Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 10:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Aster
I am glad to hear this, we need more daily drivers around here... I believe everyone should have a 700+ hp daily.
I could drive mine daily, but the driveabililty sucks *** right now. Not real sure why. Gotta get it sorted out.
Old 02-23-2010 | 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aster
I am glad to hear this, we need more daily drivers around here... I believe everyone should have a 700+ hp daily.
Front me the cash and I will make my Comp T/A a 700+ hp DD. Only problem is I was just laid off from work. (Economy's better my ***)
Old 02-23-2010 | 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Ah I feel ya man!!! Thankfully when I got off active duty from the Marines I had a decent job lined up. Being a mechanic, and the fact that my company contracts out to the navy we have work lined up for awhile. Trust me....breaking 700 has been a looong time coming. I've been through 3 camaros, 3 different setups lol. Still not quite there but will be in a couple weeks! Havent gotten the ARH headders yet but I'll post pics of all the parts as I getem. I believe we need more 600+ DD's out there to represent that F-bodys are a force to be reckoned with lol. Many a BMW, Ferrari, Porche and other exotic drivers have figured that out the hard way down here in sunny so cal at the helm of my car or other counterparts lol (tomz28). I will contine to DD my car and at least drive it multiple times a week. Most of us didnt build the cars to baby them and let them sit....atleast I cant afford to lol....put the money into it...USE IT!!! lol
Old 02-23-2010 | 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue00zzleeper
ah i feel ya man!!! Thankfully when i got off active duty from the marines i had a decent job lined up. Being a mechanic, and the fact that my company contracts out to the navy we have work lined up for awhile. Trust me....breaking 700 has been a looong time coming. I've been through 3 camaros, 3 different setups lol. Still not quite there but will be in a couple weeks! Havent gotten the arh headders yet but i'll post pics of all the parts as i getem. I believe we need more 600+ dd's out there to represent that f-bodys are a force to be reckoned with lol. Many a bmw, ferrari, porche and other exotic drivers have figured that out the hard way down here in sunny so cal at the helm of my car or other counterparts lol (tomz28). I will contine to dd my car and at least drive it multiple times a week. Most of us didnt build the cars to baby them and let them sit....atleast i cant afford to lol....put the money into it...use it!!! Lol
well said!!!
Old 02-23-2010 | 11:33 PM
9 Second Club

Very ture my friend and how sad for those "Many a BMW, Ferrari, Porche and other exotic drivers"
Old 02-24-2010 | 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks ricky!!...I just know most of us cant afford to put lots of time and money into our cars and not use them! A lot of people laugh and kid saying I'm always on it but the truth is...I AM! lol. If theres something more expensive/exotic then my car driving around I want him to know hes not king ****. I'm sure most of you guys are the same lol. Even if I dont win...he knows that he didnt win my much lol
Old 02-24-2010 | 11:38 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

You guys talking about DD and the x amount of HP etc... I make a little bit of power and its not the power that kills the reliabiliy its the beating they take from repeated runs LOL! Mine drive great and I have had to drive them at times as my DD for short periods without any reliability issues cause your not at 7or 800hp when your driving normally. Accutally, its just the temptation is allways there and there is always someone pulling up in there stock car with a cat back that wants to race you lol. I still see a lot of people taking short cuts with some of there builds also. You can get away with a lot of stuff at the drag strip that you can't get away with on a DD street vehicle and the same the goes the other way if you want it to have any real street manners.
Old 02-25-2010 | 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Inspector12
You guys talking about DD and the x amount of HP etc... I make a little bit of power and its not the power that kills the reliabiliy its the beating they take from repeated runs LOL! Mine drive great and I have had to drive them at times as my DD for short periods without any reliability issues cause your not at 7or 800hp when your driving normally. Accutally, its just the temptation is allways there and there is always someone pulling up in there stock car with a cat back that wants to race you lol. I still see a lot of people taking short cuts with some of there builds also. You can get away with a lot of stuff at the drag strip that you can't get away with on a DD street vehicle and the same the goes the other way if you want it to have any real street manners.

