Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

400 HP internally stock no Power adder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 04:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy is the biggest BS artist on this board, and ya know what, he might get some business out of it.

SpinDR, you most certainly live up to your name. You're spinning quite a tale and everyone, including myself, is eating it up. Aside from that, you are an assclown.

I'll post the graphs tomorrow. BS
My customers don't post. So then why are you? BS
X package. MAJOR BULL ****.

SPINDOCTOR, inventor of the X-LAX package. 400 HORSE **** AND 400 LBS OF BULL ****.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:09 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
This guy is the biggest BS artist on this board, and ya know what, he might get some business out of it.

SpinDR, you most certainly live up to your name. You're spinning quite a tale and everyone, including myself, is eating it up. Aside from that, you are an assclown.

SPINDOCTOR, inventor of the X-LAX package. 400 HORSE **** AND 400 LBS OF BULL ****.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer

HAHAHAHAHA perfectly said Silver. We're waiting on you Doc!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Yeah its been like 3 days....You should have been able to do everything you said you would attempt to do by now....

1) Post the graph
2) Convert the video to digital and post
3) Arrange a dyno with KP
4) Arrange a tear down with Colonel

How about 1 of the 4 at least?
Not to meantion the two standing offers to put the X package on their cars and if it made the hp then Spindoctor gets paid and a ton of ****'s beating down his door for more installs and if it does not make the power then his bullshit is called and he forfits the parts.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Question Whats in this "X-PACKAGE"?

Spin doctor, Can you list ALL the mods done to the car?

I have trouble with the phrase "bolt on" cars as some people consider a supercharger as a "bolt on" ...

I want to hear every single mod done to the car. Also mention the A/F ratio on the dyno run please (i want to know if its running too lean or not).

Also let us know when you can post the graph.

Lets try to stop the BS calling already seriously .. 15 pages is more than enough.. dont you agree?

I think its time we just wait and see what he has to say.
We're waiting
Old 04-15-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spindoctor
And like I told them, I am ready, willing, and waiting.
Then do it! Batter Up! Swing batter,batter Swing! Striiiike!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Default Hi, everyone.

I would just like to say Hi. To everyone.

I am the owner of the 400/400 WS6. We have been working on this project for a while. I went to Spin (after checking out several other shops) after buying the car brand new. We originally only talked about exhaust, but the more he talked about the X Package the more interested I became. Now, I don't claim to know everything about cars, but I did know that no one had been able to get 400 rwhp out of stock F-Body with only bolt-ons. Spin promised 400 with bolt-ons only and he delivered. I am extremely happy with the job, car, and Speed Engineering.

However, it is very upsetting as a customer to read all the negative posts coming from other LS1 shops and Tuners. I never imagined it would be this way. I expected everyone to be as excited as Spin, myself and the numerous spectators watching. To be there and actually witness the 1st Ls1 F-Body NA (no PA, or H/C) put down over 400 rwhp and tq was truly amazing, especially since it was my car.

I just wanted everyone to know that I have 100% confidence in Spin's abilities and that the 400.7/401.6 was made honestly. I know this may not mean anything to anyone here, but I felt I had to speak up.

P.S. If you will look under the "Records" page on www.speedengineeringanddyno.com you can see the dyno sheet for yourself.

Last edited by "X" rated; 04-16-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by "X" rated
I would just like to say Hi. To everyone.

I am the owner of the 400/400 WS6. We have been working on this project for a while. I went to Spin (after checking out several other shops) after buying the car brand new. We originally only talked about exhaust, but the more he talked about the X Package the more interested I became. Now, I don't claim to know everything about cars, but I did know that no one had been able to get 400 rwhp out of stock F-Body with only bolt-ons. Spin promised 400 with bolt-ons only and he delivered. I am extremely happy with the job, car, and Speed Engineering.

However, it is very upsetting as a customer to read all the negative posts coming from other LS1 shops and Tuners. I never imagined it would be this way. I expected everyone to be as excited as Spin, myself and the numerous spectators watching. To be there and actually witness the 1st Ls1 F-Body NA (no PA, or H/C) put down over 400 rwhp and tq was truly amazing, especially since it was my car.

I just wanted everyone to know that I have 100% confidence in Spin's abilities and that the 400.7/401.6 was made honestly. I know this may not mean anything to anyone here, but I felt I had to speak up.

P.S. If you will look under the "Records" page on www.speedengineeringanddyno.com you can see the dyno sheet for yourself.
Okay - can you provide us with a simple list of the parts bolted on that made the power increase - along with the dyno run conditions?
That is what everyone is interested in.
thanks!
Old 04-16-2004, 02:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chief455
Okay - can you provide us with a simple list of the parts bolted on that made the power increase - along with the dyno run conditions?
That is what everyone is interested in.
thanks!
Now that I've read this 8 page saga I have to wonder: since arguements have been made that the claims might be true - at what cost?
Money, driveability, reliability and consistency?
Remember cars like swiss cheese framed, aluminum body panel, drilled spool and axle rearended factory race cars in the early '60s? They blazed new trails in e.t.s for "stock production" cars - but who the hell wanted to drive one every day, or go that route as a race car?
More cost effective and consistant to make real power with matched cam/heads/intake/exhaust than the most expensive intake, pricey headers and hours tweaking and sneaking that will vary on each car.
Will the "X" package make 400/400 on all 98-02 F-bodies like a good head/cm set up? Or only on this car we have talked about but seen no dyno graph and EXACT parts/mods list for?(will ANYONE buy a package without that?)
Will the package be a nice, reliable and consistant driving 11 second set up?
Do tell.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looking at the graph it looks like peak was at 5900rpm with power not falling off even at 6100rpm.
I can understand that a 30rwhp increase over the other bolt-on graphs I've seen would cause the peak hp rpm to shift, but the shift should be consistent for that power increase. At first glance it looks consistent but it's late and I'd rather let some of the pro's be the judge.

