Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Edelbrock's Corvette Tuner Kit in a F-body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Edelbrock's Corvette Tuner Kit in a F-body?

I like the design of Edelbrock's TVS supercharger kit for the Vettes mainly that they fit under the stock hood. What is the height difference between the LS2 supercharger assembly and a stock LS6 intake manifold. I haven't seen anyone else try it yet, but what about installing the LS2 tuner kit in a F-body. I'm curious if it will clear the body under the windshield. It might not be an easy install, maybe have to drop the engine and k-member to get it installed. It would also require poly engine mounts to keep it from moving too much. Also, it would be required to make a bracket for the throttle cable and find the right belt. I know there is about a .88" difference in pulley alignment, but that can be fixed with a spacer. Not look for big time boost like my Firebird, but a nice street system for the TransAm. Any thoughts on it?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:53 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think there are going to be quite a few items that would need to be addressed to use that on a 4th gen fbody. Specifically, the intake ports on the ls2/ls3 heads are different than your heads, so to get it to work, you'd have to swap heads to a square port, but be careful using a factory head as the valves might not work with your ls1 bore size. Then there's the issue of getting the pullies to line up and work properly with your pullies..... and then you'd have to worry about clearing the cowl.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I think there are going to be quite a few items that would need to be addressed to use that on a 4th gen fbody. Specifically, the intake ports on the ls2/ls3 heads are different than your heads, so to get it to work, you'd have to swap heads to a square port, but be careful using a factory head as the valves might not work with your ls1 bore size. Then there's the issue of getting the pullies to line up and work properly with your pullies..... and then you'd have to worry about clearing the cowl.
LS2 used 243 heads, which will bolt on a 5.7, it was also cathedral port, not square
Old 05-22-2011, 08:39 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by charleysheen
LS2 used 243 heads, which will bolt on a 5.7, it was also cathedral port, not square
My bad, but the point I was trying to make is there is a lot to consider when just 'bolting on' a kit designed for another vehicle.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

yes it can be done... mainly you will need to make your own brackets for mounting the heat exchanger pump, and ensuring that the snout of the supercharger and the routing of the intake tube fit. it should fit under the cowl with a little trimming
Old 05-22-2011, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't say it would be a direct bolt-in, there are some things that I'd have to get creative. The biggest part is getting it to fit under the windshield of the F-body. Anyone know the height of the supercharger manifold assembly and the stock LS6 intake from the top of the lifter valley?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the windshield is not the a problem, its the cowl, and if you dont mind cutting that out then your good to go
Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

or you could space the k member and trans like gmpp did to get the ls9 in a 4th gen engine bay. they're basically the same blowers

Quick Reply: Edelbrock's Corvette Tuner Kit in a F-body?