Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ProCharger Front Mount Intercooler for 98-02 F Body

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default ProCharger Front Mount Intercooler for 98-02 F Body

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ11...-1GJ115-IC.htm

ProChargers front mount intercooler assembly for the 98-02 Camaro and Firebird will be shipping at the end of February. Orders can be placed now to be one of the first to receive this new front mount. Pictures and pricing can be found at the above link. Thanks. Bob

Front mount instructions have been added to the above link.

The ProCharger Front Mount fits Firebirds, Camaros, and Trans-Ams without hood interference. The Camaro SS does require either hood modifications or some plumbing modifications, for ProChargers Front Mount to clear the hood. Take a look at the thread at this link to see how the front mount can be made to clear without doing any hood modifications. https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-pictures.html Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Last edited by Bob@BruteSpeed; 06-12-2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Front mount instructions have been added to the above link. Bob
Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Soooo $1300 for fmic kit + $370 for a race valve....and at leats $100 shipping = almost $1800 for a FM? WOW
Old 02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Soooo $1300 for fmic kit + $370 for a race valve....and at leats $100 shipping = almost $1800 for a FM? WOW
Shipping is free, thanks. None of the intercoolers I have ever seen come with a bypass valve. Ours at the old shop didn't. Bob

Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk00ss
If you already have a Race Bypass Valve, you can cut that expense out, and shipping shouldn't be any more than $55.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

By any chance will you be able to buy just the front mount without the actual piping?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice looking piece! Should flow very well.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Bob, what size i/c is it? HP rating.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by corpserodeo666
By any chance will you be able to buy just the front mount without the actual piping?
I'm sure you will be able to, I don't have the parts break down yet on it.

Originally Posted by white01ss
Nice looking piece! Should flow very well.
ProCharger spent a lot of time on this combination to make sure they had all the bases covered, I'm sure it is going to work out great.

Originally Posted by helicoil
Bob, what size i/c is it? HP rating.
ProCharger is using their 1300 HP rating intercooler on this combination. Thanks. Bob

Old 02-04-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about just pipeing option?
Old 02-04-2011, 02:43 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 383camaroz28
What about just pipeing option?
I'm sure the reply Bob gave corpserodeo666 applies to your question as well..

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
I'm sure you will be able to, I don't have the parts break down yet on it....

Or maybe you all should team up though and buy a complete kit and settle it yourselves?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been looking and looking for a front mount that I could use on my TA and not cut it up a bunch. I guess I would still need to see detailed install instructions to know if this would work or not too.

I do have a couple of questions when using this type of intercooler on a TA...

1) If I dont want to remove the firebird plate cover or my fog lights will I still get good cooling? I know it would obviously would be better if those holes were open and could hit the intercooler directly but if I dont want to open those up.

2) Sort of linked to number question number one. If I dont want to remove them and even if cooling would be OK with the FMIC would the twin 4.5's still be better?

My main motivation to using a fmic is it would allow me to use the larger truck inlet air filter so that bottle neck isn't there and I dont really care for the look of the plenium with dual hoses, I would rather have the one pipe feed the TB directly.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:09 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

The way they are mounting the FMIC, there is no room to retain your foglights (not in the stock mounting location anyway) since they are having you remove the front cross brace.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bob,

Is there anyway they will release the install directions to you. I would like to order this type of set up if it works out for my situation but wont know until I can see what goes into the install.

The price difference between this set up and the complete twin 4.5" set up looks like a couple hundred less in favor of the FMIC set up. Can I assume that if selected with one of your packages the package price would also go down?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Is there a way to keep the fogs?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am hoping since those are pre-production pictures that there is a bracket system to reinstall the lights but we wont know for sure until some install directions are released.

I guess worse case the lights might have to go but my biggest issue might be requiring to have to remove the license plate cover which is a show stopper for me.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Is there anyway the ATI Pro Flow Valve would clamp on to the intercooler pipe were the big red race valve would go?

Paul
Old 02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Do I hear group purchase coming... bob?

I will be calling you tomorrow. Sweet.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
I have been looking and looking for a front mount that I could use on my TA and not cut it up a bunch. I guess I would still need to see detailed install instructions to know if this would work or not too.

I do have a couple of questions when using this type of intercooler on a TA...

1) If I dont want to remove the firebird plate cover or my fog lights will I still get good cooling? I know it would obviously would be better if those holes were open and could hit the intercooler directly but if I dont want to open those up.

2) Sort of linked to number question number one. If I dont want to remove them and even if cooling would be OK with the FMIC would the twin 4.5's still be better?

My main motivation to using a fmic is it would allow me to use the larger truck inlet air filter so that bottle neck isn't there and I dont really care for the look of the plenium with dual hoses, I would rather have the one pipe feed the TB directly.

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
The way they are mounting the FMIC, there is no room to retain your foglights (not in the stock mounting location anyway) since they are having you remove the front cross brace.

Bob,

Is there anyway they will release the install directions to you. I would like to order this type of set up if it works out for my situation but wont know until I can see what goes into the install.

The price difference between this set up and the complete twin 4.5" set up looks like a couple hundred less in favor of the FMIC set up. Can I assume that if selected with one of your packages the package price would also go down?

I am hoping since those are pre-production pictures that there is a bracket system to reinstall the lights but we wont know for sure until some install directions are released.

I guess worse case the lights might have to go but my biggest issue might be requiring to have to remove the license plate cover which is a show stopper for me.

Originally Posted by Staleyp
Is there anyway the ATI Pro Flow Valve would clamp on to the intercooler pipe were the big red race valve would go?

Paul

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
Do I hear group purchase coming... bob?

I will be calling you tomorrow. Sweet.

Back at the old EPP shop we managed to weld the fog light brackets directly to the sides of the intercoolers on several installs. On one customers Camaro we did not cut out the front bumper and directed airflow up from the bottom. It is too early to tell if there is room to remount the foglights on the sides of this intercooler.

The ProCharger instructions for this front mount assembly are not yet completed.

The bung for the Race Valve is much larger than the bung for the Pro-flow. You could transition it down so that the Pro-flow could be used.

Mike, from my experience group purchases for big ticket items typically don't work and the first ones on board get frustrated with the time frame, and justifiably so if it takes too long. Thanks! Bob

Last edited by Bob@BruteSpeed; 02-05-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used a 31x12x3 intercooler when I did my P1SC and I was able to keep the foglights without any fancy welding or brackets. I trimmed out just enough room for the intercooler to fit and still had room to bolt my foglights in their factory locations.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

To those who have inquired about purchasing a complete ProCharger system from me with this new front mount intercooler system, let me check with ProCharger on what, if any pricing difference there would be this coming Monday. Thanks! Bob

Quick Reply: ProCharger Front Mount Intercooler for 98-02 F Body