362rwhp graph for internally stock LS1.

This link is a bone stock 300rwhp LS1.
http://www.ls1.com/link_dyno2.html

This link is about 350rwhp internally stock.
http://www.cobraeater.cz28.com/cgi-b...re%20After.jpg

Spin's graph is 400rwhp, so comparing these three graphs should reveal some kind of corrilation if it truely is a stock LS1 cam and Heads.

Last edited by FAST LS1; 04-16-2004 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chief455
Will the package be a nice, reliable and consistant driving 11 second set up?
You can bet your bottom dollar it will be just that and more!
Old 04-16-2004, 03:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spindoctor
You can bet your bottom dollar it will be just that and more!
What about the rest of my questions:
Chief455 "Will the "X" package make 400/400 on all 98-02 F-bodies like a good head/cm set up? Or only on this car we have talked about but seen no dyno graph and EXACT parts/mods list for?(will ANYONE buy a package without that?)
Will the package be a nice, reliable and consistant driving 11 second set up?"

Come on man - why the ?
spell out your x - package and cost!
provide some objective evidence that back up your claims and watch the line form at your door!
Otherwise keep it a secret
Old 04-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Banned

This is like an episode of Crank Yankers, and Special Ed says-- YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHYYYYY, we broke the world record, YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHYYYY. And everyone in the shop is trying to high 5 each other but they keep missing each others hands. LOL

That's right, you guys broke a WORLD RECORD. Wait, who's that knocking on the door? Can it be? Did the news spread so fast? Why it's Mr Guiness himself, pen in hand, waiting to document your world record. He says to all, "the non-existent LS1 bolt-on horsepower WORLD RECORD is yours".

Mr Guiness is shown the dyno sheet as proof this is infact WORLD RECORD material. He studies it for a minute or so, his eyes darting side to side and up and down. Then, the kindly old man looks up and says, "How the fukk did you make 400 hp at 5900 RPM with a stock LS1 cam?"
Old 04-16-2004, 08:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

that thing is still making power at 6200 rpm... intake valve still closes at sttock time right???
Old 04-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Spindoctor, you might want to change that sig. You're "10.76 @ 126" car is NOT the fastest hyd. cam M6 346 (I'm assuming you meant in a F-body). I believe Pete (bspz28) is and he ran a 10.69 @ 128.

Chris
Old 04-16-2004, 09:34 AM
myZ
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DenzSS
Ding...Ding...Prizewinner!.

I'll tell you what. I'll make a wager with you. I'll provide you with a bone stock '02
Firehawk. I'll install all of your X package on it and videotape the whole thing. You then come to Kansas City, do YOUR tuning. We'll slap it on a local, unbiased, proven Dynojet 248. If you make 400/400, you'll have your proof. If it doesn't, it stays on the car for free.

If you can do it, you get your proof. If you can't, it goes into the circular file with the rest of the BS claims.
I like this guys thinking! I'm in, I'll provide you with a healthy 7,000 mile 02 z28 100% stock in Minnesota, ls6 block even! There is a 248c dynojet just down the road.(5min) Your tuning, Hitech motorsports dynojet. You in doc???
Hey, I want to believe and what a better way to prove all these other people wrong by having me host the vid of my car hitting 400hp/tq with your package on a unbiased dyno!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking at the graphs again I'm sceptical it's a stock LS1 cam and heads car. The graph for a stock LS1 that dyno'd 300rwhp peaked at about 5600rpm, then the 350rwhp and 365rwhp internally stock LS1's also peaked at 5600rpm. Seems odd that your car peaked at 5900rpm and had a high peak agian at 6100rpm Spin doctor?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

I think different exhaust and intake combintaions would have an effect on peak power. Its possible that by using 1 7/8" headers, 4" exhaust and LSX intake its going to bump up the peak 300 rpm's.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

The fact of the matter is that Spindoctor has consistently NOT answered any of the pertinent questions posed to him. Thats how you run your business, huh??
Old 04-16-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are my opinions on a few things concerning bolt-on only LS1s...

1 7/8" headers compared to 1 3/4" = Nothing or next to nothing. Possible loss.
LSX intake compared to LS6 intake = Very little if anything.
Electric water pump = A few ponies.

Add these things up and you *might*, in a perfect world, have 10 RWHP over the same setup with 1 3/4 headers, LS6 intake and a standard water pump (assuming an underdrive pulley is used.) Don't think these things are a magic combination that somehow make an additional 30 RWHP. No way, no how....I don't care whatcha' smokin'!

X rated, have you checked the number on the passenger's side head to verify that it says 241? Have you any plans to test it at another dyno? And do you have any plans to take it to the track? 117 MPH trap speeds shouldn't be too much of a problem with that kind of power even if the car is stock weight.

Quick Reply: 400 HP internally stock no Power adder?