Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
So which side gets the shorter axle for example.....mine is also coming with the tru-trac as well.

I have the Midwest 9" with truetrac. The shorter axle goes on the left. Dont worry.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
I have the Midwest 9" with truetrac. The shorter axle goes on the left. Dont worry.

Thanks man.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of axles, I just got mine from UPS and both were 1/8 longer than they should be but per Eric, they are ok. Also, Moser forgot the bearings and seals so Eric is going to hook me up and send them separate since my housing already shipped today!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
Speaking of axles, I just got mine from UPS and both were 1/8 longer than they should be but per Eric, they are ok. Also, Moser forgot the bearings and seals so Eric is going to hook me up and send them separate since my housing already shipped today!!!!
bearings and seals were suppose to come with the axles??? Not good.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

bearings and seals were suppose to come with the axles??? Not good.

Yep, and I could of taken everything to work with me and had the axles already prepped for when the housing shows up. Oh well. As long as Eric gets them out for me tomorrow I'm cool. It sucks because he shipped my housing out earlier in the day so he has to ship a 2nd pakg. Damn Moser. This is why I did not buy the M9 from them. They are too big of a company.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

How does this package sound?

Base package with stock width, 31 spline Moser or Strange axles, chromemoly adjustable torque arm with crossmember

options:
-Meziere rear side filler cap assembly
-3 channel abs
-Truetrac differential unit
-Black powder coating
-Housing backbrace
-Strange alum. center, alum support, billet yoke
-Forged alum support and billet yoke (what is this???)
-New gm caliper mounts and backing plates
-Strange 3 inch chromemoly driveshaft

Completely assembled rearend ready to bolt-in +80.00 (will need to be supplied with your brake caliper mounts or new ones)

If I didn't do the completely assembled rear, what would be necessary for me to do? I hear you guys talking about pressing on bearings..would I need to do this? Or do I just have to assemble the axles and center section? Also could someone explain the forged aluminum support and billet yoke option?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
Yep, and I could of taken everything to work with me and had the axles already prepped for when the housing shows up. Oh well. As long as Eric gets them out for me tomorrow I'm cool. It sucks because he shipped my housing out earlier in the day so he has to ship a 2nd pakg. Damn Moser. This is why I did not buy the M9 from them. They are too big of a company.

Moser sucks now, well I PM'ed Eric about it and hopefully he gets it before he ships mine out as well.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Moser sucks now, well I PM'ed Eric about it and hopefully he gets it before he ships mine out as well.
x2 my axles had nothing else with them but the moser stickers.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
x2 my axles had nothing else with them but the moser stickers.

That's funny. That is exactly what I told Eric.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedRyder518
How does this package sound?

Base package with stock width, 31 spline Moser or Strange axles, chromemoly adjustable torque arm with crossmember

options:
-Meziere rear side filler cap assembly
-3 channel abs
-Truetrac differential unit
-Black powder coating
-Housing backbrace
-Strange alum. center, alum support, billet yoke
-Forged alum support and billet yoke (what is this???)
-New gm caliper mounts and backing plates
-Strange 3 inch chromemoly driveshaft

Completely assembled rearend ready to bolt-in +80.00 (will need to be supplied with your brake caliper mounts or new ones)

If I didn't do the completely assembled rear, what would be necessary for me to do? I hear you guys talking about pressing on bearings..would I need to do this? Or do I just have to assemble the axles and center section? Also could someone explain the forged aluminum support and billet yoke option?

The yoke is what the driveshaft bolts to. Billet alum is stronger and lighter less rotating weight. The pinion support is basically the piece the yoke is in there are about 5 bolts that bolt it on to the gear case. It has a bearing in there for the pinion and supports the pinion load. There are shims in between the support and the case which is what you change to set your backlash.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the upgraded pinion support is the Strange N1922, along with the U1603 billet chromemoly 1350 series pinion yoke. this setup is a great upgrade over the standard yoke and Daytona style that comes with the base package. while the Daytona is much stronger than the stock supports, it uses the stock size front bearing, and the rear bearing is one size larger than stock. the Strange N1922 uses bearings that are easily double the size of the Daytona, and is a stronger design. the larger bearing surface area significantly decreases deflection, resulting in better gear contact under loads.

the bearings and studs are usually supplied by me, coming in the crate with the housing and other components. depending on the axle and stud choice of the customer, sometimes it is easier just to have Moser supply them. Moser usually does a good job of getting the things all correct as ordered, and their products are good quality. i order several sets of axles at a time from them and it is possible for miscommunication between the salesperson and myself with all the different combinations. theres alot to a specific axle and it's dimensions with different brake gap offset, bearing offset, bearing id/od, abs mods, etc. i try to keep a good stock of the different bearings and studs to keep up with everything so no one gets too far behind if mistakes happen or a order gets changed during the build.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

SSVERT99, can you tell me if the LCA brackets on this housing are available seperately? I need a new set for my Moser and was considering having a set custom fabbed untill I found this thread. They are exactly what I am looking for, I think. They need to be able to fit a factory style control arm and 3in housing tube.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Eric,
Did my stuff make it to powdercoat yet?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

It's official stuff is on the road. Thanks Eric, sorry for all the calls but I am looking forward to this stuff. Thanks again.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talked to Eric and my rear should ship out today
Old 11-07-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Nice, looks like Eric has gotten caught up and has some breathing room now. That is awesome.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

everyone be sure and check your axles to make sure they are correct before installing them.... Moser sent mine with the bearings pressed on already and also the passenger side was the wrong length... i had a bearing lock up during the test drive today because the axle was too long

just lookin out!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
everyone be sure and check your axles to make sure they are correct before installing them.... Moser sent mine with the bearings pressed on already and also the passenger side was the wrong length... i had a bearing lock up during the test drive today because the axle was too long

just lookin out!

I am asking because I don't know not to be rude but how does a axle too long chew up a bearing?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ski23
Hey kc533, Is that the short arm with driveshaft loop? Im wanting to go with true duals and that mount wont work with duals.

Im ready to place my order fellas. What torque arm did everyone get? Suggest getting the short or long one? I gotta have a front mount with driveshaft loop to run at the track around here so I Think I gotta go with the short one

I have the long tq arm...still waiting on my ds loop to be fabricated. The only thing I know is the option's called an "integrated T56 driveshaft loop." I'd have to get it installed before I can tell you anything about clearance.
The long tq arm benefits street driving.
The short tq arm benefits drag strip use.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The way it was expalined to me, lower to mid HP cars would benefit from the short arm at the track. The longer arm would benefit high to insane HP cars at the track.

Cant really see how one would really work better or worse on the street.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics