Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

400 HP internally stock no Power adder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 12:12 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DenzSS
Based on the cylinder pressures, compression ratio, cylinder head flow, and stock camshaft(depending on the year), it is impossible to approach 400rwtq on the stock motor. Physics and engineering tell us otherwise.

The only way to increase torque is to increase the cylinder pressure, increase the stroke, or increase the airflow at an RPM where the cylinder can no longer be sufficiently filled with air.

Are there some ways to improve upon the stock configuration? Yes, but not significantly.

Gator paraphrased :

He is spot on. If you fall for this goon's claims you are incredibly foolish. It is obvious that he is being deceptive in the highest order. Either he is being openly deceptive and marketing his product or he has no functional knowledge of the internal combustion engine. In either case, he should be avoided at all costs.

The LS1/LS6 is not a miracle engine. It continues to function in the same manner as all others. Always keep that in mind.
I'm not sticking up for or even close to believeing it, all I'm saying is on a dynojet there is a possibilty it could be done with enough time and effort. That doesnt mean its REALLY putting out 400rwt, that just means its putting it out on a dynojet. Weight and trap speed with a GOOD m6 driver will tell anyways.

I made a simple offer, come put it on our dynojet. Its his customer's car, if he doesnt want to thats ok I can understand. I'm done with it
Old 04-14-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sticking up for or even close to believeing it, all I'm saying is on a dynojet there is a possibilty it could be done with enough time and effort. That doesnt mean its REALLY putting out 400rwt, that just means its putting it out on a dynojet. Weight and trap speed with a GOOD m6 driver will tell anyways.

I made a simple offer, come put it on our dynojet. Its his customer's car, if he doesnt want to thats ok I can understand. I'm done with it
You're definitely right. It is easy to spoof a Dynojet.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
I also doubt he is pulling you by a car now
No, he doesn't pull me now, but he has hung mighty close before at about 2-3 cars back or so. Which is too close for me and many others to think that his car is internally stock.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,162 Likes on 756 Posts

I've heard of 370rwhp from an M6 F-body with full boltons. I did 330rwhp with boltons and a 98 M6 F-car in early 99 without tuning and with cats so 350rwhp was possible for that car. LS1 intake too. So to me 360rwhp is very very doable in an F-car.

I have heard of a 98Z M6 with a 03 LS6 crate block and boltons doing 380rwhp thru Mac headers.

Z06's have better heads and more compression so they will dyno more.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

Maybe someone opened up a nitrous bottle next to the car while they were dynoying. Hey, if the kit isn't on the car it's still N/A right? LOL

Unlike some, I don't have as much of an issue with the TQ numbers. Bolt on cars have more TQ than HP. It's the 400 HP that I'm calling BS on. I still think the car might have come off the assembly line with an LS6 shortblock or maybe even LS6 heads like the Colonel suggested. Either case, there's your extra 20 HP. 380 HP bolt on is doable.

One more thing, why run the 1 7/8 headers? They're too big for the stock exhaust
port and that would lead to turbulence in the exhaust, thus costing you HP and TQ.

As far as tearing the motor down, guess what, you won't be able to see a multi angle valve job. That's worth 5-10 HP, maybe more, right there.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I have heard of a 98Z M6 with a 03 LS6 crate block and boltons doing 380rwhp thru Mac headers.

Z06's have better heads and more compression so they will dyno more.
If it's an internally stock LS6 the numbers are completely believable since the 400rwhp mark was eclipsed a while ago by stock internal ZO6's even thru the IRS. The problem is he's claiming its an internally stock LS1 and those numbers are about 30rwhp more than anyones ever gotten.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spindoctor
Nope, just the same dumbass on both forums. The so called race happened long before the car was anywhere near 400 and he barely won, even though he had a ~500 lb raceweight advantage and is an overly aggressive driver, and she (owner of the car) had never raced before and didn't even know how to speed shift.

Dumbass ? Try saying that to my face and I'll back hand you so hard your pony tail will fall off!!!! I put about 5 cars on her and yes I am a better driver but have you weighed my car ? No! Maybe 100lbs differance but not much my car is fully loaded still and always will be. As for cars in your Sig Where is the fastest H/C F-body ? Blown up thats where its at. Haveing a hidden dry kit on that car doesnt count Dumbass!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

yah right brow
Old 04-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fbodysetc
Dumbass ? Try saying that to my face and I'll back hand you so hard your pony tail will fall off!!!! I put about 5 cars on her and yes I am a better driver but have you weighed my car ? No! Maybe 100lbs differance but not much my car is fully loaded still and always will be. As for cars in your Sig Where is the fastest H/C F-body ? Blown up thats where its at. Haveing a hidden dry kit on that car doesnt count Dumbass!!!
Just because you needed 2 wet kits to run with it on the motor, doesn't mean it had a dry kit. Don't you think it would have trapped a little more than 126 if it had nitrous?

I have scales, come on up to the shop and we will weigh your car.

PS. where is your car? Blown up thats where!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Just because you needed 2 wet kits to run with it on the motor, doesn't mean it had a dry kit. Don't you think it would have trapped a little more than 126 if it had nitrous?