Exactly Inspector. I have had no problems so far driving my car daily, but you are right the temptation to lean on it is always there. That being said I rarely do, part throttle is more than enough fun for daily use. Besides there's no point in using a gallon of gas in a few moments for some stock car that wants to race.

It is just every time I am driving the wife's car I'm wishing I was in the TA instead. The street manners on my car are exceptional, to the point it is almost like driving a stock car until you ease into the gas pedal. It never drove this good on the old N/A motor.

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Front me the cash and I will make my Comp T/A a 700+ hp DD.
It was a long time in the making getting it to this point a few pieces at a time, along with a few untimely catastrophe's which forced me to upgrade sooner than expected.
Old 03-06-2010 | 12:09 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Gotta bump this thread for more updates from you guys. I'm waiting on my crank pinning kit to get here to keep going forward with my install, but I've got my fuel pump/hotwire kit done, and am working on the gauges to keep me busy. Relocated everything already, and ditched the AIR. Going to try to finish the gauges this weekend, and maybe swap the injectors, new plugs, and mount the intercoolers.
Old 03-06-2010 | 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

i got two questions

1) i cant find the thing on epp's site that lets you keep foglights with front mount.
2)anyone selling a D1 head unit =D
Old 03-06-2010 | 03:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383camaroz28
i got two questions

1) i cant find the thing on epp's site that lets you keep foglights with front mount.

They never produced a kit that had provisions to keep them but they did a build that kept them to show that it was possible.
Old 03-06-2010 | 03:31 PM
Teching In

ha cool thread but i'd like to know who sells procharger kits that are good quality.
Old 03-06-2010 | 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Q-
Gotta bump this thread for more updates from you guys. I'm waiting on my crank pinning kit to get here to keep going forward with my install, but I've got my fuel pump/hotwire kit done, and am working on the gauges to keep me busy. Relocated everything already, and ditched the AIR. Going to try to finish the gauges this weekend, and maybe swap the injectors, new plugs, and mount the intercoolers.
did you get the pin kit that goes in the side or the front?

if you got the front, do you have a part number for it?

thanks,
-Erik
Old 03-06-2010 | 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nando105
ha cool thread but i'd like to know who sells procharger kits that are good quality.
EPP ---------->

Mine certainly aint a DD, but like Aster says, with it's street manners it could be. I'm amazed how tame it drives, and it makes 3X the power that it did stock.

It only has 2 issues. I always want to plant the go pedal, and I can't get big enough tires on it to hold it.
Old 03-06-2010 | 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Would you say hits hard to build your own procharger setup if your a newb to it or is it very easy
Old 03-06-2010 | 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

guys sorry to say that i have stepped away from the procharger ranks, but it was not because i was not happy with it. i just wanted to try something new....wish me luck guys
Old 03-06-2010 | 09:51 PM
Restricted User

Default crank pin tool kit

I have a crank pinning tool kit for rent, someone is using it now should have it back soon
PM me if u need it
Old 03-07-2010 | 01:09 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by negativeswitches
did you get the pin kit that goes in the side or the front?

if you got the front, do you have a part number for it?

thanks,
-Erik
I did get the one that goes in the front, which is for a stock balancer. I'll PM you the place I got it from, since they aren't a sponsor. I know Byunspeed has them for $99...not sure of the part number offhand, though. Thunder Racing advertises a pinnning kit for a stock LS1 balancer, but they were out of stock last week.

I finished up my trap door setup after cutting the access panel for the fuel pump install. Worked pretty well...I used two small hinges, and another small tab on the other side that's held down with a screw. So now I just unscrew one screw out of the tab, and the panel swings open to the other side. Sealed it up and put everything back in place.

Got all my wire lengths soldered together, and finally got a big enough hole drilled in the firewall to run the connector for the electronic fuel pressure gauge through. What a pain in the *** that was. Should have the gauges finished up tomorrow...
Old 03-07-2010 | 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats exactly what i was looking for thanks a ton!!! those things are hard to find
Old 03-07-2010 | 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

ill have to post up some pics of my setup soon

Quick Reply: Procharger guys