Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Project: Stang' Bang: New Edge Turbo Build... class? Track?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the.compliment bud. Yes, I am def 100% going with the holley Hp efi.

The merge is not really a merge, lol. I utilized the twin scroll, ill get a couple close up pics after the game. And for the wastegate, I'm still not sure. Twins would be easiest, but I have a single 46 from the previous build I may try to use. Not sure yet.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Spent a few hours tonight and built a down pipe, mounted up the turbo and started messing with charge pipe ideas, this is all for nothing as im switching to a truck manifold assuming i dont buck up the change for a Holley High Ram or a victor Jr. Im really really really considering it. Anyway, this is where its at right now.

Im thinking by this weekend i might have the trans back in so i can measure for the drive shaft and im able to do that, i should be able to finally get started on the inside. Id like to have the cage here within 3 weeks so i can get the seats and dash mounted. I did gut the dash, its down to nothing but a skin and a skeleton. Wiring should commence soon, boy o' boy am i thrilled about that ****.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice new project, good to see you put down the xbox controller long enough to get stuff done .

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your progress.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Nice new project, good to see you put down the xbox controller long enough to get stuff done .

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your progress.
Lol, Yep, the xbox has taken a back seat this winter, my garage is heated these days and i have a nice work bench, makes going out into the garage to work a hell of a lot easier
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Here you go junkie, twin scroll. I think ive figured out how to do a single gate on this setup, probably gonna go that route.

Last edited by JAX04; 02-09-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Coming along nicely. But I have one concern. It looks like you welded the braces on the cross over to the body? Is this correct? If so, how are you planning on being able to remove that crossover in the future? Am I missing something?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks man. If you look in this pic, ive painted the bracket black here so you can really see whats going on well.

the in order from bottom to top. Turbo->Cross over flange-> Bracket that mounts to frame.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Nice merge collector.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Thirian24
Nice merge collector.
Thank you.
Lets see, i ditched the ls1 intake and picked up a truck manifold to use instead.

Converter is back now from a pilot extension job, cross over is finish tig welded on the insides of the flange so its ready to go back on. I need to do a few small things to it, cut it and re weld it to relieve some tension thats on it, im not liking it.

Game plan for tonight is to re install trans and converter, so i can finally measure for the DS, make a mounting plate for the oil return pump, maybe get some seat position figured out, weld the torque boxes up, basically lots of house keeping and make some custom mounts for the fuel rails on the manifold.

Also scored these today

Last edited by JAX04; 02-10-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice progress Kyle. It's coming along well.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JAX04
Here you go junkie, twin scroll. I think ive figured out how to do a single gate on this setup, probably gonna go that route.

Ahah!

I see, looks really good Jax. Can't wait to see you make some test hits when it's done.

If you need any more help from me you know what to do.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where abouts in indy is the car located? Im in indy as well and doing a pretty similar setup in a 240sx.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Nice progress Kyle. It's coming along well.
Thanks Blake! Im hoping to be driving it by the end of april

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Ahah!

I see, looks really good Jax. Can't wait to see you make some test hits when it's done.

If you need any more help from me you know what to do.
Will do man, thanks!

Originally Posted by LS13.5
Where abouts in indy is the car located? Im in indy as well and doing a pretty similar setup in a 240sx.
West side of indy. Ill shoot you a PM.

Thanks guys!

I didnt get any work done this weekend, lol. Im waiting on my cage to get here, and still trying to decide what do about a couple of different things. However, i did get the driveshaft made and installed on Friday. So its officially connected now.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Quick nothing here.

1. Cage will be here sometime next week.

2. Holley HP EFI stand alone engine management will be here either tomorrow or Monday.

3. Turbowerx EXA gear driven oil scavenge pump, only the baddest damn scavenge pump in the world will be here tomorrow as well. THANKS TOM!

4. Fuel tank and fuel system is getting the triple walbro treatment, and maybe something special......

Since we have a spare CNG kit lying around, we may try to run this thing on CNG for ***** and giggles and see what it can do. thats a big MIGHT. its been offered to me to try it if i want to. I would have to buy the tank though. We will see.

Anyhow, if im lucky, i may actually start the motor this weekend.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Anywho, the holley arrived today....

Last edited by JAX04; 03-13-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok, well since im being a cheap *** this very moment, i decided id kill two birds with one stone,

I ordered a summit 15 gallon sumped tank since i could not use the stock mustang tank.

With that said, i was pretty pissed that i could not use the two walbro setup i had, especially after i just bout new line for it, submirsible, alcohol rated, fuel injection line, it was 27 bucks for one foot.

Anyway, since i did not want to waste my twin setup, and didnt want to buy a new pump, i modified what i already had, it and drilled a hole for a new bulk head fitting in the new tank. And bada bing, bada boom, twin intank walbros that lie down in the sump. can even fit the third when im ready for it.

Anyway, cheesy pics, but here they are. I pulled back the throttle on trying to get this done so quickly since im having trouble getting someone over to help with the welding of the roll cage and notching. I dont trust my self to do this.

anyway, heres a couple nothing pics.

I know said this before, but im going tomorrow to pic up the last couple sensors i need and a new battery, since the fuel system will be ran, their is no reason i cant go ahead and fire the engine up and get it through a heat cycle and re torque the heads, we will see. Ive been dealing with alot of disc issues in my lower back, so its really slowed my pace...

Oh, and a little side shot of the cobra front bumper i love the terminator look!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:06 AM
TECH Resident

Looking good man!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Alright, finished the fuel cell today, and made the new supply and return lines for the fuel system all i have to do is zip them up under the car and hook them to the rails and regulator that are already in place.

Here's what i ended up with. All connections are soldered and shrink wrapped. I extended the lines up through a -8an bulkhead and 90* fitting and filled it full of "GOOP" and then shrink wrapped the end of it.

If anyone needs to know, a replacement Walbro filter sock can be had for 6 bucks at autozone, napa etc. Just ask for a 5.0 mustang, (FOX BODY) fuel pump strainer/sock and it will fit on like perfect.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For electrical I'm a fan of running a stud through the top of the cap/lid and double nut the Inside and outside. Then u can bolt wires on to either side without breaking the seal

But yours looks better
Old 03-24-2012, 07:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ericwilloughby
For electrical I'm a fan of running a stud through the top of the cap/lid and double nut the Inside and outside. Then u can bolt wires on to either side without breaking the seal

But yours looks better
I probably wouldve done something like that but i had already drilled the hole thinking i would run my supply/bulkhead in that spot, then realized it was too tall to make work, so i had to do something with it, lol.

Quick Reply: Project: Stang' Bang: New Edge Turbo Build... class? Track?