Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

400 HP internally stock no Power adder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dynoing in 5th gear would HURT the numbers, not help them. Dynoing in ANY gear other than 4th would hurt the numbers.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myZ
I like this guys thinking! I'm in, I'll provide you with a healthy 7,000 mile 02 z28 100% stock in Minnesota, ls6 block even! There is a 248c dynojet just down the road.(5min) Your tuning, Hitech motorsports dynojet. You in doc???
Hey, I want to believe and what a better way to prove all these other people wrong by having me host the vid of my car hitting 400hp/tq with your package on a unbiased dyno!

Im ready when you are, Call for an appointment.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FAST LS1
Looking at the graphs again I'm sceptical it's a stock LS1 cam and heads car. The graph for a stock LS1 that dyno'd 300rwhp peaked at about 5600rpm, then the 350rwhp and 365rwhp internally stock LS1's also peaked at 5600rpm. Seems odd that your car peaked at 5900rpm and had a high peak agian at 6100rpm Spin doctor?
So you are saying external bolt-ons have no effect on rpm peaks?

Last edited by Spindoctor; 04-19-2004 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95z6spd
I think different exhaust and intake combintaions would have an effect on peak power. Its possible that by using 1 7/8" headers, 4" exhaust and LSX intake its going to bump up the peak 300 rpm's.
Yes, yes someone agrees with me.

What is the record for internally stock LT1?
Old 04-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HydroDesign
The fact of the matter is that Spindoctor has consistently NOT answered any of the pertinent questions posed to him. Thats how you run your business, huh??
My business is ran with prioritys focusing on the customers that actually trust me, not the people that just like to call BS without backing up their frivolous claims.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:00 PM
NKAWTG...N

whats highest hp gain ever seen from bolt ons? My SS got 330/349 stock+lid. Is it possible to find 70 hp in a lsx, maf, tb, free mods (aren't done), headers, exhaust, pullies, and whatever else i forgot to list? Shiet to get 400 id take off the lid and just run open maf .
Old 04-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01-Z
This thread is a joke

Worried about losing your title?
What did your car dyno in its record setting trim?
Is it an auto or manual?
Old 04-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
i mean he posted a dyno graph so it would have to be true right?

next time before you post get all the informatoin. every person on here with an idea of how things work here, post up all info people would ask in the first post. if its a cam post they dont give the specs, ok keep a little secret, but they admit its not a small cam. hurry up and post up some stuff before we beat you into the ground anymore
Jeez, have some patience. I didn't start this thread. Had I gathered all the info before I posted, you guys would have killed it in 3 pages or less. Besides, even when we post the dyno chart you guys don't believe it, so why waste my time?
Old 04-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chief455
I love that

run the car. trap speed vs weight/distance will tell us the power of the package. a dyno graph means used toilet paper once the car is tuned.
That's up to the owner.
Tell me this... what car made good (area under the curve) power on the dyno and didn't run good?

Last edited by Spindoctor; 04-18-2004 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9833211
Hey spindoc how much are u selling this Xpackage for? If it cost more than a cam swap i think its a rip off.
You need to think again.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

Look, Doc, you wanna shut everyone up, plain and simple, post the friggin' graph or the video. That will at least get some people off your back and be your first solid evidence.

Another thing. You say this argument with us "non-believers" is unimportant and not a priority, but what about if you prove all of us wrong and gain hundreds of solid believers and potential business in states all over the country? Personally, if this thing pans out to be truth I know I would be very interested and I know I speak for lots of others. You should want to prove us wrong, it would make quite the splash and give you a reputation like no other, plus possibly earn a lot of business. I think you need to re-evaluate your priorities, my friend.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Proud2bSS
It's got to be a stealth combination of a "Tornado", hidden magnets, and Marvel Mystery Oil.

Serioulsy, being that this is an internet discussion (term used loosely), it will at least be interesting if any of these claims are actually independently verified by someone we all know and trust........now if we can just find THAT magic person.
Don't tell everyone the secrets!!

With this crowd that WOULD be a MAGIC person.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9833211
Hmmm u think maybe spindoc knows some secret techniques about modding the ls1?
Often times the truth is stranger than fiction.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
400rwhp/400rwtq is not possible on an internally stock, bolt-on LS1 with no power adder. Plain and simple. End of story.
It may seem like a nightmare because your cobra needs a poweradder to get there, but wake up, it happened. Plain and simple. End of story.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by git_sum
I might be wrong but i thought that a bone stock WS6 has gone a fastest of like a 12.56 or somethin. I might be wrong but i'm pretty sure the record for the fastest stock F-body is around there somewhere. So in panama at sea level a 12.7 could be possible don't you think?
Not really because he had all of the mods that I described on the car when he did it and it was at a track that is 3 hours north of us in Montgomery, Alabama. We don't have a local 1/4 mile here just 1/8th. Also this was the same 12.7 pass that we were there to witness so we know what the car had on it...
Old 04-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z98
He could silence everyone with just a bit of proof.

But he has none.

Sad.
How much more do you want?
Old 04-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by H82BBad
The car was dyno'd in 5th gear.
I also think some funny fuel was used.
Learn how to read, or at least work on your reading comprehension skills as I have addressed both those lies in both threads.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by H82BBad
Spin rumor from people that were there suggest different fuel was used and the car was dynoed in 5th gear. Can you post the run showing the speed to prove this rumor wrong?
Yes, but they will just say that I had a 4.88 gear in the car to show the correct MPH, or that I magically changed the dyno readings, or some other stupid bullshit, so why waste my time?

Just come by the shop and I will show you the damned thing in person, would that satisfy you?
Old 04-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Look, Doc, you wanna shut everyone up, plain and simple, post the friggin' graph or the video. That will at least get some people off your back and be your first solid evidence.

Another thing. You say this argument with us "non-believers" is unimportant and not a priority, but what about if you prove all of us wrong and gain hundreds of solid believers and potential business in states all over the country? Personally, if this thing pans out to be truth I know I would be very interested and I know I speak for lots of others. You should want to prove us wrong, it would make quite the splash and give you a reputation like no other, plus possibly earn a lot of business. I think you need to re-evaluate your priorities, my friend.
Dude, did you not read the owners post? The graph is on my website, The graph is on my website, The graph is on my website.

As for the Video, I am still waiting to get it, so I can't do anything till then. I just want you guys to know that I am not sitting around with idle time. You do have a good point, though.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:38 AM
11 Second Club

Hey spindoc how much is it? can u PM with details?

Quick Reply: 400 HP internally stock no Power adder?