I have scales, come on up to the shop and we will weigh your car.

PS. where is your car? Blown up thats where!
2 kits ? Not my car But I guess your talking about the white LT1 car right ? That ran 7.30 on the motor 6.76 on 100 shot and 6.50's on another 75. What did that car run on a tnt kit ? My bad it slowed down, go figure. Are you going to weigh it for free ? Do you want to make a bet on how much it weighs ?

My car is out my house Im changing a few things. It also runs pretty good, good enough to out run any LS1 you have or worked on!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Teching In

This is WAY off topic, buthow can you determine if you have one of the LS6 blocks or heads in the car? I know you look at the casting #'s, but where are they located on the heads an block?
Old 04-14-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have put my money where my mouth is, which part don't you understand?

Man I've tallked to you in person you seemed like a fairly smart guy. I'm seriously doubting that now. If you own a turner shop, you work on cars for a living and your reputation as an honest top notch turner could make or brake you... I would think that you would try to protect that! Several members such as KP and the Colonel have offered to pay money or offer dyno service to prove your claim and you did was make excuses. I'm part owner of a business and if my business makes a claim that it could do something, we make sure that we can back it up. Why your not doing so is the the part I don't understand!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Casting on lower edge/corner of heads "241" = LS1, "243" = LS6
Need a mirror, or lower tranny end of motor to see multi-digit stamping for the block, which is on the back upper driver's side deck. The LS6 blocks also have a different hue of the aluminum casting due to processing, but I don't recall whether it was shinier or duller vs. the LS1 castings.

A search should turn up the thread for the exact info on the LS6 vs LS1 blocks.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

This has been a very exciting thread to read and not a dull moment. Also, this equals the Jerry Springer show for laughts and strange things.......
Old 04-14-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Question

i just breezed through, but why has noone asked this guy the following?....

1. you do not say if the numbers on the car are SAE corrected or not.
2. you said that you did it in 4th on page 4 of this eternal thread. Was it A4 or M6? A4s are supposed to be dynoed in 3rd (1:1 ratio)

just cuirous
Old 04-14-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cokeroker

2. you said that you did it in 4th on page 4 of this eternal thread. Was it A4 or M6? A4s are supposed to be dynoed in 3rd (1:1 ratio)

just cuirous

It has been metioned about being SAE correction and the car is an M6.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cokeroker

just cuirous
1. He hasn't Sayed if it was SAE corrected or not =(

2. It's a M6

All i have to Comment on this post is. Congratz, If you leggitly Put those #'s down you Just set a World Record for Highest M6 Bolt on Internal Stock F-body and i give you Props..... If Not, This has been the Biggest waste of my Time.

Laters Steve-0
Old 04-14-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

right on.... my bad... like i said, i just skimmed the thread. don't have time to read 7 pages worth

Originally Posted by 1ORANGEWS6
It has been metioned about being SAE correction and the car is an M6.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wanna Bet?

Yes how much do you have to lose?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow haha who are you trying kid here man. you have not answered any of the questions. get yoru *** out and look at the casting numbers on the heads and tell us. like someone else said, the stock heads and cam do no flow enough to produce that kind of horse power. and putting huge exhaust and intake like that wouldnt help. dont the stock heads flow something like 230 cfm and the ls6 intake flows like 270 cfm or something? i think i read someone else taht put that but it might be wrong and if it is disregaurd that statement. but what im saying is on a stock cam and head motor it wouldnt demand that much air to take in or need to get that much out. i would love to see the graph cause im sure this car gets reallllllllllllllllllllllllllll low hp down low due to the open intake and exhuast, might as well run with the headers unbolted.

be more specific here. what parts are on here, and what parts have been modified. ture it may have stock ls1 heads but are they ported stock ls1 heads. does the car have a high ratio roller rocker and better springs and your cna rev the hell out of it? did you use a cooling fan that blew 250 mph winds into the air lid to simulate a supercharger? lol i mean for all the **** your talkin your not backing anything up here, like at all. with stock ls1 parts i just dont see that much hp with the internal restrictions. get us some numbers, the dyno graph, tell us whats in this package, and some more details others are wanting to know.

i just dont see why your so stubborn and dont seem to want to tell us much. if you could prove this, maybe do it on another car and use another dyno, man there will be a line at yoru door tomorrow waiting for you to open. the way i see it, along with others, is if this was true you would do everything in your power to prove it.

if this was me i would do everything in my power to prove everyone on here wrong. i would organize a huge event showing the install and dyno AND track runs. cause u know after that if it did the same numbers and went fast you would prob have enough work for the next year. i wanna see this at the track. dyno numbers dont mean **** really. look at the post for lowest dyno numbers. some cars making 315 at the wheels but would prob smoke some head and cam cars. one of them was running mid-low 11's and under 335 rwhp. its not about big numbers its about using the power at the right spots. that 401 hp only hits for a split second and then thats it. like i said i bet this thing is weak off the line and doesnt have any low end power compaired to most bolt on cars. so get on here and prove us wrong cause i know a lot of people that would love a 400 rwhp bolt on car but if your not gonna prove it then

Quick Reply: 400 HP internally stock no Power adder?