Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. Over Here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the exhuast on this afternoon, and i started the car to let it warm up to try and take to o2s off again...and the CEL went off finally...so i dont know if for some reason the exhaust being off cause it to go on... but im going to put the car on a lift and change the o2s in a few days..i still couldnt get them with the car on the ground
Old 09-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
LMAO! ill race him and you too! oohhhh what now! Lol. And the dual will be goin all the way back over the axle thank you very much and its for sound of course.

oh yah, and ws9 hood comin in from us exotics...so that should be good for another 50rwhp

edit: oh yeah, sorry i forgot about your question. Im running stock clutch and shitty summoto tires or something like that. I doubt id hit a 4 k launch. but it'd be fun to try
Best add a new panhard bar if you are going over the axle and out the back.

Looking at your mod's I think I will be nice only use the wife's car, CAI and headers, not even a converter in it.

Best thing you did was over sleep this morning with a stock clutch. MIR is a clutch killin track if they prep'd it in the least bit. But those tires might have saved the clutch.

Anyone know how much a tow from MIR back down here is? What is the going rate now with fuel cost where they are at now days. AAA only gets you about 1/2 way here.

Have fun out on the boat.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
got the exhuast on this afternoon, and i started the car to let it warm up to try and take to o2s off again...and the CEL went off finally...so i dont know if for some reason the exhaust being off cause it to go on... but im going to put the car on a lift and change the o2s in a few days..i still couldnt get them with the car on the ground
Let me guess the O2's are fairly close to the end of the exhaust before. There was some reversion going on and they were reading air being sucked back up in the collector.

When Chad scanned the car were they stuck around .1XX mv? There might not be anything wrong with them.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

speaking of AAA i need to upgrade my account...
Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Junkie

the o2s are in the regular location...and i have 16'' extensions on each collector...

brian and chad both said the o2s were dead..but i dont know what they were reading exactly. maybe brian or chad remembers what they were reading.

it was still kinda hunting for an idle when i would rev it, but it would find one after a few seconds.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Anybody gonna post track times from MIR???
Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grandsport1963
I just want a piece of the car in your sig sounds like the setup I have!
Let me know, a Rustang picked on me last night. Why does everyone want to pick on me lately
Old 09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

when my car is tuned ill pick on you...but you gotta be on over inflated street tires and i need to be set out a ricerish 20 lengths! lol
Old 09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
the o2s are in the regular location...and i have 16'' extensions on each collector...

brian and chad both said the o2s were dead..but i dont know what they were reading exactly. maybe brian or chad remembers what they were reading.

it was still kinda hunting for an idle when i would rev it, but it would find one after a few seconds.
They were dead, mostly flatlined high or low with a small bit of switching in between (this was after replacing the fuse). Were you able to check the wires? Is the fuse still blowing? The idle needs to be retuned and the O2s aren't helping it any. Is it still bogging off the line?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bshell
They were dead, mostly flatlined high or low with a small bit of switching in between (this was after replacing the fuse). Were you able to check the wires? Is the fuse still blowing? The idle needs to be retuned and the O2s aren't helping it any. Is it still bogging off the line?
i havent driven it since. It popped the one morning I drove it, and in the afternoon I drove it home and it was fine. I will be driving it tomorrow morning, so I will see how it does then. I changed the plugs and fixed the loose terminal on the battery. The wires looked good, and I didnt see anything wrong with them. Im going to try and get it tuned as soon as I can.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They were dead, mostly flat lined high or low with a small bit of switching in between (this was after replacing the fuse). Were you able to check the wires? Is the fuse still blowing? The idle needs to be retuned and the O2s aren't helping it any. Is it still bogging off the line?

Brian told me to get ne o2's and it helped mine out alot getting the corvette rear Bosch 13111 o2 sensors! + you can sell your old o2" Extensions.

brian tuned my car for about 30 mins and it runs great! No surging at all! Goes straight to idle i love it! here is a cold start vid
http://media.putfile.com/magnamouth-and-231237-cam
I have full boltons with 231/237cam with 413whp on a 99 m6 and he says its has more in it due to minor tuning. He calls my car a factory freak. it dose run mid to high 11's with cam only
Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StangAddict
when my car is tuned ill pick on you...but you gotta be on over inflated street tires and i need to be set out a ricerish 20 lengths! lol
Nah door to door, both on 93 octane, I'll give you the kick What did Jeff say on Pinks about 20 cars?I still think you should do away with that stock ECU and do a newer faster flash PCM. Then you can use the a newer smaller MAF. It's good up to 690rwhp and newer are good to 900rwhp. I drove the 900+ C5 that Jeff did and it drove like stock C5.

Last edited by I1ULUZ; 09-16-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Nah door to door, both on 93 octane, I'll give you the kick What did Jeff say on Pinks about 20 cars?I still think you should do away with that stock ECU and do a newer faster flash PCM. Then you can use the a newer smaller MAF. It's good up to 690rwhp and newer are good to 900rwhp. I drove the 900+ C5 that Jeff did and it drove like stock C5.
I plan on doing it, but i want to see Todd finish his swap first to how it looks when its all put together!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StangAddict
I plan on doing it, but i want to see Todd finish his swap first to how it looks when its all put together!
Gotcha. Not sure how soon he'll get it done.

Bringing the beast out Saturday?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by KONG
Anybody gonna post track times from MIR???

I'll start.... mine starts with a 1 and ends with a 7... Lets see who can fill in the blanks. Mind you, I was on street tires, the 150 jets and cut a 2.03 60'....

-If you were there, dont ruin the fun LOL..

1X.X7
Old 09-17-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I broke the mid 13's on my stock lil skittle!!! 13.6@102. I couldnt break better then a 2.0 60'.... She has more in her. I was launching at 3500rpms with no wheel spin.... Next time I will try a 4k see what happens. I was only seeing 14psi with the AGP WGA(stock boost), so I want to bump it up to 18psi and see if I can break into the low 13's.... Oh yea, me and Shawn added some 116octane to her....
Old 09-17-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have videos of everyones runs. As soon as I can edit them, I will post them.... Pretty much everyone was happy with the turnout.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
I have videos of everyones runs. As soon as I can edit them, I will post them.... Pretty much everyone was happy with the turnout.

It was definitely a good weekend. Two new PB's for me on the skreet rubber too much of a bonehead to put some tires on it I guess... tired of breaking **** LOL...
Old 09-17-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

well, i drove the car to work and back just now...and its driving fine

its not bogging down at all anymore, and it just burns the tires up if i get on it in first or second gear. weird, right?

the exhaust is leaking a lil around the band clamps that hold the x pipe to the collectors...but its been doing that for a while. I thought i felt a small vibration on the highway at ~70mph, but i couldnt pinpoint it, and it didnt do it all the time. i think it might be the front end out of alignment/tires need to be rebalanced.

other than that....good to go still needs a tune of course.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

See, you could have come with us yesterday....

Oh yea, thats what over 4xx lb ft of torque will do to 285 series street tires in first and second at WOT.... burn them up!

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. Over Here!