Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone see the Nickey Chevy 35th SS with a 427r TT

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Anyone see the Nickey Chevy 35th SS with a 427r TT

It was in the December issue of HOT ROD. Says there gonna build 3 more cars. The twin kit is built by HiTech Motorsports. Its makin over a 1000hp. =)

Here's the pic of the motor out of the car from the mag:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...0_150_full.jpg

Last edited by BLk01SS; 11-09-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

They are local to me. This pretty much sums up what most people think of the shop
Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

i saw one being dynoes....it had some redline tires on 18's....that thing was brutal
Old 11-09-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Do you remember where you saw the Dyno video ????
Old 11-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Coal Mining Director

Nickey had his first c5r TT built by someone that rhymes with "Bob Baymer". It was supposed to make +1000rwhp. It didn't do squat......easy to say "my car makes over 1000rwhp...but I just idle it around."
Old 11-10-2005, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

I believe there's a guy in colorado that has a car like that. Its built to win dyno challenges, that's it. The guy doesn't do anything else with it.

friggin gay if you ask me.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think Raymer built it, then the guy had a bunch of trouble with it and took it to HiTech to get it fixed or finished.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I believe there's a guy in colorado that has a car like that. Its built to win dyno challenges, that's it. The guy doesn't do anything else with it.

friggin gay if you ask me.
that sounds very ....
Old 11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ~ever~
try streetfire.net....thats where i remember seeing it
Old 11-11-2005, 12:00 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by BLk01SS
I think Raymer built it, then the guy had a bunch of trouble with it and took it to HiTech to get it fixed or finished.
I know that when QMP went under Raymer was working on a twin 35th. Had no idea what happened to it though, so who knows.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onfire
Nickey had his first c5r TT built by someone that rhymes with "Bob Baymer". It was supposed to make +1000rwhp. It didn't do squat......easy to say "my car makes over 1000rwhp...but I just idle it around."
We saw that car at "Baymer's" shop being worked on. I've got pictures of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find them. I do know that it wasn't a c5r motor. Or at least it didn't have c5r heads anyway. I also know there are some people who had problems with QMP, but they were always good to us. We have no complaints, and he worked on 3 of our cars.

Doesn't seem like your car makes squat either for a c5r 427 twin turbo LPE setup. But I'm just going off what I read in HP Pontiac. I'd put my wife's stock cube "Baymer" built car up against yours any day.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ~ever~
Here you go.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....C-B905DDA5580F
Old 11-12-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NaughtyGirlTA
We saw that car at "Baymer's" shop being worked on. I've got pictures of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find them. I do know that it wasn't a c5r motor. Or at least it didn't have c5r heads anyway. I also know there are some people who had problems with QMP, but they were always good to us. We have no complaints, and he worked on 3 of our cars.

Doesn't seem like your car makes squat either for a c5r 427 twin turbo LPE setup. But I'm just going off what I read in HP Pontiac. I'd put my wife's stock cube "Baymer" built car up against yours any day.

I don't think that car made any numbers until HiTech got it right. I'll ask Dave (aka Lingenfelter SS) about it on Monday, he knows the story on that car.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

I saw the car out one night when "Baymers" had it and it sounded awesome. I would love to know what was wrong with it.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLk01SS
I don't think that car made any numbers until HiTech got it right. I'll ask Dave (aka Lingenfelter SS) about it on Monday, he knows the story on that car.
After seeing this thread, I was curious too, so I emailed Rob and asked him about it. Rather than speaking for him, I just cut and pasted his response below:

"...we didn't build the engine, it was built by Bill Thomas Racing in California and shipped to us "Ready to Run". That's where the problems began. They installed Comp R lifters (zero lash lifters), and pre-loaded them .030. We weren't able to make any power to speak of (670rwhp @ 4200) because it would fall on its' face after 4200 rpm's. This was when we discovered the problem with the lifters and pushrods. Bill Thomas Jr admitted he had made this mistake and sent new lifters, pushrods, etc., but I insisted that it had probably already damaged the cam. Nickey Chevrolet wanted to "roll the dice" and try just changing the lifters and pushrods. So we did. But even with the lifters then at zero lash, the engine still wouldn't pull past 5000. Due to Nickey wanting to deliver the car to their customer, they chose to pick it up "as-is" and let Bill Thomas fix the engine problem. I supplied them with several tunes to get them close on the 850-900rwhp goal, with the understanding that I would fine tune it once the engine was repaired. I was later informed that the E-Boost was also defective and had to be replaced, as well as repairs to the engine.

