 10 bolt and 3:42s...

Congrats Mike, you have had a long road brother, it all paid off today

LowETz graph can be seen by clicking the link below and then clicking Mike Browns dyno results.

Another big player yesterday was Smallwood.. He posted his #s a few weeks back making 413/401 on STOCK heads with no ASP pulley and no cutout. Well, Scott returned last night with pulley and cutout installed ready to make some more power. After some minor tweaking he pulled 425/411 on STOCK HEADS...Smallwoods setup consists of FMS 228/228 camshaft, stock heads, all bolt ons, GMMG exhaust, 10 bolt w 3:42s.... FWIW the cutout on his car was useless. THe car made the same power through the GMMG as it did with the cutout open.. Sounded MUCH better too

Congrats Smallwood, thats a hella # for stock heads and a VERY MILD camshaft.....

Scotts new graph is also posted. Click on Scotts new dyno results.....

A few others that I dont have graphs for offhand were

SSRallyRed pulling 409/390 on STOCK heads with an FM11 from Futral

93Polo pulling 436/418 with TEA 5.3s, F11, and all bolt ons

Saw Allan tune a couple of bolt on Z06s and still managing to find more power in the setups... One 01 Z06 with headers and a Haltech pulled 385/378....

Im sure the others who I failed to mention will chime in and give their .02 as well, there were just too many guys making power to remember them all....

Also, I gotta say thanx to 770Boy for letting me pimp his new FMS 396 through town one time. This motor purs like a kitten and drives like stock... that is until Morgan told me to hit it... HOLY **** did it pull!!!!!!!! AWESOME AWESOME motor ya got Morgan, cant wait to see it at the track bro!!!!!

Awesome weekend all and all!!!!!!!!

Heres the link to the dyno graphs

http://community.webshots.com/user/cammin

FWIW, all of these cars are daily drivers, run on 93 octane, all had exhaust, and all run extremely well....

I gotta say thanx to Brian Tooley @ TEA. I have seen this guy go WAY above and beyond with his customer service to make us locals happy. His heads are performing as promised and doing one hell of a job at it!!!!! Keep running a top notch operation Brian !!!!!

Allan and Candy @ Futral Motorsports who got in their personal vehicle and drove 570 miles EACH way to have this multi car tuning session. You guys rock!!! I have yet to see another shop out there who CONSISTENTLY makes AWESOME power and has the customer service to back it up the way you guys do!!!!! See ya in the 8s Allan

Thanx to Art @ Dynolab who also played a MAJOR role( obviously) in making this happen. Art strapped everyone of these 14 cars down and operated the dyno on EVERY pull on both days... Get some rest Art

Last edited by Cammin BeaSSt; 03-28-2004 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:41 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian is a great guy,We took your suggestion Cammin and bought S3 LT1 heads from him for a 383 project we're doing along with the 242-248 575-600 bumpstick..

I'll be buying a set of Brians heads for my car real soon too

JS
AtoZ Performance
Old 03-27-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Great results all the way around. Allan must be the tuning man! Looks like a good day for TEA too.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cammin'.....Thanx for the grats, and posting the graphs! Was indeed a fruitfull weekend for all involved! Was a little concerned after the baseline pull, but as usual, Allan pulled out every last drop in typical FMS fashion.

I'd like to thank Allan and Candy for making the long drive, and for the 1st class customer service they have become known for. Wish they could've stayed for dinner.... maybe next time. Thanks guys!!!

Also like to thank Brian Tooley @ TEA for all his help. Without his dedication and commitment to his customers.... my #'s would have suffered. You went above and beyond the call of duty, and I am most gratefull.
Thank You Brian!

Big congrats to Damian!!!!! Insane #'s.... almost unreal for the setup. Not sure I would've believed it if I hadn't seen it w/my own eyes. Ya done good brother

For the rest of the ATL. guys.... Polo, Smallwood, Ken, Morgan and the rest.... CONGRATS on your new found power!!!! See ya at the track tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man thats awesome. Congrats Futral, Damian and everybody else.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:19 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 03-28-2004, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING GENTLEMAN!!!! Congrats to ALLAN of FMS for his tuning PROWESS and incredible Customer Service (he continue to impress me more and more) and a HUGE congrats to DAMIAN and all of the other HAPPPY & PROUD CAR OWNERS and Brian and TEA as it seem like there Heads are HARD TO BEAT!!!
Old 03-28-2004, 04:51 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looking good josh, pac would be proud

out of all the setups i think im most impressed with scotts setup, since thats in line with what im looking for
Old 03-28-2004, 05:21 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great numbers (especially the torque numbers)! Congrats to all mentioned.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah there were some nice numbers pulled at dyno day. I was amazed with Lamars (93polo) car allot considering the first dyno pull was like 419/389 and after alans tuning it was 336/410. Josh glad to hear you got the big numbers, if it didnt happen we would be hearing about it for a LONG time im sure from Ron haha. Mike brown badass car and some great numbers, im sure the track times will speak for themselves. Wish I could come to the damn shootout, but I gotta work in an hour and a half. Glad I finally got to put some faces with the names, nice to meet everyone,, Todd, Josh, Mike, Allan, Candy,,,,,Hopefully there will be a few happy people at the track today, keep us posted.

Last edited by 770Guy; 03-28-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

What kind of timing/ airfuel was scotts car running? Those are awesom numbers. Its odd though his 228/228 made 22 lb-ft more than a 228/230 cam though??
Old 03-28-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrp
looking good josh, pac would be proud

out of all the setups i think im most impressed with scotts setup, since thats in line with what im looking for
Im impressed with Scott's graph as well. I hope my A4 with the 228 puts down similar numbers with a nice curve such as his. I might just have to take a drive down there and let Allan perform his magic. Congrats everyone.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd like to thank Alan, Candy, and Ron for all your help. Couldn't have done it without you guys.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks to Futral the car turned some good #s.

Ron next time you're over at the dyno feel free to get and post my graph. Didn't see it on the page. I'd like to see mine and Mike B's on the same graph just to compare tq. curves.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Location: Who said you were allowed to post in The ATLANTA SECTION?

might be gettin a FMS cam for the lt1....ehehe...see what he can do with that...

Quick Reply: Dyno results from Futral Motorsports tuning in Atlanta.... FMS/TEA combos w/graphs