Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

370, Garrett GT55-94, truck manifolds build thread. ***UPDATE 12-10***

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmracer
its nice to see someone is as **** as i am... HAHA.
haha, its a little jank, but understandable for someone who cant read blueprints, and ****. If i was at school, i would have made it into a nice autocad drawing.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cannot get over how incredibly huge that turbo is. Have you thought about using nitrous pre turbo to spool this bad boy for ***** and giggles or as a back up if all else fails plan...you could also do it after the turbo too, I didn't catch if you plan on running methanol injection? M1 would do wonders in your situation if needed be also. With m1 and n20 you have a lot of extra left to push on it if need be.

I don't think you'll ever get it to spool on the dyno without nitrous, but we all know dyno's don't matter they are a tuning device and my guess is this thing will be ***** out at the track where it belongs
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I cannot get over how incredibly huge that turbo is. Have you thought about using nitrous pre turbo to spool this bad boy for ***** and giggles or as a back up if all else fails plan...you could also do it after the turbo too, I didn't catch if you plan on running methanol injection? M1 would do wonders in your situation if needed be also. With m1 and n20 you have a lot of extra left to push on it if need be.

I don't think you'll ever get it to spool on the dyno without nitrous, but we all know dyno's don't matter they are a tuning device and my guess is this thing will be ***** out at the track where it belongs
We will just have to see brother. If nothing else i will just destroy bikes on the interstate
Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackWS666
We will just have to see brother. If nothing else i will just destroy bikes on the interstate
I love it, it's so fun walking bike owners that don't own fast cars or have never been beat by one before.

I don't think you will have as bad spooling problem now that I went back to the first page and saw that it's a .96 ar housing. That's not near as big as some smaller turbo's others are running. Granted it is a T6 flanged, 3 inch crossover set-up it will still work even without an intercooler, although I think if you don't utilize m1 injection your shooting yourself in the foot a good 200rwhp easily with the timing, IAT, and overall tune being better controlled.

I dunno think about it, I think you should look into the N2O and definately go with methanol injection.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, its a little jank, but understandable for someone who cant read blueprints, and ****. If i was at school, i would have made it into a nice autocad drawing.
no no no, im serious. LOL. i make all my own **** too, and measuring everything is a PITA but its the only way to do it. when i first started out i was eye balling everything, but i quickly discovered that doesnt work well..

the blueprint looks good for just paint, but im more taking about the fact that you took 2 hours to make a little plate. :p
Old 06-29-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

no no no, im serious. LOL. i make all my own **** too, and measuring everything is a PITA but its the only way to do it. when i first started out i was eye balling everything, but i quickly discovered that doesnt work well..

the blueprint looks good for just paint, but im more taking about the fact that you took 2 hours to make a little plate. :p
Thanks dude, I really appreciate that. I work at a custom paint shop, so my car has to look good, and not half assed, or thats what people think we do. Im waiting till this winter to paint, just wanted the kit in nicely and next year will worry about looks.

I like to look as good as i run. And the more i read on here and yellowbullet its rare to find a car that runs like a rapped ape and is showcar quality. Even more rare when someone does all the work themselves.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love it, it's so fun walking bike owners that don't own fast cars or have never been beat by one before.

I don't think you will have as bad spooling problem now that I went back to the first page and saw that it's a .96 ar housing. That's not near as big as some smaller turbo's others are running. Granted it is a T6 flanged, 3 inch crossover set-up it will still work even without an intercooler, although I think if you don't utilize m1 injection your shooting yourself in the foot a good 200rwhp easily with the timing, IAT, and overall tune being better controlled.

I dunno think about it, I think you should look into the N2O and definately go with methanol injection.
Yea man, i will think about that for next year. This year i just want it running so i can cruise.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like to look as good as i run. And the more i read on here and yellowbullet its rare to find a car that runs like a rapped ape and is showcar quality. Even more rare when someone does all the work themselves.
this is my goal. i view my car as my resume, as i want to open a fab shop at some point. in order for that to happen, i need to get a few years of experience. i think my completed, or somewhat completed car will be a perfect way to say "pick me". but it needs to be perfect, and i'll settle for nothing less. i really dont give a **** what the outside looks like, but the chassis, interior, and underhood will look mint.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks unreal for a street car. Massive props with your build. I don't know about Illinois but here in CA if a cop asked me to pop my hood and saw something like that he would draw his gun he'd be so shocked. Honda and import guys that buy all there turbo stuff for massive money instead of make it will be speechless. How much $$ do you have in your complete turbo setup?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't want to cut up my Buick fender or I would do the exhaust like that in a heartbeat just because its functional, budget, unique, and trick. I might run mine behind my front wheel since it sits higher than an f-body but this thread has definitely inspired me to do something outside of the box on my build.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Massive props, you are doing an outstanding job on this car. Did you have fun wrapping that down pipe? I also noticed that you wrapped your up pipe all 8" of it lol. Awesome job so far.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

man i just talked to forceinductions.com and he reccomended me this turbo for upgradeing my tc78 and WOW that beast is bigger then i thought.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLINGOLE
man i just talked to forceinductions.com and he reccomended me this turbo for upgradeing my tc78 and WOW that beast is bigger then i thought.
No comment on ForcedInductions.com
Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bad experience?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Spill, spill, spill the beans!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TurbopigB4C
Bad experience?
Spill, spill, spill the beans!
now im curious!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

I cant wait to hear the exhaust note, I bet it will sound every bit as mean as the car looks.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLINGOLE
now im curious!
I really want to know because I was planning on getting one of there Borg Warner s400-75-ett turbos because it is only $649 for a 75mm compressor and 83 or 96mm turbine. That's the best price I have found for such a turbo and on the DSM forums everyone loves the Borg Warners so it sounded good to me.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TurbopigB4C
I really want to know because I was planning on getting one of there Borg Warner s400-75-ett turbos because it is only $649 for a 75mm compressor and 83 or 96mm turbine. That's the best price I have found for such a turbo and on the DSM forums everyone loves the Borg Warners so it sounded good to me.
they're great turbo's, and i've never had jose NOT answer the phone when i've called, but we'll see what he has to say, im interested.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

they're great turbo's, and i've never had jose NOT answer the phone when i've called, but we'll see what he has to say, im interested.
Im not going to tell the whole story because i will probably get banded for saying something negative about a sponsor.......

I was very happy with how helpful they(no names) were. Just didnt enjoy getting the run around for over 2 months as to why the turbo I ordered hasnt been shipped out yet. I was trying to be on a tight timeline, and that immediately screwed me over. Which is why its July and my cars not running....... thats all im going to say.

Quick Reply: 370, Garrett GT55-94, truck manifolds build thread. ***UPDATE 12-10***