To be honest, we got screwed right from the beginning on that project. It was agreed initially that we would get magazine coverage and national recognition for building the car. By "building the car" I mean, we designed and built the entire Twin Turbo system, custom built the rollbar, installed the 12 bolt, full suspension, Baer Brakes, wheels & tires, engine, custom built tubular K-Member, clutch, transmission, and I even designed the custom front grill. In order to show the car at the National Supercar Event, Nickey picked it up early and took it to the show for "pictures, magazine coverage, etc". When they brought it back to us to finish, to my shock, they had removed the QMP Logo on the intake and replaced it with a "Bill Thoms / Nickey Chevrolet" logo. And in the article that would be written, we were only MENTIONED as having "helped with the project". At that point, I really couldn't have cared less how much power it made, or didn't make. We did what we were contracted to do...installed the parts and built the twin turbo system.

It's no surprise that it made 1000rwhp. The same turbo's and intercooler we installed are still on the car and are capable of over 1250fwhp.

On a separate note, I truly am sorry to the people that are disappointed in QMP/Me. I feel as though I did let many of them down. Regardless of the fact that I was a victim of circumstance, being forced out of business by the destruction of my website, I wish I could/would have done more. I relied on the courts to force this guy to put my site back up. But they didn't. They said it was a "Civil Matter" and washed their hands of it. I should have been honest and up front with everyone, but I wasn't. I just didn't know how to handle it. I was mad, embarassed, ashamed, and most of all scared. Unless you've been in my shoes, you can't know how I feel now, or felt then. As I can't possibly know how others who were caught in this mess feel.

I'm not apologizing because I plan to get back into this business, because I don't. I'm apologizing because I want to. And I know many of you will say "f@ck you, liar, I hope you die", etc, etc.. But believe me, I've practically been dead for the last year and a half. And at times wished I were. Aside from not being able to sleep, I have barely been able to survive financially since closing the doors last November. I lost my house, cars, credit, and respect. So maybe those who hate me will at least get some solice in knowing that."

I hope it's okay that I posted this.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

damn i think i'm gonna cry
Old 11-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Coal Mining Director

To Robo above (we know you lurk) and Robo's trolls above....I'm very happy with my car. Especially, since it doesn't have any stolen parts on it. Hope you enjoyed the article.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onfire
To Robo above (we know you lurk) and Robo's trolls above....I'm very happy with my car. Especially, since it doesn't have any stolen parts on it. Hope you enjoyed the article.
Our cars don't have any stolen parts on them either. And I don't believe Rob is, or was ever a thief. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board who have had dealings with him that would say he saved them money and treated them fairly. It doesn't sound to me like he's claiming completely innocent, but I don't think he's the person you and others make him out to be. What more can he do? He's out of business and from what he says he's broke.

He told me that his apology wouldn't matter, but I thought it might. Which is why I posted it. Guess he was right.

You're happy with your car, I'm happy with my car and my wife is happy with hers. Maybe that's all that matters.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

if all thats true about rob, then it does suck for him, however while he was on this board, it was alot different tune from him

best of luck to all inolved
Old 11-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Coal Mining Director

NaughtyGirlTA. Your writing style reminded me of someone. I went back and read some of the emails I kept from Rob. Y'all must have had the same English teacher in high school....Very similar patterns and grammer.....also read your posts jabbing ProStockJohn in Parish's thread. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm : I'm sure it's just a coincidence though.:eyes

Quick Reply: Anyone see the Nickey Chevy 35th SS with a 427r TT