Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Any Good Exhaust Shops in PA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Good Exhaust Shops in PA?

I'm in PA, and i travel between Lancaster County and Philly weekly. I am lookin for a good exhaust shop to have lots of stuff put on for me. I dont have the time nor the knowledge to put it all together myself. I'm lookin for a place that specializes in ls1s, that could recommend things specific for my car. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know asap... got some extra cash in this week
Old 10-01-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

honestly if you want specific for the car alk to the guy's at external mod's. granted you'll have the usual internet know it all's but there are a number of guy's over there that can give you good recommendations. also most exhaust shop's in my experince try one or two thisngs and that's want they want to stick with. I've found several and it seem's true for most. There is one in myerstown pa about 45 min north of lancaster that will try something for you if you can show them how you want it done but they won't warrenty it if they feel it's prone to damage. (aka true duel's with side exit exhaust). personally I like the true dual's with sweet thunder's. I don't have it on my car right now as I'm in the middle of redoing it and doing a lot of suspension mod's to it right now.also most shop's recommend the flowmaster exhuast. I pewersonaly don't because I like it to be louder then that. if you want a good sound and something more mild it is a good choice though.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

your from myerstown? ive been to that exhaust shop before when i had a cat put on my jeep.. my pop owns the pharmacy right there on main street. do you know the guys that work there? i was pretty happy with the jeep, just dont know what knowledge they have with camaros.. maybe ill swing by there sometime and see what they have to say
Old 10-01-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

also most exhaust shop's in my experince try one or two thisngs and that's want they want to stick with.
That's what I notice around here too. I'm from the Boston area, and I would consider it awesome if there was a place that sold multiple exhaust options for the F-body at various price tiers, could make good recommendations and install what they sell. I've been looking into an exhaust and all the places around here only sell Flowmaster, or sell MagnaFlow and Bullit and that's it. I'd really like some other options from some people who knew what they were working with.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

philly I'll tell ya right now they are going to recommend the flowmaster. before you go in there know what you want. better yet what are you tring to achive? have a good plan before you walk in there because they have done camaro's but they all have the same exhaust almost. als othe guy that own's it is daviad martian's son who is a very good guy and so is his son. he'll give ya a cfar deal' he's tring to make a living but won't rape you on what you get. als odid you realize they have a new shop next ot the new dutchway store? it's at the fisrt light east of 501 on 422. and yes I'm from myerstown lived in the are for about 13 year's now.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

What do you need put on? Stay away from Flowmasters on an LS1. The stock systems are better. Give me a call. I'm near Reading. Number is in sig...
Old 10-03-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

I vouch for Mikey dude...worth the trip from Myerstown.

Bob S.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will second the vote for Mikey. He can help you put together a killer ride. As far as Flowmasters are concerned I have personal experience with them and you will not make any power with them and maybe lose a little over stock. The Flowmaster does sound great but your better off with something else unless you are going to run a cutout and just want the Flowmaster for sound.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:21 AM
TECH Regular

i dont want to get something just for sound, just doesn't make sense to me. Whatever i get is for the gain and if it sounds great, thats just a byproduct that i dont mind taking

Dogger, thanks for the info, and Myerstown is def easier for me, but i dont want flowmasters, and Im at school in philly right now so mikey is easier. But i'm sure ill see you around myerstown now and then.. u have any pics of ur car? maybe ive seen you around

Mikey, i'm busy with tests right now, but ill give you a call in the next week or two. I'm at school in philly and i mapquested ur shop and thats only an hour away, so it works out well. In the mean time, ill start thinkin about what i want done... i'll take any suggestions too, its my DD so nothing deafening but still like a little rumble to go along with a lot of power
Old 10-04-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will let Mikey chime in but he is going to probably tell you to go with Magnaflow. Listen to whatever he tells you and it will work.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Borla or Magnaflow. You can't beat the Magnaflow for price and quality. It's got a nice low tone at idle but rips pretty good under WOT. If you're looking for headers, of course I recommend the Kooks becuase they last forever and make the most power. Hookers are cheap and are cheap... On a daily driver, you'll end up with rusted headers inside of 6 months.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

hey philly I don't have any pic's of the car right now it's just a stock red z28 with factory five spoke chrome rim's the car won't be on the road agian until probly mid spring(mod time) I have a black silverado with a front brush guard and american racing rim's that I drive everday. rear window's tinted and I'm going ot to do the side's shortly.if ya get in the area and looking to have fun let me know.

mike I'm wondering if you can ben some pipe over the rear axle for true duel's for me? I was going to do it myself but I don't realy have a anything to get it done right now.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

hey mikey, sorry about not calling about the system.. i got in a little trouble with the law so i wont be able to afford the system till after christmas
Old 10-23-2005, 07:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No problem. Just call me when you're ready.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

alright, i will thanks